Sign in to follow this  
KL791

Global AI Ship Traffic FSX and P3D News and Support

Hi Pilots,

there is a new website for the marine AI traffic available.

The site is reachable at www.SimDocks.de. Website and Forum are in German and English language and via translation button (the small flags in the top area) in 11 additional languages.

SimDocks-Logo-dark-grey.png

Grüße / Greetings

aus / from Hamburg (the most beautiful city in the world) grin.gif

Manfred

SimDocks-Logo-dark-grey200px.png

Hi Pilots,

there is a new website for the marine AI traffic available.

The site is reachable at www.SimDocks.de. Website and Forum are in German and English language and via translation button (the small flags in the top area) in 11 additional languages.

SimDocks-Logo-dark-grey.png

Very nice site....thank you!  

A first...a sub...wow!

Mitch

I take it, that if you already have everything installed, OTHER than the 80 new ships file...that is the only file you need to download and install, right?

Yes, that is correct, the new file 80 AI Ships and AI Ship Traffic just goes on top of the rest; you have to accept overwriting a number of traffic.bgl's - that is it.

Yes, that is correct, the new file 80 AI Ships and AI Ship Traffic just goes on top of the rest; you have to accept overwriting a number of traffic.bgl's - that is it.

Henrik..that is what I thought...and that's what I did..only downloaded the 80 AI, and WOW...WOW...ship traffic now out of Alaska!  That brought alive, the entire scene near Misty Fjords.  I haven't had the time (hopefully tonight) to fully explore this new file and its areas of operation,...but for the few areas that I have seen...to you and all...thank you SO MUCH!  This was the true under-developed frontier for flight simulation fans...and now, no more dead and sterile seas, lakes, and rivers.  Again, thank you so much! An incredible vision and project.

Mitch

Tusen takk for at sjø og hav ble langt mer realistisk til deg Henry og resten av teamet :smile:  ( I was saying thank you to Henry and the team on norwegian about this add-ons where sea really comes to life) :smile:

Selv tak :lol: With ORBX and all the fantastic freeware from Norway + the ships I think Norway is becoming one of the nicest places to fly.

This looks marvelous! 

Should I erase FSX's default Ship AI Traffic? 

This looks marvelous! 

Should I erase FSX's default Ship AI Traffic? 

Don't erase anything...just set your SHIPS to 10 percent, and you are good to go.  Default won't show up...but all your new traffic will.

Just thought I would chime in to say a big THANK YOU with this upgrade for P3D.  After installing the many files in the past I was seeing issues with my wakes and ships bunching up into a star shape?  All pointing outwards.

Figured I would have to take time to clean up my mess to make ready for this new upgrade.  SO I just copied over everything and in my first visit with AI ships... WoW!  Appears the upgrade fixed all my issues.  I saw no less than a half dozen ships off the coast of San Diego, California.  And from what I was to think, this area was not even on the radar for your AI ships. 

But I caught my first ship steaming (yes, smoke bellowing out), of Coronado Bay and a tanker at San Diego terminal.  I was giddy!

Tell me, I see an aircraft carrier entering port .  I see no markings (USS Midway?), and was wondering if that is one of your ships or an P3D default?   Only reason I ask is because the vehicles on it are floating around a 100 feet or so above the deck, ha! 

Also want to mention how nice the User's Manual is.  Usually created as an afterthought by many developers but I can you (and your team), put thought and effort into that.  A big plus.

All-n-all a superb add-on.

Happy 4th,

Clutch

Intel i9-12900KF, Asus Prime Z690-A MB, 64GB DDR5 6000 RAM, (3) SK hynix M.2 SSD (2TB ea.), 16TB Seagate HDD, EVGA GeForce 3080 Ti, Corsair iCUE H70i AIO Liquid Cooler, UHD/Blu-ray Player/Burner (still have lots of CDs, DVDs!)  Windows 10, (hold off for now on Win11),  EVGA 1300W PSU
Netgear 1Gbps modem & router, (3) 27" 1440 wrap-around displays
Full array of Saitek and GoFlight hardware for the cockpit

Ships...beyond stellar!

