Sign in to follow this  
KL791

Global AI Ship Traffic FSX and P3D News and Support

I stumbled across this thread yesterday.  I installed it all last night, took me about an hour but works a treat!  I had to convert my WOAI files to FSX mind you, I wasn't aware they was installed as FS9 files by default. 

Excellent work!  For free as well.....a big thank you to the guys who put all this together for the community.

Thomas Derbyshire

Scrap my post above.  Whilst I have scanned my whole FSX install using AIFP and converted all my WOAI files to FSX file format it appears now my AI traffic has defaulted to stock aircraft. 

After a quick Google it appears FSX will only display default AI aircraft if it detects even one single FS9.BGL file in my installation.  Strange thing is I have scanned my WHOLE folder for FS9 files after conversion to FSX and it says "none found"? 

I would much prefer to have real aircraft as opposed to AI ships so I have reverted the BGLs to the original WOAI files.  Obviously I want both...

Any ideas?

Thomas Derbyshire

I know this is a lengthy post but have you trawled through it, I am pretty sure this has cropped up before and the solution is listed somewhere. The only idea I suggest is try introducing your existing AI .bgl files one at a time (or if you have lots then maybe in batches of 10) which should then isolate which are the rogue files.

• Upvote 1

Ian S

38.jpg

Actually, there's no need to. I finally solved what was wrong. Apparently, AIFP did work, but it failed to delete the old FS9 files. All I did was manually delete those files, and viola! The ships finally began appearing. Finally, the waterways are alive! Thanks for all the help!

Anyone with FS9 flight plan issues may wish to try this program:

http://stuff4fs.com/open.asp?Folder=AIFP&JS=TRUE

I have used it for some time to add schedules to P3D. I am totally free of FS9 plans. Amongst other things, it finds all FS9 plans according to search criteria; then will also convert them to FSX format. Not trying to hijack the thread, but it may be of use tp those with Skybluex25's issue.

Surely FSX will only detect older FS9 files in my FSX installation though? I moved all my FS9 files to a folder on my desktop. I rescanned my FSX installation after conversion and it said it couldnt find any FS9 files.

Thomas Derbyshire

Hi - Are you sure you scanned all folders??? Some developers include traffic.bgl in addon scenery files. Correctly converted WOAI is 100 % compatible with the ship traffic - I have WOAI installed together with the ship traffic in P3D on one computer and FSX on another.

I think this is a fantastic project. My grateful thanks - however I have a small problem.

In P3DV3.1 I have the boats as described - but some of them have vertical smoke/wake (I'm not sure which) extending upwards from them to something like 70,000ft.

Would you know what might be causing this please?

I think I installed as per instructions, but you never know ;-)

Many thanks

Brit

Hi - Are you sure you scanned all folders??? Some developers include traffic.bgl in addon scenery files. Correctly converted WOAI is 100 % compatible with the ship traffic - I have WOAI installed together with the ship traffic in P3D on one computer and FSX on another.

I scanned the top level FSX folder in my steam apps which is surely the only place a rogue FS9 file would be. I'm assuming FSX will only look there for the files.

Thomas Derbyshire

I think this is a fantastic project. My grateful thanks - however I have a small problem.

In P3DV3.1 I have the boats as described - but some of them have vertical smoke/wake (I'm not sure which) extending upwards from them to something like 70,000ft.

Would you know what might be causing this please?

I think I installed as per instructions, but you never know ;-)

Many thanks

Brit

Have you tried applying the wake fix?, see above in the green section. I know it says for P3D v2.5 but think at might apply to the current versions as well. 

Ian S

38.jpg

Hello,

I have the same with some boats on P3d 3.1 .

Vertical smoke ...

Edit I have the "wake fix" installed.

Emile EBBR Z590 Aorus Elite, i9-11900K 3.5Ghz Nvidia RTX 3060, 16 GB Mem, SSD 1Tera + other HDDs, Dual Boot . Win11 Pro X64

To both of you - one effect is not corrected by the fix - please check post #573 in this thread for a solution.

And below some images from my first tests of the new ships in P3Dv3.1

16010810493116112913882420.jpg

16010810492816112913882418.jpg

16010810492516112913882417.jpg

16010810485916112913882414.jpg

• Upvote 3

I think it's about time I get the boats installed into my P3D 3.1, but do I need to put them in the \simobjects\boats or can I make a new dir called AI Boats to keep them more "organized"?

Jorn Lundtoft

I don't always stop and look at airplanes.........Oh wait, Yes I do.

Intel I7-13700F, 32GB Fury DDR5 - 6000, Kingston 1TB NVMe PCIe 4.0 SSD, Asus Geforce RTX 4070 TI 12GB, Kingston 2TB M2 NVMe SSD, Corsair 750W PCU, Windows 11

I think it's about time I get the boats installed into my P3D 3.1, but do I need to put them in the \simobjects\boats or can I make a new dir called AI Boats to keep them more "organized"?

Yes you can make a new map in Simobjets\AI Boats.

And in your FSX.CFG a new line like this on : SimObjectPaths.7=SimObjects\AI Boats. (maybe a other number)

Jan

EDIT : I was to quick,you have P3D 3.1,dunno if the structure is the same as FSX.

Just curious what benefit this would bring. Is having all the files in the SimObjects\boats folder not pretty organised already?

Ian S

38.jpg