Sign in to follow this  
KL791

Global AI Ship Traffic FSX and P3D News and Support

Hi Christopher,

Once again thanks - strangely enough it doesn't seem like the problem in the numbering affects ships! Before changing the file I took a flight over Hong Kong and found the Universal Cat where it was supposed to be even if it is further down the list than the error. Also when checking with AITChk the error is not flagged - the ships are encountered, even if for planes it would as you say have caused some models not to display.

Anyway - now there is a fix, and I will include the fix in the next update.

Best regards and thanks

Henrik

Henrik,

You may recall my earlier post in this thread suggesting the ferry "Spirit of Tasmania" for inclusion in the next release/patch ...

I noticed the Stavangerfjord very closely resembles the Spirit of Tasmania ferry.  Therefore, I got motivated enough to do a repaint of the Stavangerfjord model in the Spirit of Tasmania livery.  Due to the Stavangerfjord's model design it was not possible to get the repaint 100% accurate (for example, on the actual ferry, the words "Spirit of Tasmania" appear right in the centre along both sides of the boat - but that was not possible with the Stavangerfjord model - so I had to place the words back towards the stern). However, despite this minor issue, the repaint ended up being pretty darn close and suits my purposes well enough.  I then researched the route (accurate, and works with ORBX scenery), set a schedule based as closely as possible to her real-world timetable, and compiled.

The Spirt of Tasmania now sails in my Flight Sim, on an accurate route, including docking at each end of the journey, and on a schedule that is only out by approximately twenty minutes at each end of her journey (against her real-world timetable). I am very happy with the result.

Out of respect for copyrights and sharing rights ... and also considering the fact the Stavangerfjord model is not an actual match for the real Spirit of Tasmania ferry ... I decided it was best not to upload and share my work.  Having said that, if you do happen to decide you would like to include the "Spirit of Tasmania" in a release or patch, and would like a copy of my files, whether that be to use them verbatim, or just look over them as a guide for making your own, then I'd be delighted to provide them to you. But, of course, there's certainly no obligation.

Regards,

Freddy

Hi Freddy,

I am happy the model served and it would be great if you can pm a link to a copy of model and route - you are also welcome to upload the model/repaint as long as you credit me for the model and stick to the general rules for sharing stipulated in the readme file in the project. It might take some time before I am ready with the next update as I work with snail pace at the moment, but I would be happy to share the route in that.

Best regards

Henrik

Henrik,

I have sent you a PM, including a link to the file(s).

I wasn't actually planning on uploading this work.  But, if anyone else out there is interested in getting a copy of this, I'd be happy to provide it to them. Please post here or PM me if you're interested.

Regards,

Freddy

Ive moved on to P3Dv3...is this working in that sim yet? and will the P3Dv2 wake fixes also apply to v3?

Computer Specs: i5-4690K 3.5 GHz overclocked to 4.0GHz / MSI GTX 960 4GB Video Card / 16GB Kingston HyperX Fury 1866MHz DDR3 System RAM / MSI Z97-G45 Motherboard / Crucial MX200 500GB mSATA SSD

HI, I have installed all packages in V3 and could not find any fault.

Grüße / Greetings

aus / from Hamburg (the most beautiful city in the world) grin.gif

Manfred

SimDocks-Logo-dark-grey200px.png

Thanks - I don't have V3, but this confirms what others have told me. The ship traffic should work without problems also in P3D v3, however it is a lot of models build by different persons and using different techniques, so no guarantees that all will be perfect.

Being from Denmark, I wondered if there's any chance you will be doing some of the local ferries beween the danish islands, Venø, Mors, Samsø etc?

Jorn Lundtoft

I don't always stop and look at airplanes.........Oh wait, Yes I do.

Intel I7-13700F, 32GB Fury DDR5 - 6000, Kingston 1TB NVMe PCIe 4.0 SSD, Asus Geforce RTX 4070 TI 12GB, Kingston 2TB M2 NVMe SSD, Corsair 750W PCU, Windows 11

Hi Jørn,

With the beautiful scenery of Samsø made by John from Vidandesign I will most certainly do the Samsø ferry - and there might also be a chance for some of the ferries connecting Denmark and Sweden with the new Swedish scenery of Lennart Arvidsson coming up.

Henrik

I want to add my thanks for this program - it's really excellent!

Rob Jones.

Yes, Vidan's Samsø deserves a ferry route. He's made a pretty good harbour in Koldby, so will it be possible for your ferry to dock, instead of just turning outside the harbour?

Jorn Lundtoft

I don't always stop and look at airplanes.........Oh wait, Yes I do.

Intel I7-13700F, 32GB Fury DDR5 - 6000, Kingston 1TB NVMe PCIe 4.0 SSD, Asus Geforce RTX 4070 TI 12GB, Kingston 2TB M2 NVMe SSD, Corsair 750W PCU, Windows 11

It will dock... When somebody makes an effort to do a nice harbor then I will let the ships enter the harbor...

The first of the new ferries for the new package - or actually the second as Jean-Pierre already finalized a Canadian ferry... However I don't have pictures of that one yet, so here just a preview of Visby with night textures applied

15101509470816112913664282.jpg

Yep, I have installed all packages into V3. With the current nvidia drivers and SLI enabled, the lines and weird shapes that appeared previously now appear to have gone.

Ian S

38.jpg

Thanks a lot for the feedback - sounds good - and if there is even an improvement in V3 even better :)