-----------------------------------------------------------------

'Happy 4th!

...ain't it great...

I had some fools lighting up rockets, two doors down from my house, at 23:00 hours last night...they said they wanted to test their purchases to make sure the bulk worked for this weekend.

"*%*$**#*@(((@(($((($"....!   They can damage peoples roofs, and light back-yard sheds on fire....

I watched...as I was awakened from it...with my cell-phone ready to call the Fire Department....

Fireworks have no place in urban subdivisions...sorry...hand-held sparkles...sure...but WW2-sized ordinance...no way!   :angry:

Ok, I feel better...happy 4th, everyone! :)

Just thought I would chime in to say a big THANK YOU with this upgrade for P3D.  After installing the many files in the past I was seeing issues with my wakes and ships bunching up into a star shape?  All pointing outwards.

Figured I would have to take time to clean up my mess to make ready for this new upgrade.  SO I just copied over everything and in my first visit with AI ships... WoW!  Appears the upgrade fixed all my issues.  I saw no less than a half dozen ships off the coast of San Diego, California.  And from what I was to think, this area was not even on the radar for your AI ships. 

But I caught my first ship steaming (yes, smoke bellowing out), of Coronado Bay and a tanker at San Diego terminal.  I was giddy!

Tell me, I see an aircraft carrier entering port .  I see no markings (USS Midway?), and was wondering if that is one of your ships or an P3D default?   Only reason I ask is because the vehicles on it are floating around a 100 feet or so above the deck, ha! 

Also want to mention how nice the User's Manual is.  Usually created as an afterthought by many developers but I can you (and your team), put thought and effort into that.  A big plus.

All-n-all a superb add-on.

Happy 4th,

Clutch

Hi Clutch,

Thanks for the appreciation - the aircraft carrier is not a part of this project; it might be part of default traffic, but I newer saw it. Normally I keep my setting at 5 or 10 % to avoid the default ships. 10 % I only use when I have RTMM activated in the Pacific North West. All the ships in the Global AI Ship project are activated with Ships & Ferries traffic setting at 5 %.

Best regards

Henrik

A few images from the new package - a small fix will be uploaded here later today.

Near Long Beach, California

15070411061416112913418550.jpg

Rio de Janeiro at dusk, scenery by Paulo Ricardo

15070411054816112913418549.jpg

15062705570716112913403188.jpg

If you look closely at Milton Shupe's Bounty model, that I recompiled as AI model, you will discover that i made a small mistake with an animation and there are three flags and not one as there should be on the main mast. Below link to a small fix for the package correcting the above mentioned issue of the flags on the Bounty:

https://www.dropbox.com/sh/0r67qtcvb...AItgR_usa?dl=0

Copy the mdl file in the above folder and replace the file in simobjects/boats/ai_hms_bounty - Please note this fix SHOULD NOT BE USED ON ANY OTHER VERSION OF THE HMS BOUNTY THAN THE ONE INCLUDED IN "80 AI Ships and AI Ship Traffic"

(This link will be removed with the appearance of the next larger update.)

Going down the English Channel today heading along the English south coast, there are two naval ships with Danish flags heading west towards the Isle of Wight. I note that the rear one seems to be superimposed as two vessels! About to land on the deck pad and one part of the stern, up to the funnels, disappeared into the other!!!

Also, there was a vessel near Dover, blue and white heading east, where the smoke was rising some 30 meters from the stern!

Hope this helps. The Channel wasn't busy during my flight.

Martin Parr

Retired professional yacht skipper for vessels up to 46m

System: Omen 30L GT13-0054na Gaming PC; Windows 10 Home  64-bit OS; Intel Core i9-10900K CPU @ 3.7GHz; RAM 32GB; Samsung S34J55x Monitor 3440x1440 @75 Hz Resolution; NVIDIA GeForce RTX 2080 Ti. MSFS P/D; TM Pendular Rudder Pedals, TM Warthog Hortas Throttle/Joystick Combo.