Sign in to follow this  
KL791

Global AI Ship Traffic FSX and P3D News and Support

Hello again  again.

Scenery file for London ship is "Cargob".  Cant make the other one out, but l think it might be "CargoA".

ITS NOT one of Henriks. His has a lot more detail.

Regards

Bigcav

Really? So the conversion might've not worked then. But it's strange that even for default ships, they aren't even moving...

I've also noticed that the default leisure boats seem to work normally.

Hello Chris

The leisure boats are default  FSX A.I. Traffic. The ships  you have shown are  scenery objects. They're not going anywhere. They are static, like the buildings around them. Its looks like the conversion hasn't worked.  Maybe one or two files haven't converted. If A.I.ships was installed, there is no way you would miss them.

Bigcav

Yes, it seems that you are correct. The conversion somehow did not work despite that I ran the program at least 5 times. I just checked my scenery files and it seems that some fs9 files are still there.

I'm just wondering, if placing the WOAI files in the Addon scenery folder would work. I've seen some posts from a guy claiming that WOAI still works when placed in that folder, so I'm wondering if this would allow the ship files to finally work.

Yes, it seems that you are correct. The conversion somehow did not work despite that I ran the program at least 5 times. I just checked my scenery files and it seems that some fs9 files are still there.

If you also had My Traffic 6, it has a utility that checks for FS9 Traffic BGL files and then makes a nice list so that you can delete them. That's basically how I got WOAI to work with other FSX traffic files when I was using FSX-SE. I installed the gazillion pieces of WOAI, then installed My T 6 (EEK! don't try to do anything useful with your Flight Sim setup like that though) and then I ran the My T 6 utility. After that I deleted/converted those FS9 files and uninstalled My T 6. That's an awful lot of work.

The only thing that l can suggest is to uninstall WOAI, then install A.I.Ships, not all, but the basic one,   say 75 ships and see if it is ok. If so, it may have to be a straight choice. It depends on how keen you are to have both.

Bigcav

Actually, there's no need to. I finally solved what was wrong. Apparently, AIFP did work, but it failed to delete the old FS9 files. All I did was manually delete those files, and viola! The ships finally began appearing. Finally, the waterways are alive! Thanks for all the help!

Is it possible to get some kind of radar signal built into the ships, so they can be followed just as AI plane traffic?

Jorn Lundtoft

I don't always stop and look at airplanes.........Oh wait, Yes I do.

Intel I7-13700F, 32GB Fury DDR5 - 6000, Kingston 1TB NVMe PCIe 4.0 SSD, Asus Geforce RTX 4070 TI 12GB, Kingston 2TB M2 NVMe SSD, Corsair 750W PCU, Windows 11

Is it possible to get some kind of radar signal built into the ships, so they can be followed just as AI plane traffic?

There are actually several possibilities for that already - you can us e.g, the small payware programme STENIN - AIROUND X (V2.0) but the ships will also appear on radars used by e.g. Tacpack (gives of course also the option for sinking them for those with destructive intentions...)

Which settings do i need to change to make the ships not blurry?

Now the question is not specific and as many people have contributed the textures are not done in the same way - some are not dds but just simple BMP files. All my own textures are simple dds textures  DXT1 or DXT 5, but resolution differs; in order to reduce impact on FPS all my ships use just one texture sheet, so for some ships the resolution is a bit reduced due to the size limit of the texture. In P3D however I see a clearly better texture display than in FSX, so something can probably also be done in your settings to improve display, but I am not an expert on that.

For the rest, of the project it is just slowly advancing due to a lot of other priorities in the non-virtual world :)

Been gone awhile, coming back to flight sim with a new gaming computer and P3D. Is the first post the place to get all the latest downloads? This is some amazing work that has become one of my first addons to get.

Computer Specs: i5-4690K 3.5 GHz overclocked to 4.0GHz / MSI GTX 960 4GB Video Card / 16GB Kingston HyperX Fury 1866MHz DDR3 System RAM / MSI Z97-G45 Motherboard / Crucial MX200 500GB mSATA SSD

I have seen several ships in the Irish Sea and North Sea during my recent tour around the UK. Many thanks for this excellent addon B)

Christopher Low

UK2000 Beta Tester

FSBetaTesters3.png

Do I understand correctly that I can keep both boat slider in FSX at 10%?