Sign in to follow this  
KL791

Global AI Ship Traffic FSX and P3D News and Support

A truly outstanding addon! Or rather, collection of addons. After downloading and installing the packages (which was easier than expected) I did a couple of flights in the Mediterranean and it was simply amazing to see all those ships out there. I had always considered flying across the sea to be exceedingly boring. Well, not anymore! Thanks so much to everyone involved in this project.

OK...the question is burning a whole in me. Flight Ontario did the Welland Canal as part of its greater Toronto scenery. It was written for FS9.

Currently the Welland Canal in both FSX and P3D looks like a partially dried up stream running through a canyon. That would probably be due to the fact that the land rises due to the escarpment, but the sim doesn't know the water does as well. Even the good folks at Orbx gave it short shrift in Vector.

It would probably be too much to ask some talented scenery artist to create a proper canal. But would it be possible to port the canal portion of the scenery to FSX/P3D? It would be a shame if themakers of this amazing ship AI program had nowhere to put the vessels.

I was actually wondering about that - also because I did not see any foreign ships at all when I looked at marinetraffic.com the other day, but I did find pictures of ocean going ships in e.g. Burns Harbor - to be able to add some of the ocean going ship types eases the development of routes and creates more variety.

Henrik, the shipping season starts in  April and goes on through November.  On the Detroit River that connects Lake Erie, to Lake St. Clair, it is most usual in June, to see a ship pass where you are viewing every 30 minutes...it is THAT busy!   I'd love to see your ships travel up the Sarnia River that connects Lake St. Clair, to Lake Huron...as that would take them under the Blue Water Bridge that separates Michigan, U.S. and Ontario, Canada.  As you can see...the Seaway from the Atlantic, right up through Lake Superior is the demarcation for two great nations...and you have a LOT..no...TONS....of flight sim users that call home to each side of it....

No pressure, of course....no...ah..er....'Great Lakes' pressure....nah..... :P

Hi Henrik,

is there anywhere a complete catalouge of all ship models and textures with their filenames existing?

Grüße / Greetings

aus / from Hamburg (the most beautiful city in the world) grin.gif

Manfred

SimDocks-Logo-dark-grey200px.png

Well, yes... there is such a list on my PC in an excel file... I will see if I can add it in the next update.

Well, yes... there is such a list on my PC in an excel file... I will see if I can add it in the next update.

Hi Henrik,

too late! :lol:

Since I want to intensify the ship traffic on the river Elbe and the Weser, I have a catalog with all models (pictures) and file names created (almost finished), so I know which file is which ship.

It will thus comprise about 230 pages with 3 ships each page.

I'll send it to you as a PDF when it is complete (about 2-3 hrs.) :wink:

Grüße / Greetings

Manfred

That is fantastic!!! I look forward to that and probably others would like to see it will also make it easier for others to create their own routes, so I hope it can be shared :)

That is fantastic!!! I look forward to that and probably others would like to see it will also make it easier for others to create their own routes, so I hope it can be shared :)

Of course!!!!

Grüße / Greetings

Manfred

Sadly the people behind FS2000.org has once again stolen one of my packages and uploaded it on their website against the guidelines in the copyright. I do not put the full link to their website as it is not a community website but a purely commercial website, which lives from clicks and advertising income without contributing anything to the community. They drive the clicks with freeware uploaded without the accept of the authors and I warn everybody about downloading from their website or even purchasing from their so-called  "shop". Ultimately sites like fs2000.org kills the possibility of creating and sharing freeware.

The opposite is the case with www.flightsimnorway.com - a Norwegian site which focuses solely on creating an overview of add-ons for Norway. Ole who created that site has made the most beautiful collection of screenshots and a guide to Norwegian add-ons - you can also find a fantastic collection of screenshots of the ships included in the AI Ships and AI Ship Traffic project on that site - and some of my files relevant to Norway. If you are interested in flying in Norway I recommend you to visit www.flighsimnorway.com.

Yep. I did the same and everything is good :) And don't worry if some files are overwritten when you extract those archives

Thanks

Well, time to continue the work... I just finalized a static Library which can be used by scenery designers, but also includes placement of static ships near some major harbors and also in some of the Norwegian ports. Maybe it will be online later today or tomorrow.

Next up the Great Lakes...

Next up the Great Lakes..

---------------------------------------------------------

"There will be dancin.....dancin....in the streets!" :dance: 

Thank you, Hendrik!

Hello I installed like recommend all packages but I have zero ai ship :(

The setting is at 10%.

I use Traffic Optimizer to look how many boats there are, but always zero. I tested in Istanbul, Hamburg and New York...

I use P3D.

Do you have WOAI, MAIW or IceTraffic installed? They are all FS9 format and should be formated´to FSX format with e.g. AIFP - the presence of FS9 traffic files kills FSX traffic also in P3D.