Sign in to follow this  
doverfield2003

RPX Gauge or GTN 750 in Turbine Duke V2

Is the GTN 750/650 nav database up date able? I realize this question has been asked before. Is there any way possible?Thanks

Is the GTN 750/650 nav database up date able? I realize this question has been asked before. Is there any way possible?Thanks

The Garmin GNS Trainer and GTN Trainer program uses the exact same file format, so if you have one, you can use it for the other.

If you are willing to live with "recently expired" navdata,  it is available in the community, just like recently expired paper charts are available at flight schools for flight sim enthusiasts.. send me a PM if questions..

Bert

Well, as I bought all RealAir Dukes, I´ll get this one. Unfortunately no GTN 750 for me at the moment. Just out of my spending budget. I´ve used the GNS530 in all planes. It´s nice but so complicated. Like someone else said, still feeling utterly hopeless in using it. GTN 750 is with touch screens, right? That should make the interaction way easier than these pesky knobs.

GNS 530 is pretty easy... It won't do airways like the GTN though

Just google GNS 530 tutorial there's a few you tube videos out there.

| FAA ZMP |
| PPL ASEL |
| Windows 11 | MSI Z690 Tomahawk | 12700K 4.7GHz | MSI RTX 4080 | 32GB 5600 MHz DDR5 | 500GB Samsung 860 Evo SSD | 2x 2TB Samsung 970 Evo M.2 | EVGA 850W Gold | Corsair 5000X | HP G2 (VR) / LG 27" 1440p |

As pretty much everyone else has said, go for the newer GTN units as they are the way of the future in regards to compatibility and functionality.

The only reason i'd recommend the 430/530 is because they are more widely used in real GA aircraft than the GTN units at the moment, and would be more of value for training purposes. (eg. I am doing IFR training IRL with twin 430 equipped aircraft).