Sign in to follow this  
ilovetofly

Terrain mesh ?

Several years ago I purchased a lifetime membership with FS GENESIS at a reduced price which I know is no longer valid. At that time I purchased the mesh disks for both FS9 & FSX. I never installed X even though I owned it. I bought the STEAM version today for $5.00 & installed it. I now want to install mesh. So is the FS GENESIS mesh the best way to go or is there something better now.

Also, what about LC? Any suggestions, or UT still top of the line.

Thanks for your input.

Jim D..

Heya Jim, 

I have the FSGenesis stuff, and for the most part it is pretty good for my Orbx Global and Vector products. I understand the Pilot's mesh (which Orbx uses) is the best, but pricey, particularly if you already have Genesis. 

The "full-fat" Orbx regions have all the land class you could possibly want. Depending on where you fly, the new Orbx EU Land Class is really nice.

Some still swear by UTX, but I think Orbx in general gets the nod.

John Howell

Prepar3D V5, Windows 10 Pro, I7-9700K @ 4.6Ghz, EVGA GTX1080, 32GB Corsair Dominator 3200GHz, SanDisk Ultimate Pro 480GB SSD (OS), 2x Samsung 1TB 970 EVO M.2 (P3D), Corsair H80i V2 AIO Cooler, Fulcrum One Yoke, Samsung 34" 3440x1440 curved monitor, Honeycomb Bravo throttle quadrant, Thrustmaster TPR rudder pedals, Thrustmaster T1600M stick 

I use FS GENESIS too and like you I had a Galaxy membership.

I still use all this mesh in fsx and P3d with FTGlobal FTVector FTEurope LC no problem what so ever.

Occasionally  I find plateu on some FSX default airport (airport elevated) but you can fix them with proper tool.

I use FS GENESIS too and like you I had a Galaxy membership.

I still use all this mesh in fsx and P3d with FTGlobal FTVector FTEurope LC no problem what so ever.

Occasionally  I find plateu on some FSX default airport (airport elevated) but you can fix them with proper tool.

What tool?

Thanks for the replies, but are you using Genesis with the STEAM version or with the MS version?

Thanks for clarifying.

Jim D.

Jim, if you copy the contents of the FSG disks to a FSGenesis\scenery folder anywhere on your system you can just add that to your scenery library like any other scenery and you won't need to worry about the installers finding the FSX-SE installation. In that case if you don't like it you can just remove it from the scenery library and delete the folder. You can also add the same scenery area to the libraries in FSX-MS and P3D if you have them installed so you won't need to duplicate the installation (several Gb) for each sim. The FSG installer will put the mesh files in scenery/Base/scenery which makes it a PITA to remove so I'd just cancel out of that when you put the disks in the drive.

Jim

Thanks Jim for the suggestion on installing the files. I'll attempt thi tomorrow as it is late and time for bed.

Jim D.

What tool?

You need to alter that particular airport with a xml to set the proper elevation and set in a higher hierarchy in scenery library.

You need developer tool to do that, check on fsdeveloper forum for further info.

ADEX can help you and it'rs free. www.airportdesigneditor.co.uk

We go on a technical aspect here and this thread is not about airport plateau.