Sign in to follow this  
Propwash

GE View: Google earth viewer for FSX and P3D

Bob,

Thanks for that. What I really see now is the lack of AA when viewing the horizon, especially when banking in FSX.

FYI, I am not using the full downloaded version of GE installed, just the GE plug-in for Chrome. Having the full GE version installed on my computer made no difference so I uninstalled that.

Thanks for the kind words.

I'm not quite sure what you mean by following the changing of the first person view in FSX, but with a little work, it would be possible to look left or right or behind (or any direction) instead of always looking forward.  I worked through all the camera view transforms needed for panning around when I wrote the Google Earth Tour and Track app that's bundled with LOGGER.  You can get an idea if you play the recorded Teton flight (see response #7 above) and use the direction rose in the upper right corner (click and hold the "N" and move it around) to see in any direction.

Also, Robbie completed a beta version of GE View for use with the Oculus Rift Virtual Reality headset.  Wearing that headset while flying Flight Simulator, all I need to do is move my head in any direction to see the Google Earth 3D view.  Very cool.

Bob

That's exactly, Bob! Well, I mean when you move the hat view in joystick, you move the view in the google 3d view in the same manner!

Is it possible to move in real time, as you fly? Sorry, I am very bad about programming or whatever configuration. So, if this changing in view is possible, could you send me the files and tell how to use them?

I really apreciate what you are doing, Congratulations!

hello this

program is excellent

I have managed to get it working using the following web brousers in window 7 home 64bit

-------------------------------------------------------------------

1)  ie8.0  ie11 ( not working Google earth plugin error message!!)  XXXXXXXXXXXXXX !!!!!!!!!!!!!!  :excl:

2)  chrome  ( not working google earth plugin error message !!)     XXXXXXXXXXXXXXXX !!!!!!!!!!   :excl:

3 ) Firefox ( works fine with best sharp graphics slightly slower frame rates)  :rolleyes:

4) opra ( same as firefox ) :rolleyes:

5) qtweb.net       small light web brouser ( faster frame rates but some time graphics don't look as sharp as firefox ??)  :rolleyes:

---------------------------------------------------

I have a few questions

does any one know how to edit the  earth.html file

do achieve the following??

1) set GEVIEW forward window zoom level reduced to 0.5  or 0.3 etc

2) set GEVIEW  airplane altitude above runway to 6ft for small aircraft like c172 

(so looks lower down when lined up on the runway ready for take off)

3)

and finally is there a way to edit a variable to increase communication rate between fsx and geview ( like updating rate) so when you bank pitch etc there isn't a small delay  and this might make the GEVIEW look smoother frame rates when flying across the ground

any help would be greatly appreciated 

thanks

it should make the forward view appear more faster when flying across the ground

Anybody could explain how to edit the dll.xml file?

Thank you.

Use Notepad :), the easiest way ...

Main Simulation Rig:

Ryzen 5600x, 32GB RAM, Nvidia RTX 3060 Ti, 1 TB & 500 GB M.2 nvme drives, Win11.

Glider pilot since 1980...

Avid simmer since 1992...

Sorry, I am noobie on this..

The problem it that Notepad does not create xml files AFAIK.

hi

I look at what might be causing the forward flight to seem slightly jerky motion in the GEVIEW window

and have uninstalled main google earth program

and java

and tried an older version of firefox brouser

this didn't seem to change anything ??  ie make it smoother

so I think it might be the google plugin that allows you to view google earth on a web page causing it 

-----------------------

I cant test this fully as its not possible to download an older version of the plugin

as it always takes you to the google earth web site for installing the latest version

if anyone has an old google earth plugin they could send
like version 1.0 ??

me i be really greatful
my email is

lima1000@computermail.net

update 

when i said edit the earth.html 

i now think its the HttpX.dll  that need to be edited instead

whats the best program for looking at the .dll code

Has anyone been able to use Chrome to launch GoogleEarth with earth.html? I would prefer to use Chrome and not Firefox and others. I wonder if there is either a script edit to earth.html or maybe changing an option/setting in Chrome. I am running P3Dv2.4, Windows 7 (64-bit), and the latest Chrome. I can see with Process Explorer that HttpX.dll is loaded and executing. I am running GoogleEarth.exe  7.1.4.1529

Thanks much

Dave

PC=9700K@5Ghz+RTX2070  VR=HP Reverb|   Software = Windows 10 | Flight SIms = P3D, CAP2, DCS World, IL-2,  Aerofly FS2

The latest update of Chrome has disabled many plug-ins and GE is one of them. 

@propwash & Rob

What a great addition - I can see many areas of the world with great building/tree/bridge detail (try Portland) - perfect for flying in helicopters. Please repost the announcement over in the general P3D section - I just happened to check FSX.

It would be nice to be able to Antialias the image - I don't think that an Nvidia Inspector profile will do it - it might be an option with the GEplugin that could be set with a mod to the earth.html file - not sure. The fully installed application of GoogleEarth, using the flight simulator option, shows standard AntiAliasing and about 30 to 60 fps by itself.

You wonder how the developers of Google Earth get the height information for each 3D object and then use clever algorithms to build nicely edged buildings and somewhat reasonable trees and especially bridges which look like standard 3D models - amazing!

Thanks again for pointing this out - I hope this gets continued development with regard to the interface to FSX/P3D.

Dave

PC=9700K@5Ghz+RTX2070  VR=HP Reverb|   Software = Windows 10 | Flight SIms = P3D, CAP2, DCS World, IL-2,  Aerofly FS2

Notepad is a text editor, xml files are only text files with .xml as the extension.

I just came across this warning from Google:

Note: The Google Earth API has been deprecated as of December 12th, 2014. The API will continue to work on supported browsers until December 12th, 2015, and will shut down on that date.

at this URL - https://developers.google.com/earth/

Does that means that this idea won't work after Dec 15th?

Dave

When you double-click on dll.xml, a warning will be displayed that this is an unknown file type and you can select to chose the program to be used to open it. Select Notepad.

Best regards,

Jim Young | AVSIM Online! - Simming's Premier Resource!

Member, AVSIM Board of Directors - Serving AVSIM since 2001

Submit News to AVSIM
Important other links: Basic FSX Configuration Guide | AVSIM CTD Guide | AVSIM Prepar3D Guide | Help with AVSIM Site | Signature Rules | Screen Shot Rule | AVSIM Terms of Service (ToS)

I7 8086K  5.0GHz | GTX 1080 TI OC Edition | Dell 34" and 24" Monitors | ASUS Maximus X Hero MB Z370 | Samsung M.2 NVMe 500GB and 1TB | Samsung SSD 500GB x2 | Toshiba HDD 1TB | WDC HDD 1TB | Corsair H115i Pro | 16GB DDR4 3600C17 | Windows 10