Sign in to follow this  
KL791

Global AI Ship Traffic FSX and P3D News and Support

Yes, these were done with hard surface on the flat side... but you might need good brakes - as you see they are not exactly horizontal :D

Thank you so much for this wonderful nautical project. I can't begin to imagine the time and skill involved by all the team.

Most of my life I've been around ships and the sea, so now I can virtually sail on.

fdc_pfe_supporter.jpg

I am actually working on it... Greenland and the arctic areas will be in the next update and moving icebergs are not that difficult at all... this is from a test from Greenland

Many thanks for this add on i enjoy it a lot. I like the ships with chopper pads on ´em like the one you just showed. Perfect!!!

Greetz

MJ

My youtube blog________________________Prepar3D v2.5/v3

youtubefooter.jpg

This is simply amazing.  I'm really hoping to see some ships on the Great Lakes sometime.

Thanks Again,

Rob

I am really glad to see that this project is gaining the widespread exposure it truely deserves!

I have been using Henrik and team's Ai ships for quite a while, and it makes a huge difference to the immersion level when flying over water to see these detailed ships.

Having moving icebergs will be a real treat!

Looking forward to adding the latest download for even more boat traffic!

Thanks!

Bill

No offense taken :lol: It is nice that there has been so much attention on the project in different topics - but I just wanted to make sure that everybody gets credit as this has far from been a single-person project.

I just read this post, and therefore, wish to thank each person as an individual, who is responsible for bringing my seas and coasts to life.  I flew out on my first ship 'rubber-necking' flight in a helo yesterday after fully installing all your file links, and in the order that you recommended, in both FSX-MS and P3D 2.4.  Simply wonderful....and also the fact that they (the ships) are able to be landed upon for mission-specific exercises.  I took a hitch-hike aboard a tanker, from out to sea, to under the Golden Gate Bridge, and into the Bay, proper.  What fun was that, to feel like I was on that ship and watching all the ORBX action around me, full out.

Sincerely thank you to each person on the team and all of your generosity regarding this.  Have a most Happy and prosperous New Year to all!

Mitch

A very interesting project. The boats are compatible with DX10?

Yes they very much are. I am running them in:

FSX-MS,DX10 via Steve's Fixer v2.6, DSR 2.0/1smoothness..and they don't affect frame rates with ships and ferries at 100 percent on the slider.

-------------

P3D v2.4/DX11, DSR 2.0/1smoothness..and they don't affect frame rates with ships at 100 percent on the slider.

This is simply amazing.  I'm really hoping to see some ships on the Great Lakes sometime.

Thanks Again,

Rob

Me too!  That would be simply fantastic!!!!

Thank you very much to all involved in this fantastic add-on. With things like ASN and FTX Global, it is the icing on the cake in creating a totally immersed world to fly in.

Ian S

38.jpg

Thanks for the all the nice feedback... The option of taking a ride into port exists in many places... Here it is Navios Bonheur entering Rio de Janeiro at dawn - 08:15 GMT and 06:15 local during the Brazilian summer months.

15010412352816112912845466.jpg

15010412352616112912845465.jpg

15010412352416112912845464.jpg

Regards to the Great Lakes - I will give it a thought - I found a couple of potential models, so it could maybe become part of the next update if time allows.

Regards to the Great Lakes - I will give it a thought - I found a couple of potential models, so it could maybe become part of the next update if time allows.

-------------------------

That would be really great.  The largest bodies of fresh water in the world...and devoid of marine animation.....ouch!

Thank you for considering this.  Ship traffic happens along the Detroit River between lakes Erie, and St. Clair on a regular basis, both upriver and down.  Same for the Sarnia River between Lake St. Clair and Lake Huron!!!  ^_^

This commercial marine traffic lane..is one of the busiest lanes in the entire world...and would be great by you, to be considered as you route it out.

All the routes are set to 5% so if you set ships and ferries at 10% you will get everything.

All the routes are set to 5% so if you set ships and ferries at 10% you will get everything.

So there is no need to go past 10% at all?  No benefit if you are using your files?  

If so...then I will set the slider to 10 % and leave it there for both FSX:MS and P3D v2.4 if that is the case. I'll await your confirmation. Thanks!

Yes, that is correct - increasing above 10 % you will get a bunch of rather ugly and unrealistic FSX ferries - some of the default will be sailing e.g. in Norway and on the North Sea sailing on routes where I have put the real thing:

14051309454916112912235179.jpg

14051309484116112912235184.jpg