Sign in to follow this  
KL791

Global AI Ship Traffic FSX and P3D News and Support

Tremendous, thank you again!

Martin Parr

Retired professional yacht skipper for vessels up to 46m

System: Omen 30L GT13-0054na Gaming PC; Windows 10 Home  64-bit OS; Intel Core i9-10900K CPU @ 3.7GHz; RAM 32GB; Samsung S34J55x Monitor 3440x1440 @75 Hz Resolution; NVIDIA GeForce RTX 2080 Ti. MSFS P/D; TM Pendular Rudder Pedals, TM Warthog Hortas Throttle/Joystick Combo.

Don't forget to do the KML files for all the ships routes in Google Earth, old and new PLEASE.

Carl

Hi KL - Quick question, i have some AI shipping files that cover the Seattle & Alaska areas.  I'm not 100% sure of the creator(s) and can't look at it since I'm at work.  I believe one of them is a Misty Moorings package which Holger Sandmann worked on. And if I'm not mistaken some of your ships are included in these packages.  I just wanted to know if, with the very vague information I gave you, you can tell if that AI traffic will conflict with Global AI.?  If the info is too vague, don't worry about it, I'll check myself this evening when I get home.  I installed Global last night and just have not had a chance to see it in action.  

Thanks for the exceptional work you and the other contributors did on this project, it is awesome.

Richard

Hey Henrik,

I thought I'd let you know I'm still pursuing drawings/plans for the US Coast Guard "Bay Class" icebreakers.

If/when I get them I'll send them to you for some future update to the Great Lakes traffic.

Joe

Schnelle Autos, schöne Frauen und deutsches Bier !

"Artificial Intelligence is no match for natural stupidity."

Hi Joe,

Sounds good! I got a Canadian Icebreaker from Jean-Pierre, but the USCG is a nice little one.

Richard,

The Misty Morings project which I also delivered ships to does cover some of the same areas. So will there be incompability??? Good question... AI ships in FSX does get out of the way for each other so in principle even if routes cross it should not give a big issue - in some cases you could however see that the ships interfere even when passing each other at a distance - it doesn't look too good, but it will only happen occasionally and I have tried to place routes to minimize the risk.

Further all Misty routes are set to 10 % and my routes to 5 % in traffic settings, so if you fly in an area with too dense traffic just reduce the Ships and Ferries to 5 % and you should be fine.

The way the routes for Misty are done is fundamentally different than the way I did the Global AI routes.

In Misty each route holds one ship; the routes are relatively short and precisely placed. The advantage is that there is no interference between ships; no risk of collisions. The disadvantage is that in each area you will only see one ship. When you fly over the same place next time you will find the same ship. In some places e.g. the Strait of San Juan the lack of ships on each route is compensated by putting several parallel routes but still only a few ships will be found and always the same.

In the Global AI routes many routes are 2300 miles long or even 4600 miles long. Each route has up to 42 different ships. This is combined with some shorter routes of 320 miles with 6 to 12 ships and some 160 to 320 miles routes with large ships sailing alone on a route plus short precise routes for selected ferries. The advantage is that during a one or two week rotation period you will never find the same combination of ships so you have much more too look at. Also the collection of ships to pick from in Global AI is much larger - more than 500 different ships compared to 50 - 60 in Misty. The disadvantage is that ships meet and have to avoid each other and that looks especially for the larger ships not too good.

Personnally I prefer the second visually due to the diversity. Further this is the only way to do a truely global traffic package which among freeware projects can only be compared with WOAI. To do short individual routes all over the world would be impossible to handle.

I will prepare the Beta test package this weekend, so then we will see... I think the Global AI and Misty can live together. For those who are interested in the Beta package please send me a PM stating what scenery you use for North America and which area you will like to test - for one person or even a small group to test everything is impossible, but more eyes will reduce the risk of bigger problems.

Thnx for the response KL791, much appreciated!! I can't wait to get home and take a look in the sim tonight.  Again, thnx for a spectacular contribution to our hobby!!

Richard

Not sure if it's a problem with the install on my P3D but the "manilla express" cargo ship is always just sitting idle at norfolk VA ( default area for P3D) all the other ships are moving along nicely.

Hello Hendrik,

got a question to you... Now that P3D2 went officially SLI there are reports of artefacts when passing by or approaching boats see the vid by Rob Aincough here 

Now that im using your stunning package including the wake fix i recal that i didnt see any any artefacts. Do you run an SLI system yourself if so do you see these artefacts?

Greetz

MJ

My youtube blog________________________Prepar3D v2.5/v3

youtubefooter.jpg

Hi,

I do not run SLI so I can't tell...

