Sign in to follow this  
doverfield2003

RPX Gauge or GTN 750 in Turbine Duke V2

Just purchased the RealAir Turbine Duke V2. Any feedback on what to fit it with.  Either the RPX guages or the GTN 750. Sounds like both do an amazing job. Does one do an overall better job than the other?  Just want to see what the overall consensus is.  I've read the last few posts regarding the release of the Duke in this forum with all sorts of feedback regarding the plane itself.  Bert Pieke quotes "I would purchase the Flight1 GTN 750 just for this aircraft alone. You are not going to regret it."  I have the utmost respect for Bert as I've learned a lot from him and think highly of his input. Just trying to get a feel before I spend my hard earned dollars. Thanks to everyone.  Doug

I've not tested the GTN 750 yet, but I do have both GNS's, and I'd still pick the GTN just because its still being improved, works in P3D v2 and is more futureproof than the GNS. I have plans  however on buying the 750 version during january sometimes:-)

Ryzen 9 5900X || Gigabyte RTX 4090 Windforce 24G || G.Skill TridentZ 32GB@3600CL16 || Asus ROG Strix Gaming-E X570
XPG SX8200 Pro 2TB M.2 NVMe || Corsair iCUE H115i PRO XT || Phanteks Eclipse P500A D-RGB || Phanteks Revolt Pro 1000W
Gigabyte 43'' FV43U 4k@144hz || X55 Rhino || G27 || Oculus Quest 2 || Turtle Beach Velocity One

The GTN is overall better mainly because you can easily add airways into a FPL.

I've got 530/430 in FSX and GTN 750 for P3D

| FAA ZMP |
| PPL ASEL |
| Windows 11 | MSI Z690 Tomahawk | 12700K 4.7GHz | MSI RTX 4080 | 32GB 5600 MHz DDR5 | 500GB Samsung 860 Evo SSD | 2x 2TB Samsung 970 Evo M.2 | EVGA 850W Gold | Corsair 5000X | HP G2 (VR) / LG 27" 1440p |

The GTN750 fits well into this aircraft...... I prefer the 750 for its functionality and its currently being worked on and supported.

BTW the V2 T DUKE is amazing.

Hirdy

Can't comment on the RPX but I do have the GTN750 and I use it in the A2A C182, Milviz 310, Alabeo Saratoga II and now the Turbine Duke.  It is a game changer IMO and it works great in all the above.  Didn't do a scientific study or anything but the Turbine Duke and the GTN 750 combo seems the easiest on FPS.  My advice.........GET IT!!!!!!!!

Steve

PS If you do let us know your feelings also.

Steve Corzine

Banner_FS2Crew_Emergency.png

The Garmin GTN series is 10 years newer than the GNS series, which it replaces.

No contest,  GTN is the one to go for, as long as the aircraft panel supports it.

So, Turbine Duke V2, GTN750.

Piston Duke V2, GNS530.  ^_^

Bert

are they still adding the 750/650 to the Duke Piston?

Ron Hamilton

"95% is half the truth, but most of it is lies, but if you read half of what is written, you'll be okay." __ Honey Boo Boo's Mom

Does anyone own the 750 AND 650? I was planning to wait for Crossfill but with a 650 you can display four more data variables - kinda handy

| FAA ZMP |
| PPL ASEL |
| Windows 11 | MSI Z690 Tomahawk | 12700K 4.7GHz | MSI RTX 4080 | 32GB 5600 MHz DDR5 | 500GB Samsung 860 Evo SSD | 2x 2TB Samsung 970 Evo M.2 | EVGA 850W Gold | Corsair 5000X | HP G2 (VR) / LG 27" 1440p |

Does anyone own the 750 AND 650? I was planning to wait for Crossfill but with a 650 you can display four more data variables - kinda handy

I do, but for the Turbine Duke, it does not add much...

I got the 650 because it fits nicely in my favorite plane, the F33 Bonanza.

Bert

Thank you to everyone for your replies. GTN 750 it is.

Just purchased and installed the GTN 750 into the Turbo Duke V2 myself.  

I've had the RealityXP 530 since the day it came out and I still fumble with it like a newbie.  Less than one hour after buying the GTN 750 I feel like I know it better than the 530.  It's incredibly intuitive and does not drag down the performance of the sim at all. 

This is the GA setup I've been dreaming of and it will keep me happy for a long time.

Richard P. Kelly

So guys on this garmin trainer disk thing, is it an absolute requirement? i.e. the GTN units won't work without it? It seems I saw it mentioned somewhere that the disk would update terrain, does this mean the GTN unit has no terrain display without it or is it just outdated? I'd purchase one of these units today for the T. Duke if I knew I could just install it and fly but if I have to wait for a psychical DVD to be delivered then I've got issues with my shipping address depending on which carrier it ships through and that gives me 2nd thoughts. Also, anyone know if the Garmin data can be downloaded somehow as opposed to shipped?

The GTN will work without the disk.  I believe the terrain data included in the trainer download is for North America only.

You can indeed install it and fly without having the DVD.  I flew around in Australia last night and had everything but the terrain data available.  I don't think the additional terrain data can be downloaded, but I could be wrong.

Richard P. Kelly

Many thanks Richard, I think I'll go purchase right now then and give it a whirl. :smile:

I have the Reality XP 430 and hardly used it, was hesitant to buy the new GTN 750 but glad I did; it's awesome!

RE Thomason Jr.