Sign in to follow this  
KL791

Global AI Ship Traffic FSX and P3D News and Support

Hello again,

I believe I put the route files in Scenery/World/Scenery. They are all BGL files.

The only other files there are from World of AI traffic and a few other files and that's it.

Just wondering, do the boats just spawn randomly on the water once you load the game or do they have to go through some sort of boarding process, in which I'll have to wait until they depart from the harbor?

Your World of AI traffic files will prevent the AI ships to show unless you transform them to FSX format using the freeware AIFP program. The ships do not spawn - they follow routes with times; if you have everything installed you will have ships sailing constantly in the English channel. Most likely the ships you noted are static ships from some scenery - if you upload some screenshots I can probably identify them or at least exclude that they are mine.

Well, unfortunately that AIFP program didn't help me. I converted all of the WOAI files to FSX, even deleting the FS9 files, but I still don't see any ships mid-voyage.

And I'm 99% sure those ships I spotted were from the packages I downloaded. I've never seen them before

I'm pretty sure Henrik's right about woai being the problem. I had the same problem, and after uninstalling woai and using another ai programme, I have ships all around the waterways.

Jorn Lundtoft

I don't always stop and look at airplanes.........Oh wait, Yes I do.

Intel I7-13700F, 32GB Fury DDR5 - 6000, Kingston 1TB NVMe PCIe 4.0 SSD, Asus Geforce RTX 4070 TI 12GB, Kingston 2TB M2 NVMe SSD, Corsair 750W PCU, Windows 11

Well that's a shame. There is not many other AI programs out there, especially freeware. But it's weird that it still doesn't work even after the FS9-FSX conversion. I'm going to see what I can do

Hi Chris,

Could you post some screenshots of the ships you see at port? I would like to confirm if they are mine - if they are mine you conversion went well and then you experience some other problem. But they might very well be static ships, and then something has gone wrong in you conversion, and rememeber just one unconverted FS9 traffic file and you will not have the ships or any other FSX traffic functioning. Sometimes an FS9 file can hide in a scenery folder, so you should check your add on scenery folders also,

Best regards

Henrik

Another Programm to identify FS9 files reliable is the "AI Traffic Editor". The programm is in German and English langauge available and pretty good. You can use the trial version for 30 days.

Grüße / Greetings

aus / from Hamburg (the most beautiful city in the world) grin.gif

Manfred

SimDocks-Logo-dark-grey200px.png

Bigcav just sent me the beta of a complete route overview for easy installation in Google Earth - looks great and with this file it takes two seconds to find out which ships are sailing in a given area - hopefully soon ready for release B)

And meanwhile here a few screenshots from the upcoming Classic package

15080901553016112913495811.jpg

15080901553216112913495812.jpg

15080901454416112913495787.jpg

15080901453616112913495782.jpg

15080901454016112913495784.jpg

• Upvote 1

Sorry, but can you tell me how to post pictures (I don't see the option). Im still not familiar with Avsim yet.

I'll post them later on anyways. I'm doing a flight as we speak.

Hi - you are not the only one having trouble with this... If you write (img) (/img) using square brackets [ ] instead of the round brackets and paste the url link to the image in the middle it should work.

Do you have Ground environment X or Ultimate terrain. They look like static ships that l have on my sim and l have both of those  scenery lots.

bigcav

Nope. Most of the terrain is either default or freeware photorealistic scenery.

And this is the only AI ship program I use. They are definitely not default. I've never seen them before.

Hello Again.

Those ships are FSX scenery objects. I have found them in the same place on my test rig with has no extras on it.

If you like l can find the scenery file number

Regards

Bigcav