Slayer, some of the ships sit up to three hours, but I will have a look... Below a few images from todays test flight over Alaska near Valdez all from P3Dv2.5 and including the German cruise ship Deutschland, which have been the scene for the German tv-serie Das Traumschiff...

15052412180916112913292504.jpg

15052412180816112913292503.jpg

15052412180716112913292502.jpg

15052412180516112913292501.jpg

15052412175916112913292497.jpg

15052412180216112913292499.jpg

15052412180016112913292498.jpg

15052412175816112913292496.jpg

Just came back from a week's vacation near Jack Edwards airport (KJKA) at Gulf Shores, Alabama, U.S.

I thought to cruise down the coast where our condo was...(Orange Beach, Alabama)...and discovered a whole slew of ship activity out in the Gulf.  Quite a few oil rigs as well.

I highly recommend starting out from KJKA, and then head down the coast a bit towards Pensacola, Fl...and you will see this beautiful part of Sweet Home Alabama...and why, even in simulation, people from Georgia, Tennessee, Kentucky, etc...flock all down there for the Memorial Day Weekend! :) Book out, over the Gulf, about 5 miles south of Jack Edwards, and catch all the ship traffic and different oil rigs depicted. Happy flyin', y'all!

FSX:MS

2015-5-24_10-6-44-250.png

2015-5-24_10-13-26-333.png

alam2.png

alam1.png

Decided to this holiday weekend to install the packages but I must have done it incorrect.  I installed all of them and then installed all the updates and fixes.  I don't believe I followed your new first post sticky.  As I am seeing some weird results in P3Dv2.5. 

I was pleasantly surprised by the amount of ship activity in Southern California.  Seeing long caravans of the same ships, or bunched up like a star shaped with their bows pointing outward and the wakes look like their textures are fighting with the water.   FYI - This is not with the new Nvidia SLI drivers.  I was gonna post a few screenies but I see you have to set u0p link these days here - no longer can directly upload so I'll pass on that. 

I will re-install following your list but with such a long list you can see how easily the typical simmer (or dummy like me), can screw up the install.  One overall package would help... then if you add more packages maybe some sort of simple numbering system, (ie; 1,2,3, etc), at the beginning of the file name so it easy to follow the proper procedure.

But what I saw looks awesome!  Thank you again for your contribution. 

Have a relaxing Memorial Day holiday to my fellow US simmers,... "less we forget".

Clutch

Intel i9-12900KF, Asus Prime Z690-A MB, 64GB DDR5 6000 RAM, (3) SK hynix M.2 SSD (2TB ea.), 16TB Seagate HDD, EVGA GeForce 3080 Ti, Corsair iCUE H70i AIO Liquid Cooler, UHD/Blu-ray Player/Burner (still have lots of CDs, DVDs!)  Windows 10, (hold off for now on Win11),  EVGA 1300W PSU
Netgear 1Gbps modem & router, (3) 27" 1440 wrap-around displays
Full array of Saitek and GoFlight hardware for the cockpit

Cannot wait for this new pack to be released!!! It looks stellar!

Computer Specs: i5-4690K 3.5 GHz overclocked to 4.0GHz / MSI GTX 960 4GB Video Card / 16GB Kingston HyperX Fury 1866MHz DDR3 System RAM / MSI Z97-G45 Motherboard / Crucial MX200 500GB mSATA SSD

Hello Hendrick!

Nice work!

For those who us who already have the all of the previous versions installed, can we just download and install over them?

Also, are all the files needed for the update?

Thanks so much to you and your team for terrific work!

Dave Hodges

System Specs:  I9-13900KF, NVIDIA 4070TI, Quest 3, Multiple Displays, Lots of TERRIFIC friends, 3 cats, and a wonderfully stubborn wife.

Hi Dave... Once the update is out and now we talk days it will just add to the others and overwrite a few files. For those who have everything installed it will be a five minutes installation.

Ha.... nice to hear.  I'll just wait for the update.

Intel i9-12900KF, Asus Prime Z690-A MB, 64GB DDR5 6000 RAM, (3) SK hynix M.2 SSD (2TB ea.), 16TB Seagate HDD, EVGA GeForce 3080 Ti, Corsair iCUE H70i AIO Liquid Cooler, UHD/Blu-ray Player/Burner (still have lots of CDs, DVDs!)  Windows 10, (hold off for now on Win11),  EVGA 1300W PSU
Netgear 1Gbps modem & router, (3) 27" 1440 wrap-around displays
Full array of Saitek and GoFlight hardware for the cockpit