Sign in to follow this  
KL791

Global AI Ship Traffic FSX and P3D News and Support

Global AI Ship Traffic is perhaps the best single contribution given free of charge to this hobby, and with the sheer numbers historically speaking of freeware developers, that is really saying something!

I find myself ship watching half the time, just enjoying watching the P3D marine environment within FS.

THANK YOU !!!

One complication:

For some reason I have double ferries working one right behind the other. This does not seem to happen with the Ai ship traffic, just the ferries.

Any suggestions?

Kind regards.

Global AI Ship Traffic is perhaps the best single contribution given free of charge to this hobby, and with the sheer numbers historically speaking of freeware developers, that is really saying something!

I find myself ship watching half the time, just enjoying watching the P3D marine environment within FS.

THANK YOU !!!

One complication:

For some reason I have double ferries working one right behind the other. This does not seem to happen with the Ai ship traffic, just the ferries.

Any suggestions?

Kind regards.

Thanks for those nice words :D

Your problem with the ferries is most likely due to the way you entered the flight - in particular if you change plane in a saved flight. Then the sim doesn't clean the traffic files from the previous flight. Try to start flying from scratch in the area where you saw the problem, and most likely you will see that it is gone.

No matter how you have installed the traffic files, eventual copies will overwrite each other unless of course you have put them in different folders.

• Upvote 1

Ahhh nice! Rio De Janeiro, I want to fly to this next time in P3D! Is that scenery you were talking about an airport scenery or is it a city scenery?

and is SBGL the main airport for that region? You have got me curious now about that area. Looks beautiful!

ASUS ROG Maximus Hero XII ▪︎ Intel i9-10900K ▪︎ NVIDIA RTX 3090 FE ▪︎ 64GB Corsair Vengeance RGB Pro ▪︎ Windows 10 Pro (21H1) ▪︎ Samsung 970 EVO Pro 1TB NVME SSD (OS Drive) ▪︎ Samsung 860 EVO 2TB SATA SSD ▪︎ Seagate 4TB SATA HDD ▪︎ Corsair RMx 850W PSU

Ahhh nice! Rio De Janeiro, I want to fly to this next time in P3D! Is that scenery you were talking about an airport scenery or is it a city scenery?

and is SBGL the main airport for that region? You have got me curious now about that area. Looks beautiful!

Hi,

Paulo Ricardo's scenery includes the Santos Dumont airport SBRJ which has a spectacular approach right past the Sugarleaf Mountain. SBRJ is the domestic airport which caters among other traffic for the air shuttle between Sao Paulo and Rio served with mainly A320's and B737's. SBGL is the international airport and is not included in Paulo's scenery, but e.g. Tropical Sim just updated their version. The flight from SBRJ to Sao Paulo Congonhas is an around 500 kilometers over a beautiful coastline which is included with a photo real in Paulo's Scenery. And if you have his Sao Paulo scenery as well, you will have a nice scenery for the whole flight including the Congonhas airport at the other end. At the moment I just got his new scenery for Curitiba which etends the photo real further Sounth - this makes for some very nice and realistic flying above Brazil. This one is only available for purchase directly from him at the moment. For freeware sceneries to complement check freewarescenery.com as most of the Brazilian designers do not upload to avsim or other international sites, but you will find a lot of very high quality airports free of charge.

KL791, can you please tell me the exact name of the scenery you used? I would like to check it out, and is it compatible with P3D v3?

ASUS ROG Maximus Hero XII ▪︎ Intel i9-10900K ▪︎ NVIDIA RTX 3090 FE ▪︎ 64GB Corsair Vengeance RGB Pro ▪︎ Windows 10 Pro (21H1) ▪︎ Samsung 970 EVO Pro 1TB NVME SSD (OS Drive) ▪︎ Samsung 860 EVO 2TB SATA SSD ▪︎ Seagate 4TB SATA HDD ▪︎ Corsair RMx 850W PSU

I'm not seeing any traffic. So, do I understand correctly from the manual that I need to completely convert every single fs9 traffic file to fsx before your ships will show up. Is this correct?

Thanks,

'm not seeing any traffic. So, do I understand correctly from the manual that I need to completely convert every single fs9 traffic file to fsx before your ships will show up. Is this correct?

Yes sir, that is correct.  Applies to FSX and P3D.

Dave Hodges

System Specs:  I9-13900KF, NVIDIA 4070TI, Quest 3, Multiple Displays, Lots of TERRIFIC friends, 3 cats, and a wonderfully stubborn wife.

Thanks for the answer! :-)

OK, that definitely helped. I do have ships now, but I also have "ghost" ships that have a wake and smoke efffects, but the ship is completely invisible. Ideas?

Thanks for the answer! :-)

OK, that definitely helped. I do have ships now, but I also have "ghost" ships that have a wake and smoke efffects, but the ship is completely invisible. Ideas?

This issue has appeared before; I think the answer had to do with compability mode of Windows, without remembering the détails. I put a note on another computer and I will try and look for it.

• Upvote 1

Hi Henrik,

I love your implementation of so much wonderful ships. Especially, I was two weeks ago on Hurtigruten journey and now I want to fly by helicopter to the Nordkapp ship.

My question:

In your folder "Ship routes list with time tables April 16" there is information about Round Trip cycle  and departure/arrival times  of a ship. For which location and for what absolute time is this valid?

How can find e.g. when is the Nordkapp coming to Molde?

How can I use the traffic support modul of FSX?

thanks and best regards

Alhard

regards, 

Alhard,   FS-Pilot since 1980,

WIN7, FS9-FSX-P3Dv45, 3 PCs, 6 Monitors, IVAO, Helicopter, Airbus, VFR

A corrected Mdl is available here https://www.dropbox.com/sh/4y14dfdxr7eef52/AACnapbKSym_0xtvt1bZ6JYda?dl=0

Please notice that this is not the whole ship but just the mdl file which should replace the old mdl file in the folder AI_Hanjin_Santos/Model.Empty

However before correcting notice that this ship is not included on many routes, so if you are not familar with the process the correction will not change much.

The LM texture is also used by AI_Hanjin_Santos\model.empty and is missing from the texture folders:

Apologies for the slow reply. Thanks so much for fixing this!

A bit of news on the continuation of the project ; the summer holiday is over... While most of it was spent on horseback and watching whales, a couple of long flights also gave time to do some modelling - mostly patrol boats like the Grajau class of Brazil

16073105224816112914403702.jpg

The Krabi Class from Thailand...

16073105224716112914403701.jpg

The Krabi Class is almost similar to the Brazilian Amazonas class already included in the project and the upcoming batch of the British River Class and features a helicopter Platform, but no hangar.

And a french built Rapid Patrol Boat operating for the navies in Senegal, Togo and Cote D'Ivoire...

16073105224716112914403700.jpg

Next up the Saipem 10000 drill ship class including helicopter Platform. Though still a lot of work to go.

16073105523916112914403774.jpg

• Upvote 1

Just out of curiosity,,,,are there any UK warships in the pipeline? I only fly around the UK and Ireland, and it would be nice to see one or two nicely detailed warships on my travels :smile:

• Upvote 1

Christopher Low

UK2000 Beta Tester

FSBetaTesters3.png

Just out of curiosity,,,,are there any UK warships in the pipeline? I only fly around the UK and Ireland, and it would be nice to see one or two nicely detailed warships on my travels :smile:

The Royal Navy should put names and numbers on the new River Class... Then they would enter the pack... Apart from those so far only the Broadsword class, which is no longer active in the UK. I was looking at the new destroyers, but did not do anything yet as they do exist as models already.