Sign in to follow this  
KL791

Global AI Ship Traffic FSX and P3D News and Support

Downloaded and installed yesterday.. Simply amazing! 

Ernest Pergrem

Downloaded and installed yesterday.. Simply amazing!

Ernest

I don't think a torrent exists for the package. I can tell you that the AVSIM library server is ususlly very fast. In fact it's the fastest freeware library server I know of and I've downloaded from the server from numerous locations across the U.S. and members of my group have had the same experience with downloads in England. France, Canada and Algiers

I mention this on case their might be something you can do on your end that might help improve your download speed.

Best wishes

Dave Hodges

System Specs:  I9-13900KF, NVIDIA 4070TI, Quest 3, Multiple Displays, Lots of TERRIFIC friends, 3 cats, and a wonderfully stubborn wife.

I am sorry Dave, I know you have not done anything wrong, but once again as mentioned above... Torrents will not be accepted!!! If we discover one single torrent  the community will have seen the last freeware package in the series apart from the fact that we will initiate legal actions for illegal filesharing.

Ernest

I don't think a torrent exists for the package. I can tell you that the AVSIM library server is ususlly very fast. In fact it's the fastest freeware library server I know of and I've downloaded from the server from numerous locations across the U.S. and members of my group have had the same experience with downloads in England. France, Canada and Algiers

I mention this on case their might be something you can do on your end that might help improve your download speed.

Best wishes

Not sure why you replied to my message.  Perhaps in error?

I mentioned nothing about torrents.  In fact, I downloaded my copy from the link that was posted in this thread, so it came from AVSIM.

Ernie

Ernest Pergrem

Ernest & Hendrik,

My apologies.

I was responding to the Torrent Request made by "OmniAtlas" via my phone, and what happens is that if someone new posts while I'm fingering my response it (for some reason) seems to get tied to the new post (or latest new post).  I've had this happen once before.

My response basically said to Omni that there wasn't (or shouldn't be) a Torrent for this file (as I know that Hendrik has prohibited other release venues of his work).

The second purpose of my response was to let OmniAtlas know that the AVSIM servers are very fast and that his experience is not the norm.

Since this posting problem has happened twice, I'll not use my phone to post responses again... confuses everyone and especially me!

Best wishes to all!

Dave Hodges

System Specs:  I9-13900KF, NVIDIA 4070TI, Quest 3, Multiple Displays, Lots of TERRIFIC friends, 3 cats, and a wonderfully stubborn wife.

Apologies accepted - I know you were with the best intentions. And anyone thinking avsim is too slow can just donate to larger bandwith so we can continue to have this wonderful free site  :smile:

Thank you for this fantastic work! And I agree. AVSIM servers are pretty quick, so torrents aren't really needed for this size of a package.

Ernest & Hendrik,

My apologies.

I was responding to the Torrent Request made by "OmniAtlas" via my phone,

Apologies accepted also, although I wasn't offended in the least bit. I  just wanted to set the record straight.  :-)

Ernest Pergrem

Sorry I had to post this here in the FSX forum, because this might P3DV3 related with this addon and wanted to keep everything in one place, but I noticed that when I was at Southampton EGHI airport in the UK, I could hear some very loud engine sounds in the background which I then realised was related to one of the sound files that I had installed in the package. The file playing was this one.

kkskogoy1.wav

I did see some tugs in the solent after some investigation which I think might have been where the sound was coming from, but they were many miles away and the sound was playing as if it the tug was almost next to the plane on the ground,  so just wondered if there is a sound setting I should put in the cfg or whether this was a P3Dv3 related thing or if not, I guess I can just remove the sound file so that it does not play it.

Any ideas anyway would be great.

Thanks

Craig

Do you have any AI aircraft? That is a heavy piston engine in idle - not a turbo prop.

Martin Parr

Retired professional yacht skipper for vessels up to 46m

System: Omen 30L GT13-0054na Gaming PC; Windows 10 Home  64-bit OS; Intel Core i9-10900K CPU @ 3.7GHz; RAM 32GB; Samsung S34J55x Monitor 3440x1440 @75 Hz Resolution; NVIDIA GeForce RTX 2080 Ti. MSFS P/D; TM Pendular Rudder Pedals, TM Warthog Hortas Throttle/Joystick Combo.

kkskogoy1.wav is one of the sounds in the install package, for the global package, and when i play that sound file on its own, that is the sound i hear in the sim so thought it might be linked to one of the AI ships. I saw some tugs or perhaps trawlers, in the Solent a few miles away which when I flew past then played the sound even louder as i moved around them so I am sure that sound file is linked to them, but will try and work out what they were to see if theres any sound linked to them in the files.

Was really just interested in knowing if there was a setting in the cfg I could change to make the sound fade away over a distance and not just keep playing all the time no matter how far away I seemed to be as even from miles away it was still audible.

But no problem, it could be P3D related as I can not try it on FSX to see if its the same there also.

I just wanted to thank the developers for this outstanding ai package, it really brings my sim to the next level. and i love the Emirates Team NZ Cat at OMDB, nice touch..

tpewpb-6.png

Are there plans to expand routes and create them for the Pacific? From mainland America to Hawaii and the Marshall Islands, soloman islands, saipan and Guam, etc. Not any routes in these areas and would be great to have ships going all over the Pacific to Asia and Australia.

Great work Guys. Just heading out of LHR for YYZ and spotted first ships in Milford Haven. Easily installed with the new update.

Great work! Thank you for sharing.

Is there any siginificant FPS impact when using the package in P3D ?

Cheers,
Chris

Regards,

Chris

--

13900K, Gigabyte Geforce RTX 4090, 32GB DDR5 RAM, Asus Rog Swift PG348Q G-SYNC 1440p monitor, Varjo Aero/Pico 4 VR