Sign in to follow this  
KL791

Global AI Ship Traffic FSX and P3D News and Support

Hello KL791,

Thanks for your help... SOLVED

Have a nice day and an Happy New Year :hi:

Emile EBBR Z590 Aorus Elite, i9-11900K 3.5Ghz Nvidia RTX 3060, 16 GB Mem, SSD 1Tera + other HDDs, Dual Boot . Win11 Pro X64

Can I just copy needed files from FSX to P3D or should I re-d/l them?

Can I just copy needed files from FSX to P3D or should I re-d/l them?

Hi

The files are the same, so if you have the newest download from April 2016 you will have files valid in both FSX and P3D. If you have older downloads I will recommend a new installation. In order to function in P3D both effects but also sim.cfg files needed to be adjusted compared to the first versions. Even if it is a big download it is probably easier to download and reinstall than moving the files if you are unsure if you have the newest version.

PS due to work and family the next update is delayed... again.... ;D

• Upvote 1

Thank you for your answer. I think I´ll go with the new d/l as you suggested. Let´s see how it goes.

Hello

I enjoy the AI ships traffic everyday.

But I often see that 2 times the same ships follow each other on the PC screen. Today in the neighbourhood of PAKT I even saw 5 times the same KOSAN ship, within just a distance of maybe 1/4 mile and all following their same route.

What could cause this?

Do I maybe have double entrees in my scenery/world/scenery directory? Is there an easy way I can check double or triple entrees there? Do the routes of your ships have all have a similar name "build-up" and if so, which one?

Thanks.

Marcel

I must tell you that I don't remember. Never came into my mind that this could be the reason.

I'll watch it.

Thanks

Marcel

It is true, multiple ships appear when the scenery is reloaded - as after aircraft changes, changes in scenery libary, or changes in the settings

Grüße / Greetings

aus / from Hamburg (the most beautiful city in the world) grin.gif

Manfred

SimDocks-Logo-dark-grey200px.png

Yes, this is a bug in FSX. It is fixed in Preapar3D.

Simmerhead - Making the virtual skies unsafe since 1987! 

Hi Henrik,

First of all many, many thanks for all of your outstanding work on this project.

It really has brought to life an otherwise empty expanse of the flight sim.

I am running P3D v2.5, and in the many months of enjoying your shipping, I have recently come across just one small issue - a grounded ship that sits on and through scenery in Aerosoft's Venice X addon.

For some reason I don't seem to be able to add screenshots here, but could try sending to a proper email address. The ship in question is the Costa Favolosa and appears beached when viewed in summer daytime.

I have no idea how difficult this may be to correct, but just thought I'd mention for a possible future update.

Again though, many thanks and very much looking forward to the next instalment.

Regards,  Gary.

aardvark62, on 29 Jan 2017 - 2:20 PM, said:

Hi Henrik,

First of all many, many thanks for all of your outstanding work on this project.

It really has brought to life an otherwise empty expanse of the flight sim.

I am running P3D v2.5, and in the many months of enjoying your shipping, I have recently come across just one small issue - a grounded ship that sits on and through scenery in Aerosoft's Venice X addon.

For some reason I don't seem to be able to add screenshots here, but could try sending to a proper email address. The ship in question is the Costa Favolosa and appears beached when viewed in summer daytime.

I have no idea how difficult this may be to correct, but just thought I'd mention for a possible future update.

Again though, many thanks and very much looking forward to the next instalment.

Regards, Gary.

Hi Gary,

Where does it hit? I have tested with Aerosoft and mine works...Both other things in our set-up might not be equal. It is not a big deal to move the routea bit if I just know where.

And for all the rest of you... Progress is extremely slow due to continued travelling for my job - which of course brings inspiration also for new models, but keeps me from testing and doing routes which happens on a different computer I can't travel with. Many of the ships in the project I saw during travelling.

The real Mercandia IV near the Castle of Elsinore - the scene of Shakespeare's Hamlet - and the below the P3D version.

17020511172716112914825603.jpg

17020406430016112914824561.jpg

and a sistership sailing to Cancun

17020406430916112914824562.jpg

CSCL Callao I saw during a trip in Asia sailing right past the runway of Hong Kong Int

17020405532516112914824378.jpg

Below a contribution from Erwin Welker - the beautiful classic liner Cap San Diego today an active museum ship in Hamburg, but previously sailing between Europe and South America

17020406130716112914824451.jpg

which was also the case for Lloyd Tupiara, which I often saw in Aarhus as a kid

17020501242316112914825302.jpg

Wappen von Hamburg is another contribution from Erwin - she sailed between Hamburg and Helgoland

17020501242416112914825304.jpg

I have added the Baltic Star, which served the same route as Wappen von Hamburg under the name Helgoland and later in the Baltic Sea

17020501242216112914825297.jpg

but also took a turn as hospital ship in Danang, Vietnam

17020501242316112914825301.jpg

and now sails as cruiseship in the Galápagos

17020406424816112914824560.jpg

where you can also find the Coral I cruise yacht

17020501242216112914825298.jpg ... ups that last picture was not from Galápagos but from my Rio de Janeiro test route.

On the same test route Saga Frontier - a model done on the base of a model done by Cxema, who have contributed with parts for couple of models for the next update.

17020501251716112914825305.jpg

• Upvote 1

Some more excellent ocean-going eye candy for the flightsim! You're spoiling us. :cool:

Mark Robinson

Part-time Ferroequinologist

Author of FLIGHT: A near-future short story (ebook available on amazon)

I made the baby cry - A2A Simulations L-049 Constellation

Sky Simulations MD-11 V2.2 Pilot. The best "lite" MD-11 money can buy (well, it's not freeware!)

Some more excellent ocean-going eye candy for the flightsim! You're spoiling us. :cool:

Thanks :D I hope i will manage to get to the point of release some time soon so it can be enjoyed in more than just screenshots.

• Upvote 1

Hi Henrik.

New screens look amazing.

For some reason I can't post a screenshot of my Venice problem - I just get a box requiring me to enter an URL rather than a file location.

You could perhaps PM me an email address - I could send a couple of screenshots that way.

Cheers,  Gary.