Sign in to follow this  
Aharon

Maddog Dealing With Very Very Heavy Winter Traffic

Shalom and greetings all my pals,

Oh wow  the Finnish air space can be extremely busy and OVERLOADED during holiday season from Dec 15 to Jan 4!!!!!!!

Presenting  a nice MADDOG shuttle service from EFHK Helsinki Airport located 9.2 miles north of Helsinki city center to EFRO Rovaniemi Airport located in Rovaniemi 6 miles north of Rovaniemi city centre just next to the border of the Arctic Circle!!!

So many planes getting ready for flights to northern Finland also known as Arctic Circle or Lapland!!

sa1_2_zps65bc71d9.jpg

The wing and the jet engine had been polished for special holiday occasion while the other plane was taxiing to runway for flight to EFRO

sa2_zpsdea5f9cb.jpg

Ready for pushback while other planes arrived from EFRO and some planes heading to runway 04R

sa3_zps6e0a3c51.jpg

Starting engines while one plane took off for EFRO and other three arriving planes were taxiing to gates

sa4_2_zpsbd8724ab.jpg

Nice wing view!! You can see two MD-11s.  One is going to KJFK. The other is going to CYYZ.

sa5_2_zps8192950e.jpg

Starting to leave passenger apron while the other different plane took off for EFRO

sa6_2_zpsed39cea5.jpg

Still taxiing to short of runway 04R

sa7_2_zpsc8c3a416.jpg

sa8_2_zpsbb667c3d.jpg

Holding short of runway 04R awaiting for take off clearance

sa9_2_zps48f5301e.jpg

Airborne on climb to FL350!!!

sa10_2_zps8b610586.jpg

Making 180 degree turn to head north

sa11_2_zps654b28b3.jpg

sa12_2_zpsc9a8eeb5.jpg

Passing mighty city of Helsinki in middle of 180 degree turn!!

sa13_zps8c6a1bf9.jpg

Passing the airport of departure

sa14_zps87b181ee.jpg

Nice background view of waters of Gulf of Finland

sa15_zps9569b9a5.jpg

Cruising at FL350 to north

sa16_zps019181ba.jpg

sa17_zps8e1ea456.jpg

Descending from FL350 to 4,000 ft passing through clouds

sa18_zpse3d81232.jpg

sa19_zps028247d9.jpg

At 10,000 ft

sa20_zpsb2c7cf20.jpg

Because of regulations not allowing more than 20 screenshots per post, please be kind enough to go to this hyperlink to view rest of exciting flight.

Here is the link:  http://vatil.org.il/forum/index.php/topic/42436-very-very-very-heavy-winter-traffic/

Thank you for viewing!!  Stay tuned for next exciting flight.

Regards,

Aharon

signCopy.jpg

Any shots of the Maddog are most welcome!

My group flies the Maddog in Shared Cockpit on VATSIM roughly 8 times a week... nothing like it!  We love to fly in Northern Europe, the rest of Europe, and the U.S. as well.

Thanks so much for the shots!

Dave Hodges

System Specs:  I9-13900KF, NVIDIA 4070TI, Quest 3, Multiple Displays, Lots of TERRIFIC friends, 3 cats, and a wonderfully stubborn wife.

DaveCT,

Glad you enjoyed my screenshots!!!  Thanks for your kind words!!!

Good luck with your interesting website!!! What city was your Delta Skydream livery plane 737 approaching over?

Regards,

Aharon

signCopy.jpg

Aaron,

That was Philadelphia (KPHL) by SunSkyJet (freeware).  I took that during the early stages of Beta Testing the scenery.

The scenery is absolutely INCREDIBLE, and it's accuracy and feel is spot on.  One of the authorsm (Ian) lives in Philly, as did I at the time, and I've about 45 or so flight in/out of Philly and know the airport very well.  You'll love it, and it's freeware.

SunSkyJet has been working on Detroit as well, it's even better than Philly.

Hey, come make a flight with us sometime.

Dave Hodges

System Specs:  I9-13900KF, NVIDIA 4070TI, Quest 3, Multiple Displays, Lots of TERRIFIC friends, 3 cats, and a wonderfully stubborn wife.

ya nice shots and story, what MD-80 are you flying? And what Traffic are you using? if you don't mind me asking

Mrchrsrider,

My apologies to you for missing your questions.  Here are the answers.  The MD-80 model base and livery are freeware from Historic Jet Group website if that is what you mean by your question. If not and you mean which MD-8X version, then it is MD-82.

The Finnair and Blue1 AI traffic packages came from freeware World of AI.

Regards,

Aharon

Aaron,

That was Philadelphia (KPHL) by SunSkyJet (freeware).  The scenery is absolutely INCREDIBLE, and it's accuracy and feel is spot on.  One of the authorsm (Ian) lives in Philly, as did I at the time, and I've about 45 or so flight in/out of Philly and know the airport very well.  You'll love it, and it's freeware.Hey, come make a flight with us sometime.

DaveCT,

Yes I already have that awesome KPHL scenery by SunskyJet since its debut release a year ago. In my personal opinion,  it is greatest freeware add-on scenery of all time and I would recommend Sunskyjet to sell copy of KPHL for ten dollars instead of freeware.  For 10 bucks, I would be happy to buy it!!!  This freeware scenery is REAL SERIOUS payware quality and even better than some of payware sceneries!!!

I did not recognize Philly ground textures of your Delta Skyteam livery 737's approach because you must have approached the different runway than I normally use runway which puts my plane flying past football stadiums on right and airport fuel storage tanks on left.

As for group flights, I always fly after dinners on Vatsim   LOL  I do not fly shared cockpit method.  I have full hands with flying for five virtual airlines!!!!

KPHL is good for my flights for Virtual Eastern airline.  Just let me know typical schedule of your flying group for flight to KPHL and I will see if I can fit in using one of Eastern airline routes.

Regards,

Aharon 

signCopy.jpg

Hey Aharon,

FYI:  You can donate to SunSkyJet should you wish!  It's a great way to show how much you appreciate Ian's and Shez's hard work! 

Our members fly Europe and the U.S. almost daily.  Given that some members live in Europe and some live in the states, there is usually one or more members flying online (or just talking on our voice server) at any given time.

Feel free to jump on the voice server and say hello!  They're all really great, friendly, and experienced guys.

Dave Hodges

Great shota Arhon! And great aircraft! It's one of mine preferred and it's a pleasure to pilot. Is it still on Finnair fleet?

Riccardo

OS: Windows 10-64 bit, CPU: i7-7700K @4.20 GHz, GPU: Gigabyte GeForce GTX 1080 G1 8GB GDDR5, RAM: Corsair Vengeance DDR4 32GB 3000MHz, MB: MSI Z270

Is it still on Finnair fleet?

Riccardo74,

Thanks for kind words.  Unfortunately,  MD-82s are no longer in service with Finnair but that will never stop any flight simmer from flying that plane in Finnair livery :)

Regards,

Aharon

signCopy.jpg

Yes, you are right! This sim bird, though outdated in graphics compared with NGX or 777, it's a high-end system simulation and it's a true pleasure to fly with!

Thanks again for your shots!

Riccardo

OS: Windows 10-64 bit, CPU: i7-7700K @4.20 GHz, GPU: Gigabyte GeForce GTX 1080 G1 8GB GDDR5, RAM: Corsair Vengeance DDR4 32GB 3000MHz, MB: MSI Z270

Riccardo,

It is my pleasure to create many many screenshots every day for all of people's viewing pleasure.

Thank you for viewing my screenshots and please continue viewing my future screenshots hopefully with more comments, all my pals.

Regards,

Aharon

signCopy.jpg