Good day all,

I am about to purchase a new GTX card and I am hesitating between the 980 and 970. the price difference almost ~$200! So which one of these two will give me the best result especially with DX10 enabled and DX10 fixer. also which brand would be the best, EVGA, MSI, ASUS, Gygbyte?

I am only flying with FSX, I might try P3D once PMDG T777 available there. I also play BF4 a lot.

Best regards,

Adel

Good day all,

I am about to purchase a new GTX card and I am hesitating between the 980 and 970. the price difference almost ~$200! So which one of these two will give me the best result especially with DX10 enabled and DX10 fixer. also which brand would be the best, EVGA, MSI, ASUS, Gygbyte?

I am only flying with FSX, I might try P3D once PMDG T777 available there. I also play BF4 a lot.

Best regards,

Adel

What kind of processor do you have?

Yep...that... FSX and even P3D are more heavy with CPU use... the better graphics card won't hurt any and you may see some improvement since it will have a lot more VRAM. With that in mind, the 970 with 4GB VRAM will be just about as good for FSX or P3D as the 980 in my humble opinion.

I have no clue about how BF4 will improve or not since I really do not run that.

Yep...that... FSX and even P3D are more heavy with CPU use... the better graphics card won't hurt any and you may see some improvement since it will have a lot more VRAM. With that in mind, the 970 with 4GB VRAM will be just about as good for FSX or P3D as the 980 in my humble opinion.

I have no clue about how BF4 will improve or not since I really do not run that.

My current build:

processor: i7 4790K

MOBO: G1.Sniper.z97

RAM: 16Gb

GPU: AMD/ATI R9 290

I just bought the gigabyte 970 mini. And I can say what an improvement over my 560Ti. On my i2500k at 4.6 and with my 970 I can get 20 fps in New York with 100 percent traffic and smooth. What an improvement.

You have a good system there Adel4777. The 970 will work fine for you unless you have your heart set on the 980. Either one will better match your processor and ram than the R9 290 did.

You have a good system there Adel4777. The 970 will work fine for you unless you have your heart set on the 980. Either one will better match your processor and ram than the R9 290 did.

Well, yeah it is really a good build. However, FSX doesn't like my GPU. thats why I will change it.

So, GTX 980 but what is the good brand? EVGA , MSI, ASUS, Gygabite?

Is this card will be good?? 

http://www.newegg.com/Product/Product.aspx?Item=N82E16814125682

I think you could get the 970 and spend the difference in addons. $200+ dollars for really an insignificant performance difference unless you're running 4k or multi monitors. I love spending money but for this generation the price difference to performance ratio is quite small.

Plus you can oc the 970 to 980 stock levels if you think you are missing the performance difference.

supporter.jpg