Sign in to follow this  
KL791

Global AI Ship Traffic FSX and P3D News and Support

Update to my issue above;

I have ships working again :smile:  after i nailed a few rogue FS9 AI flightplans from the world/scenery folder!

So question is really, how do i get AI aircraft into the sim without conflicting. Baring in mind i had already tried added AI, converted the AI FPs to FSX using AIFP but that did not work.

Is there a walk through as to how to properly convert AI FPs incase i am doing it wrong?

DaveyGurmSignature.png

All sorted. I have AI ships and AI aircraft now!

Those couple of rogue flightplans mentioned above were converted and moved all the other AI flightplans back over.

So it really was just a FS9 to FSX flightplan conversion issue my end.

DaveyGurmSignature.png

I use WOAI + these fantastic ships in both FSX:SE and P3D v3.1, and I have no issues at all. The important thing is to make sure that there are absolutely no FS9 AI flightplans in the sim. If there is just one, nothing will show up

What I found when using AIFP is that it doesn't always remove the FS9 files. Instead it creates a new one with _FSX in the end of the name. I had to go through all the folders and remove the file without _FSX... It's a pain, but it worked :smile:

You should maybe try to run AIFP as an administrator.... Especially if you are using Windows 10.

Hope it helps.

When using AIFP to search and convert fs9 files, there's an option to delete the fs9, bgl's when it has converted them to fsx format.

Btw, Henrik, you mention there will be a "full pack" does it include an installer or do we still need to do it manually?

Jorn Lundtoft

I don't always stop and look at airplanes.........Oh wait, Yes I do.

Intel I7-13700F, 32GB Fury DDR5 - 6000, Kingston 1TB NVMe PCIe 4.0 SSD, Asus Geforce RTX 4070 TI 12GB, Kingston 2TB M2 NVMe SSD, Corsair 750W PCU, Windows 11

Hi

No, there will not at any time be an installer. With the full pack you need to unzip, copy and paste - three clicks... Should be doable... The only thing which really gives problems in the installation is the above mentioned convertion of FS9 files, for those who have such, but that you will have to handle manually anyway.

If we should do an installer it would be as payware with configuration options, which would mean that certain ships would disppear as they can not be shared as part of a payware due to copyright issues.

Br

Henrik

Hey Henrik with the old packs installed do we have to remove them and the new ones or just overwrite with what's in the new package?

Arslan Nouar

There will be a new "small" package (only 70 ships), which you can add to the existing, and a total package which is mainly for those who haven't installed anything - and for those who like me keeps fighting with new updates of P3D and reinstallations...

There are a few of the previous fixes which included you had to remove an old file - that would potentially also be the case if you take the total pack and decide to overwrite, which would for 99.9 % of the files be okay. Remember - the total pack consists of over 300 unique mdl files; 600 ships including repaints; 4000 files in total... compressed 300 MB; uncompressed 1.3 GB...

Upload will take place Thursday this coming week. Beta test is over, but still a bit to do with documentation.

Wow, another package nears completion, great!

Thanks Henrik!

23.png

Fantastic work Henrik, thank you! You definitely rule the seas in the flight simulator world!

Lee H

i9 13900KF 32GB Ram 24GB RTX 4090

Launch is approaching - plan is still Thursday this week

The new "small" incremental pack contains:

• close to 80 new models
  • new wakes for all ships - valid for both FSX and P3D but needed in P3Dv3.1 and above ; some of the older wakes have been updated and improved
  • new routes including a large number of mostly European ferry routes and improved covereage in particular for the Baltic Sea; the North Sea and the Eastern Mediterranean from Italy to Turkey
  • updates for the larger ships including changes to sim.cfg and mdl files to make them work properly in P3Dv3.1 and above with water at ultra setting

The total pack - which due to problems with upload speed might first be available early next week will include

• All ships and routes published so far including all published fixes and a few minor non published fixes - that is more than 600 ships and full global route coverage
  • All the above updates and additions

Those who have everything installed and working fine should just download the new incremental pack ; those who have nothing installed all need to reinstall e.g. for P3Dv3.X should go for the total pack