Sign in to follow this  
KL791

Global AI Ship Traffic FSX and P3D News and Support

Sorry for the slow answers, but real life duties are taking my time at the moment...

Do I understand correctly that I can keep both boat slider in FSX at 10%?

Yes, that is correct

Yes, that is also correct

Sorry for the slow answers, but real life duties are taking my time at the moment...

No need to apoligize. You are doing this for free and every minute of your time counts!

Thanks a lot for this great package!

btw, is anyone else having flickering wakes in DX10 when flying high? I'm pretty sure it's an issue with FSX engine.

KL791, i have a quick question. When i install the packages in the correct order, and for example a package wants to overwrite files from a previous package, should i overwrite. For the patches it is obvious to overwrite of course. But with the others, would i be missing out on traffic if i did overwrite?

Computer Specs: i5-4690K 3.5 GHz overclocked to 4.0GHz / MSI GTX 960 4GB Video Card / 16GB Kingston HyperX Fury 1866MHz DDR3 System RAM / MSI Z97-G45 Motherboard / Crucial MX200 500GB mSATA SSD

Yes, you should overwrite - normally the newer packages includes updates of old routes eg adding more diversity using more different ships on the same route.

I have only just discovered this project and all I can say is WOW!  I have installed all of the packages and I am simply amazed and astounded!  Thank you and all of the contributors for the fantastic work.

One ship which I have always felt is sadly missing from FSX and which I even thought would be included by default is the "Spirit of Tasmania".  She is actually a ferry, but, considering her size she seems to be more of a ship than a ferry.  The Spirit of Tasmania connects the state of Victoria, on the Australian mainland, to the island state of Tasmania and is one of the most recognised and known ships in the country. She competes very well with the airlines on this extremely popular route.

I would like to submit the Spirit of Tasmania for consideration and possibly inclusion in the next patch or package.

Please note that she has only recently been upgraded (just this month in fact), so pictures, diagrams, and details may be a little scarce at this time.

Here are some links (one which includes a route-map):

http://www.spiritoftasmania.com.au/

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/MS_Spirit_of_Tasmania_II

Once again, thanks!

Regards,

Freddy

Hi Freddy, thanks for the nice feedback - and I will keep the Spirit of Tasmania in mind - it is an old European ferry and the model would be of good use also on other routes where she and her sister have sailed.

Henrik

I'm sure I have mentioned it before, but Oasis of the Seas would be a nice addition too :-)

I have been using the ai ships for a while now, but I have never actually followed a ship from or into port, so are they docking at piers in harbors or just going into the harbor and turn around and sail out again?

Jorn Lundtoft

I don't always stop and look at airplanes.........Oh wait, Yes I do.

Intel I7-13700F, 32GB Fury DDR5 - 6000, Kingston 1TB NVMe PCIe 4.0 SSD, Asus Geforce RTX 4070 TI 12GB, Kingston 2TB M2 NVMe SSD, Corsair 750W PCU, Windows 11

Most of the ships just turn outside the harbors - due to différences in default, freeware and payware sceneries it is too complicated to make a one-solution-fit-all where the ships actually enter the harbors

Hi Freddy, thanks for the nice feedback - and I will keep the Spirit of Tasmania in mind - it is an old European ferry and the model would be of good use also on other routes where she and her sister have sailed.

Thanks KL791. Yes, I do believe she would make a nice addition; not just sailing her route in Australia, but, as you say, also on other (European) routes.

Regards,

Freddy

I have just added the AI Ships package to P3D v3, and it has flagged up an error in one of the sim.cfg files.....

[error.0]
error=Duplicate Section Name
 File: C:\Program Files (x86)\Lockheed Martin\Prepar3D v3\SimObjects\Boats\AI_FlyingCat40\Sim.cfg
 Section: fltsim.8

I checked this, and there are 2 entries for [fltsim.8].

Christopher Low

UK2000 Beta Tester

FSBetaTesters3.png

Hi Christopher,

Thanks for pointing attention to this - the correction is easy just open the sim.cfg and renumber the ships after fltsim.8 - you can also download a replacement sim.cfg here https://www.dropbox.com/sh/uwxdpgr7a9vy1xd/AADtcNQo8y9nCTeizFSKym-ka?dl=0 Just overwrite the one in the folder boats/AI_FlyingCat40.

One question - did it prevent the start-up or did you search for issues?  I do not have V3 and so far this problem did not give any issues in neither FSX or P3D. In any case I will add the correction to the next fix.

Best regards

Henrik

And a bit of news - after a long break modelling has started slowly again for the modern fleet - main focus will be Sweden as Lennart Arvidsson is preparing an amazing scenery covering a large part of the Swedish coast - https://www.facebook.com/swedendesign/timeline/ and of course a few ferries are needed - first up the Visby

15100411463616112913630494.jpg

to Henrik:

No, it does not prevent the simulator from starting up. It is kind of an error log which pops up at the closure of P3D.

It finds all sorts of errors; not all valid mind you. Some are good and can be corrected manually.

Pierre

Pierre

No, it does not prevent the simulator from starting up. It is kind of an error log which pops up at the closure of P3D.

It finds all sorts of errors; not all valid mind you. Some are good and can be corrected manually.

Pierre

Thanks a lot Pierre :) Then I will not panic and make an official fix right now - the fix above can be used until we get the next ready.

Henrik,

No, I only realised that there was an error when P3D flagged it up as I was leaving the simulator. After other similar error reports today, I get the feeling that P3D is flagging up all kinds of stuff that would otherwise go unnoticed. In fact, I even saw one which seemed to suggest that multiple identical [fltsim] entries in aircraft.cfg files were being flagged. Stuff like "atc_airline", which is obviously going to be identical if you have more than one aircraft repaint of the same airline installed! I knew how to correct the error in the sim.cfg file, but I thought it was important to let you know because it was presumably stopping a handful of ships from being displayed.

Christopher Low

UK2000 Beta Tester

FSBetaTesters3.png