Sign in to follow this  
KL791

Global AI Ship Traffic FSX and P3D News and Support

And well - Jean-Pierre and I have discussed the Great Lakes - combining forces we might manage, looking through diverse links and checking todays actual traffic on www.marinetraffic.com we do actually have some relevant models, but we will also need to go back to the shipyard... and time is scarce and holidays over, so no promises.

Interesting, I flew with Jean Pierre a couple of years ago to visit an island for one of his scenery. Always willing to do it again if some pictures of port are needed. I am also working on revising one of my old scenery for the raw material terminal of Quebec port..... Its frequently visited by Fednav, Canada Steamship Line and several others.

Pierre

P3D when its freezing in Quebec....well, that's most of the time...
C-GDXL based at CYQB for real flying when its warming up...

Hi Henrik and Co.,

thanks a lot for so many nice vessels and the traffic for them. That makes the FS much more realistic. It's really fun to look for vessels where I can land my chopper.

Awesome work that the whole team did.

Spirit

Hi Diigg

The images of the bulk carrier Navios Bonheur were done in FSX - the images of the ferries Bergensfjord and Romsdalsfjord were done in P3D. The big advantage of P3D regards to ship models is the nicer display of shadows and the wave animation, but the disadvantage is a least for the moment a less good display of wakes. But hopefully we will soon have a solution for that.

More than 90 % of the ships are designed with only two drawcalls and all comments I have got are that they are very light on FPS - there is a few specific models which are more heavy on the system e.g. the French frigate D640, but I have not put them in potentially busy areas like close to major airports or city sceneries. I run FSX and P3D on a laptop and personally I have no impact of the ships.

See also the comment from Sesquashtoo on the previous page.

Thanks Henrik, installed the latest package today and I haven't noticed anything degrading performance.

Cheers,

23.png

With all this talk of the great lakes, I sure don't want to be around the Edmond Fitzgerald with my chopper...

LOL

-Stampee

A one-in-all installer would be great, and with boxes where you can tick or untick which areas you wanna have installed.

Jorn Lundtoft

I don't always stop and look at airplanes.........Oh wait, Yes I do.

Intel I7-13700F, 32GB Fury DDR5 - 6000, Kingston 1TB NVMe PCIe 4.0 SSD, Asus Geforce RTX 4070 TI 12GB, Kingston 2TB M2 NVMe SSD, Corsair 750W PCU, Windows 11

I installed only the mandatory packages so far, thanks a lot for your effort!

Since i am mostly flying around Italy, is there another package you would suggest that is going to increase the ship traffic around italian harbours?

Chock 1.1: "The only thing that whines louder than a jet engine is a flight simmer."

With all this talk of the great lakes, I sure don't want to be around the Edmond Fitzgerald with my chopper...

LOL

-Stampee

You don't have to worry....it's hundred's of feet below you....air, and water.   Just don't add your chopper to the mix....  :wacko:

Very cool indeed. But is a one-in-all-installer possible or am I missing something?

It's easy...just go the first post, by the O.P.   There you will find all the files associated to date, with this A.I. Ships project.  He has placed the list exactly as you should install the links, from the first (top), to the last (bottom). In each .zip file, you find a READMEFIRST file, with all the install instructions for that .zip.  Do that....and in about 45-60 minutes, give or take a coffee-sip, you should have it all installed. The directions are VERY easy to follow.  Just take your time, and if you have P3D, also place each link (from top to bottom in the O.P.) also into that sim.  After each full install of these files (top  to bottom), I suggest you fire up the sims you placed them into, and let it take you to the runway or airport. Don't do anything more....close the sim, so it will write to all the scenery files. Then fire it up once more and enjoy yourself. I suggest for a first rubber-neck flight, that you take a chopper from Oakland, California, out over the San Francisco Bay..and then out over the Golden Gate Bridge, into the open Pacific Ocean. BOY...are you in for some eye candy.  Hover low over each model, and enjoy the detail of the each of them. Then, (if you have the flying skill...:)   ) land on a tanker coming towards the Golden Gate, and shut the rotors down.  Enjoy the hitch-hike right under the Golden Gate. What a blast...for your first A.I. Ship view-fest.  You, my friend, are good to go...and the seas become alive....

Set your Ships and Ferries slider to 10% (This is recommended by the O.P. and will garner you all the ship routes and models, without any FSX/P3D stock models and fake routes as well).

Once more...thanks to the O.P. and the entire 'crew' responsible for this   This is wonderful!

Uh...SO looking forward to seeing action finally, after all these years, upon the entire Seaway from the mouth of the St. Lawrence River, at the Atlantic Ocean, to ports-of-call, as far north, as to Lake Superior.  My gawd...that would be so great to see.....(crossing fingers...).

Ses

Regards to Italy... I know the traffic is a little low at least on the Adriatic side... If you have all the packages installed then there are two options... Do your own routes with AIBTC - it is not that complicated and you can decompile one of my files and use as base file - if you chose a weekly route you will immediately be able have 42 ships on one single route and then you almost just have to trace a 2350 miles long path in Google Earth change a few file names and compile - it isn't that difficult and there is a decent instruction for AIBTC. Or you can wait - I might add a bit more in a future route update. That would not take me ten minutes... 

Regards to installers... I have no experience with installers and will not venture into that... If somebody with strong skills in doing installers read this, then I am open to collaborate - but first after the last package is published. For the moment you will have to live with the fact that it takes maybe an hour to download and install everything, but it is free...

And Ses; thanks for your support - that merits that we do at least one extra ship for the Great Lakes... :lol:

Regards to the Great Lakes - I will give it a thought - I found a couple of potential models, so it could maybe become part of the next update if time allows.

I would enjoy this too! I'm living in Duluth, MN now and we love to watch the ships come and go - many international as well

| FAA ZMP |
| PPL ASEL |
| Windows 11 | MSI Z690 Tomahawk | 12700K 4.7GHz | MSI RTX 4080 | 32GB 5600 MHz DDR5 | 500GB Samsung 860 Evo SSD | 2x 2TB Samsung 970 Evo M.2 | EVGA 850W Gold | Corsair 5000X | HP G2 (VR) / LG 27" 1440p |

And Ses; thanks for your support - that merits that we do at least one extra ship for the Great Lakes...

" Henrik, may you live ten thousand years....,in health...and RICH!"    :Applause:

Ses

Henrik, do you have any experience with X-Plane and know if it's possible to convert the AI ship traffic to that platform?

Jorn Lundtoft

I don't always stop and look at airplanes.........Oh wait, Yes I do.

Intel I7-13700F, 32GB Fury DDR5 - 6000, Kingston 1TB NVMe PCIe 4.0 SSD, Asus Geforce RTX 4070 TI 12GB, Kingston 2TB M2 NVMe SSD, Corsair 750W PCU, Windows 11