Sign in to follow this  
KL791

Global AI Ship Traffic FSX and P3D News and Support

OK, I have tried moving them to simobjects\boats and Yipee now I have boats all over the world. However I do have the problems with wakes going into the sky and wakes "cutoffs", but I know both items have been discussed her, so I'll just have to read through the thread again to fix that.

Still don't get where the things I mention in thread 615 comes from, so still open to suggestions / answers to that.

Jorn Lundtoft

I don't always stop and look at airplanes.........Oh wait, Yes I do.

Intel I7-13700F, 32GB Fury DDR5 - 6000, Kingston 1TB NVMe PCIe 4.0 SSD, Asus Geforce RTX 4070 TI 12GB, Kingston 2TB M2 NVMe SSD, Corsair 750W PCU, Windows 11

Hi Jørn,

Good to hear you managed to get the ships appearing... You asked some time ago why I didn't do more ferries and mostly freighters. It has a simple answer - to create a global coverage with ships the freighters are more useful. Ferries only navigate in limited local areas, so less people will see the models and we would have to do far more models - Anyway the upcoming package will contain a bunch of ferries - the latest to be added are the Norwegian sisters Lødingen, Landegode, Barøy, and Værøy - and out in the middle of the Atlantic the Gilberto Mariano and Mestre Simao serving the Azores.

16011704563116112913902695.jpg

16011704562116112913902694.jpg

16011705095316112913902774.jpg

• Upvote 1

Fair enough, the ferries are as you mention more "local" but how about some of the worlds biggest yachts? They can also be put in several locations without looking out of "place"?

Speaking of ferries, if I say Samsø, I'm sure you know what I mean :-)

Jorn Lundtoft

Intel I7-13700F, 32GB Fury DDR5 - 6000, Kingston 1TB NVMe PCIe 4.0 SSD, Asus Geforce RTX 4070 TI 12GB, Kingston 2TB M2 NVMe SSD, Corsair 750W PCU, Windows 11

Well, as far I remember it is a small beautiful island not far from were I sit right now and there are ferries going there :wink:

Hello pilots and ship enthusiast!

Is there by chance someone who lives in Rødbyhavn?

I'm working currently at the harbor scenery of Rødbyhavn (freeware) and can use as forward lean only the photos in Google Earth.
Unfortunately the photos of many buildings are missing there and I was just wondering if anyone lives in Rødbyhavn and can take the missing photos?

2 Screenshots from the instantaneous state of development you can find in the SimDocks-Forum

• Upvote 1

Grüße / Greetings

aus / from Hamburg (the most beautiful city in the world) grin.gif

Manfred

SimDocks-Logo-dark-grey200px.png

Hi Manfred

Unfortunately I live almost at the other end of Denmark, but maybe some of the others reading this live closer. I used to go to Rødbyhavn often when I was a kid. My grandparents lived nearby. Your scenery already looks nice. I suppose you are also doing some of the ferries????

Best regards

Henrik

Hi Henrik,

I have stopped all my german projects until the release of "FTX Northern Germany" so that I can adapt them accordingly to the FTX scenery.
In the meantime, I'm building Rødbyhavn to connect the harbour after the FTX release to the German scene with the original ferrys.
Therefore I hope to obtain the corresponding photos.
If I can´t get it, I'll travel in spring to Rødbyhaven to take the photos by myself.

Best regards

Manfred

Grüße / Greetings

aus / from Hamburg (the most beautiful city in the world) grin.gif

Manfred

SimDocks-Logo-dark-grey200px.png

Hello 

I've been doing some test flights after installing P3D v3.1 into Windows 7, and all seems fine with the shipping package.

However I was doing a quick flight around Marseille Harbour (about 8am sim time) and found a large Hapag Lloyd bulk-carrier sitting on it's stern pointing vertically upwards. It was about 100m inland. I zoomed in and think it was called Hong Kong Express. I've looked in my SimObjects/Boats folder and can't see a folder by this name. 

I don't have any other packages, so it is one of your ships or a default. Any idea what the problem is, or  how it can be fixed?

Many thanks, and once again congratulations on a great piece of work for our simming community.

cheers

Ian

Ian S

38.jpg

This is apparently a known issue with P3D v3, Ian. Resetting your water to HIGH (I assume that it is currently at ULTRA) will almost certainly solve the problem until a solution can be found.

Christopher Low

UK2000 Beta Tester

FSBetaTesters3.png

This is apparently a known issue with P3D v3, Ian. Resetting your water to HIGH (I assume that it is currently at ULTRA) will almost certainly solve the problem until a solution can be found.

Ok, will do, thanks for the quick reply.

Ian S

38.jpg

I was flying around in Norway and on one flight I saw a boat pulling/pushing an oilrig, but forgot to write down place and time. So can anyone point me to where I may see it again?

Jorn Lundtoft

I think it may Have been the "Rowan Gorilla"

its time table is this:

Round Trip cycle: 24hours
All times Zulu (GMT)

SHIP                         : DEPART   : ARRIVE     : RETURN   : ARRIVE   :
   :                                                  : APPROX   : DEPART    : APPROX :

1,"Rowan_Gorilla"     : 06:15:29    : 18:05:20    : 18:15:54    : 06:05:45  :

Its start and finish points in Google Earth are:

N59* 36.30' 40.  E3* 41.21'43.

I do have an overlay for Google Earth but it will not display correctly on this post.

Regards

Bigcav

Google won't recognize the coordinates, do you have a city or airport at a certain time where it can be seen?

Jorn Lundtoft

Sorry!

Type or copy and paste these instead:

59 36'14. N   3 41'32. E  (for the northern start/stop area)

57 24'38. N   0 57'58. E (for the southern Start/stop area)

They are both out to sea, so there is no airport or city near by.

Regards

bigcav

I have two questions and will appreciate if you can answer them:

1) Has the AI Ship package been updated since Henrik's post in June 2015?

2) How can I view/check the timetables? I have AIFP but it couldn't help me with this...

Thanks!

Regards,

Victor Quebec