Sign in to follow this  
KL791

Global AI Ship Traffic FSX and P3D News and Support

Well, time to continue the work... I just finalized a static Library which can be used by scenery designers, but also includes placement of static ships near some major harbors and also in some of the Norwegian ports. Maybe it will be online later today or tomorrow.

Next up the Great Lakes...

Thanks

Well, time to continue the work... I just finalized a static Library which can be used by scenery designers, but also includes placement of static ships near some major harbors and also in some of the Norwegian ports. Maybe it will be online later today or tomorrow.

Next up the Great Lakes...

Great news. Very interested in the static library. Your work inspired me to revisit my old scenery for The east part of Quebec Harbour. A few ships from Desgagné, Canadian steamship line or Fednav would fit nicely there as those are frequent visitors. I guess Jean Pierre have done some of them already.

Pierre

P3D when its freezing in Quebec....well, that's most of the time...
C-GDXL based at CYQB for real flying when its warming up...

All the routes are set to 5% so if you set ships and ferries at 10% you will get everything.

I like this project. Although I fly airliners, so I bit high usually to see a lot, there are many airports near enough to docks that it makes approaches and departures quite interesting.

One question, does anyone know of any scenery which adds docks to Liverpool, UK? I just went there and saw a tanker cruising down the Mersey estuary, but without docks where are the cargo ships and ferries going to go and come?

Is there anything FSX-compatible out there?

Pete

Win10: 22H2 19045.2728
CPU: 9900KS at 5.5GHz
Memory: 32Gb at 3800 MHz.
GPU:  RTX 24Gb Titan
2 x 2160p projectors at 25Hz onto 200 FOV curved screen

Hi Pete,

Good question - I was looking for the same...

And then to those fans of the Great Lakes - the work has started to get a few local ships ready - first up "Indiana Harbor" and "Burns Harbor" which after some hours are progressing nicely - it has been difficult to find drawings but loads of pictures are available and of course Google Earth revealed them from above, so the hull shape could be done  B)

Below a very early picture from the shipyard...

15011105375016112912866540.jpg

Wow!!  That looks amazing.  Here's a very helpful site that is just focused on the ships of the Great Lakes.  Click on the "Photo Galleries" tab for loads of pictures, stats, and info on each ship.

www.boatnerd.com

My personal favorite ships are the Michipicoten, Roger Blough, and the Stewart J Cort.
  There are also some interesting ferries on the great lakes such as the Badger.

Best Regards,

Rob

Great. man i love that pack :) But unfortunately i have trouble with some boats not showing effects :(

Greetz

MJ

My youtube blog________________________Prepar3D v2.5/v3

youtubefooter.jpg

Wow!!  That looks amazing.  Here's a very helpful site that is just focused on the ships of the Great Lakes.  Click on the "Photo Galleries" tab for loads of pictures, stats, and info on each ship.

www.boatnerd.com

My personal favorite ships are the Michipicoten, Roger Blough, and the Stewart J Cort.

There are also some interesting ferries on the great lakes such as the Badger.

Best Regards,

Rob

Thanks for that site,If you look under tugboats,my uncles tug is in there,The Boomalong.

Jim Driscoll, MSI Raider GE76 12UHS-607 17.3" Gaming Laptop Computer - Blue Intel Core i9 12th Gen 12900HK 1.8GHz Processor; NVIDIA GeForce RTX 3080 Ti 16GB GDDR6; 64GB DDR5-4800 RAM; Dual M2 2TB Solid State Drives.Driving a Sony KD-50X75, and KDL-48R470B @ 4k 3724x2094,MSFS 2020, 30 FPS on Ultra Settings.

Jorg/Asobo: “Weather is a core part of our simulator, and we will strive to make it as accurate as possible.”Also Jorg/Asobo: “We are going to limit the weather API to rain intensity only.”

Nice little tugboat - if you have the drawings she could maybe get to sail in FSX...

So far the slightly bigger Indiana Harbor is getting near completion as the first of the Great Lakes vessels

15011510431516112912878318.jpg

Looks great!  It's amazing how big those ships are.  I also love the lakers where the bridge is up towards the bow.  They just always seemed unique to me.

Cheers,

Rob

You guys are the best. Thanks.

A nice self unloader taking shape... Thanks for the hard work...

Pierre

P3D when its freezing in Quebec....well, that's most of the time...
C-GDXL based at CYQB for real flying when its warming up...

I was flying around Honolulu as well as Friday Harbor (PNW) last night....the AI ships make -such- a huge difference in immersion....that coupled with the rain effects from precipitfx and the new stability of fsx:se --> awesome!

great to hear that the ships also work in fsx:se - I did not try that - does it also work in multiplayer mode???

Slowly advancing with the ships for the Great Lakes... Indiana Harbor has left the yard and entered P3D...

15011711050416112912884580.jpg

15011711045316112912884579.jpg