Sign in to follow this  
KL791

Global AI Ship Traffic FSX and P3D News and Support

I have no experience with X-Plane but I know some of my models have been converted to Vehicle Simulator with out problems and I guess they can also be converted to X-Plane - but observe that the mdl files are of different origin - some of the designers use Blender, some 3DS Max and I use GMAX - so it might differ from model to model. And please before experimenting read the copyright notice! Not all the authors want to see their models altered.

I almost jumped out of my pants seeing Hurtigruten steaming toward the port in Ålesund, Norway today :). Really bringing life to the sim. Many thanks!

Regards to Italy... I know the traffic is a little low at least on the Adriatic side... If you have all the packages installed then there are two options... Do your own routes with AIBTC - it is not that complicated and you can decompile one of my files and use as base file - if you chose a weekly route you will immediately be able have 42 ships on one single route and then you almost just have to trace a 2350 miles long path in Google Earth change a few file names and compile - it isn't that difficult and there is a decent instruction for AIBTC. Or you can wait - I might add a bit more in a future route update. That would not take me ten minutes... 

Silly me, i had ICE traffic activated which used fs9 traffic files so ships were not showing up yet xD I only saw the default ones around Rotterdam and they were part of the scenery :)

Now everything is fixed and the amount of ship, at least around the main ports seems nice enough :) So take your time ^_^ There is no hurry

Chock 1.1: "The only thing that whines louder than a jet engine is a flight simmer."

I hope I installed this right. I did install each of the packs except for the p3d one. However many times when adding effects I had to overwrite quite a number of files. Is that supposed to happen? Anyway after all the installing was done I did see a ton of ships so that was awesome!!! Great job on that!! 

Remember, these installers have to stand on their own (except for the patches), so they might have the same files as others in that list. I think that's why one should install them in the order listed in the first thread. That way, any older versions of duplicate files will get overwritten with the newest version.

Remember, these installers have to stand on their own (except for the patches), so they might have the same files as others in that list. I think that's why one should install them in the order listed in the first thread. That way, any older versions of duplicate files will get overwritten with the newest version.

That's the way that I figured Hendrik wanted it to go...as this project is/was a progression. evolving over time.

Once again thanks for supporting me in the support forum - long day at work so not chance to respond, but yes - it is correct that there is a lot of overwriting - when I did the first routes I only had 63 ships of a limited number of types - now I redo these routes with a much more diverse set of ships and more individually adjusted to the areas so the traffic becomes more real.

Below one of the ships which are new on the routes in South America - the Cap San Nicolas - the largest containership to serve South American ports at the moment.

15010709304916112912857737.gif

and traffic near Buenos Aires

15010710112516112912857817.jpg

Just want to be certain about something. I downloaded only the files with the triple asterisks, plus the p3d specific file. Is that correct?

Just want to be certain about something. I downloaded only the files with the triple asterisks, plus the p3d specific file. Is that correct?

Yep. I did the same and everything is good :) And don't worry if some files are overwritten when you extract those archives

Chock 1.1: "The only thing that whines louder than a jet engine is a flight simmer."

With regards to the Great Lakes, there is a LOT more traffic in the summer months, especially on Lake Michigan.  Marinetraffic.com makes it look pretty slow currently.  A lot of the harbors ice over this time of year.  Last year, almost all of Lake Superior froze over.  Thanks a million for considering the Great Lakes.

Regards,

Rob

I was actually wondering about that - also because I did not see any foreign ships at all when I looked at marinetraffic.com the other day, but I did find pictures of ocean going ships in e.g. Burns Harbor - to be able to add some of the ocean going ship types eases the development of routes and creates more variety.

With regards to the Great Lakes, there is a LOT more traffic in the summer months, especially on Lake Michigan.  Marinetraffic.com makes it look pretty slow currently.  A lot of the harbors ice over this time of year.  Last year, almost all of Lake Superior froze over.  Thanks a million for considering the Great Lakes.

Regards,

Rob

Just wanted to add to the "pressure" for the Great Lakes and St Lawrence Seaway joining the Atlantic and NA East coast.

Great work and much appreciated indeed!

Rick

Absolutely no pressure needed on the next expansion to this! I am still exploring and taking pics of all the ship traffic and have yet to see it all!

Computer Specs: i5-4690K 3.5 GHz overclocked to 4.0GHz / MSI GTX 960 4GB Video Card / 16GB Kingston HyperX Fury 1866MHz DDR3 System RAM / MSI Z97-G45 Motherboard / Crucial MX200 500GB mSATA SSD

Fantastic, thanks so much for this great addon, rebuilding my system and this will be a great addition...

Cheers

Martin

I was actually wondering about that - also because I did not see any foreign ships at all when I looked at marinetraffic.com the other day, but I did find pictures of ocean going ships in e.g. Burns Harbor - to be able to add some of the ocean going ship types eases the development of routes and creates more variety.

Part of the seaway close to ships in winter. Some still navigate up to montreal but each year In january, february, I witnesses ships stuck in the ice that had to be rescued by coast guard icebreaker in front of Quebec.

http://www.greatlakes-seaway.com/en/pdf/navigation/notice20141119.pdf

Pierre

P3D when its freezing in Quebec....well, that's most of the time...
C-GDXL based at CYQB for real flying when its warming up...