Sign in to follow this  
MrSpeaker

problem with all my pmdg aircraft

Guys I am hoping maybe someone can help me. This all seem to happen after the last update of gsx. If I load a pmdg aircraft. Nothing in the fsx addon menu is selectable. My asn will not connect. My trakir will not work. And my ch yoke and saitek throtle will not function. If I remove the fsuipc dll from my fsx intall everything works again. I have reinstalled simconnect. Fsuipc. My c ++ runtimes and removed all fsdt stuff. No joy. If it's a pmdg aircraft with fsuipc enabled nothing works. Any help. Been struggling with this for a week.

I wonder if your dll.xml has become corrupt.  That seems to me to be the only file that links all the addons you have mentioned.  You can find it at C:\Users\UserName\AppData\Roaming\Microsoft\FSX.  There should be a few backup dll.xml's in that location for you to compare to.

\Robert Hamlich/

Thanks Robert, I will check that out too see if I notice anything. I recall a xml editor, not sure if its here in the library or not.

Whilst there was no apparent defect in the dll.xml format restoring a backup as suggested by Robert fixed similar issues here.

Thanks guys, no joy, same issue, used an old dll.xml did not work, made a new one with a nifty tool from flight1 did not work, loaded a default aircraft first and it did not work either. Been using fsuipc with pmdg  right from 06 and have never seen this issue. Its obvious a problem with fsuipc but Pete is away. Anyways if anyone else has any idea's  please let me know. totally stumped on this one.

Sorry to hear Ian.  Have you run the latest FSDT Addon Manager?  That may fix the issue:

http://www.fsdreamteam.com/products_addonmanager.html

You could uninstall GSX and it should replace the existing dll.xml with a backup that it made.  Failing that you should head over and post at the FSDT forum, maybe Umberto can help you.  

\Robert Hamlich/

Sorry to hear Ian.  Have you run the latest FSDT Addon Manager?  That may fix the issue:

http://www.fsdreamteam.com/products_addonmanager.html

You could uninstall GSX and it should replace the existing dll.xml with a backup that it made.  Failing that you should head over and post at the FSDT forum, maybe Umberto can help you.  

Oh boy after days of scouring the fsuipc forum I found the issue, a corrupted wxstationlist.bin file, Deleted it and everything is fine, that was so nasty.Thanks everyone for the suggestions, that was a real bugger to figure out.

Glad that you found the issue Ian, wonder how the .BIN was corrupted.  Good work on finding the solution.

\Robert Hamlich/