Sign in to follow this  
KL791

Global AI Ship Traffic FSX and P3D News and Support

Well, I think the Navy ships are just part of the sea cruise and therefore have their full authority in "Global AI Traffic". If a Navy ship is in the port of Hamburg, Rostock or elsewhere, and an open day is held, you can see thousands of people on board. The ships have incredibly many fans (me as a former marine too).

BTW: Button-Bluebird1.pngGo to the product page (Freeware but registration required)

Grüße / Greetings

aus / from Hamburg (the most beautiful city in the world) grin.gif

Manfred

SimDocks-Logo-dark-grey200px.png

8 hours ago, Bluemarlin said:

Well, I think the Navy ships are just part of the sea cruise and therefore have their full authority in "Global AI Traffic".

I agree, if it adds to the variety and realism, it gets my vote...

Ian S

38.jpg

Just wanted to drop in and say THANKS for the hard work and this amazing contribution Henrik!!!!! Much appreciated!! I love the navy vessels in the sim!!!!

On ‎10‎-‎05‎-‎2017 at 3:43 PM, Slick9 said:

Just wanted to drop in and say THANKS for the hard work and this amazing contribution Henrik!!!!! Much appreciated!! I love the navy vessels in the sim!!!!

Once again on behalf of the whole team thanks for all the comments - to all of you please go ahead and upload your maritime screenshots in this thread - I am sure that there are many beautiful situations there which are worth a good screenshot.

17050701585316112915024620.jpg

Cruise ship Oriana on the Elbe river with ORBX Northern Germany.

17043010304616112915011650.jpg

Kidd class destroyer now serving Taiwan - model by Lazarus - You can find her along the East Coast of Taiwan together with a Knox class frigate made be Alberto Garcia.

17050905300416112915029047.jpg

This is not a new model, but the routes of the Norwegian Hurtigruten have been updated so they fit Finni's ORBX Hammerfest scenery (as well as default)

Hi Alex

that are very good news. I thought you had forgotten my desire for the ship traffic. You know, I love your program.

Grüße / Greetings

Manfred

Hello Alex,
First feedback from me. The new version of Little navMap works perfectly with the ship's display. Two questions I would still have:
1. In which radius are the ships displayed? 200 km is this right?
2. Can you save your own configuration of the program window?

Grüße / Greetings

Manfred

Hi Manfred,

1. SimConnect gives only AI objects within a radius of 200 km. The simulator seems to limit the ship traffic even more. Leisure boats spawn up only 8 nm around the user aircraft.

2. If you mean the window layout, no. Sorry, this is not possible now but I can save this idea for future releases. Not too much effort.

Grüße

Alex

I just tried Little Navmap and after having a hard time just finding out how to connect it to P3D, I finally got it working. And that's what I have been looking for for a long time, a prg that shows the position at names of the AI ships, AND the ai aircrafts as well.

I have to do some reading in the manual to see if it's possible to see the ship routes, show sids and stars in airports and a lot more, but it looks VERY promising.

Will it be possible to make a Connect/Disconnect button in the top bar?

Sincerly JLund 

Jorn Lundtoft

I don't always stop and look at airplanes.........Oh wait, Yes I do.

Intel I7-13700F, 32GB Fury DDR5 - 6000, Kingston 1TB NVMe PCIe 4.0 SSD, Asus Geforce RTX 4070 TI 12GB, Kingston 2TB M2 NVMe SSD, Corsair 750W PCU, Windows 11

Hi Jørn,

you cannot see the ship routes. SimConnect does not provide any route information, sorry. I show departure and destination for AI or multiplayer aircraft if a flight plan is filed, but that's all I can do.

Regarding connect: I'm running out of space in the toolbars and you don't need a connect/disconnect button. :smile:

Select "Connect automatically" in the dialog and then forget the simulator connection. The program will find the simulator no matter what program is started first.

But I can change autoconnect to be switched on per default. This will help new users.

Alex

BTW: Like your signature, but my wife doesn't.:biggrin:

Global AI Ship Traffic: "Maersk Arklansas" and "Caravelas" in front of Salvador / Brasil (Salvador scenery by Paulo Raicardo)

29177281tv.jpg

Grüße / Greetings

Manfred

16 hours ago, Bluemarlin said:

Global AI Ship Traffic: "Maersk Arklansas" and "Caravelas" in front of Salvador / Brasil (Salvador scenery by Paulo Raicardo)

29177281tv.jpg

Below an image I shot in almost the same spot - to the left of the ship above the marina next to the Elevador Lacerda in Salvador, Bahia... I lived there for several months...

17051301105816112915038906.jpg

Above the Sebastiao Caboto in real life... below in the sim in almost the same spot with the Elevador Larceda from Paulo Ricardo's Salvador scenery in the foreground... There is a good ice cream shop where the person in white clothes is standing... :D Behind the ships the Itaparica island

17051312500816112915038871.jpg

and a bit closer...

17051312501516112915038872.jpg

And now we are travelling... Below a small ferry in Guayaquil, Ecuador...

17051301223816112915038914.jpg

and in the sim...

17051312492416112915038866.jpg

and a river boat near Zhuhai, China in the sim...

17040907144116112914973238.jpg

and in Doumen, China - a few kilometres from Zhuhai...

17051301334216112915038921.jpg

and a container barge in Hong Kong in real life... the site of the old Kai Tak in the background...

17051301334916112915038922.jpg

and the model in the Sim - I did not put it in exactly the same place not overload the RAM... but it sails up to Guangzhou like in real life :D

17043010310916112915011652.jpg

Link to the download of the update to Global AI Ship Traffic https://library.avsim.net/esearch.php?CatID=fsxscen&DLID=199700

Is such a joy now to fly around being able to see which ships are in the area and checking them out in my F-16 :-)

One small observation for Henrik, West of the Island of Sylt there's a Russian? trawler on fire with life rafts in the water, but it's still moving. Shouldn't it lay still in the water especially with such a  "slagside til bagbord)? Don't worry folks, Henrik knows what it means :-)

Jørn

Jorn Lundtoft

I don't always stop and look at airplanes.........Oh wait, Yes I do.

Intel I7-13700F, 32GB Fury DDR5 - 6000, Kingston 1TB NVMe PCIe 4.0 SSD, Asus Geforce RTX 4070 TI 12GB, Kingston 2TB M2 NVMe SSD, Corsair 750W PCU, Windows 11