Sign in to follow this  
KL791

Global AI Ship Traffic FSX and P3D News and Support

I have to agree with lzamm - the new add-on.xml method (no - it's been around since v3) is a fantastic tool.

I quite happily ignored it until the recent FSDT update forced me to take a close look

Now using in v3 for all my AI Ship, UK2000 scenery (used to be a real pain to reinstall) , RealAir Aircraft etc

A point some people seem to have missed, you can disable any addon installed this way from within the simulator
Top Menu Bar > Options > Addons - just untick (useful for disabling scenery)

7800X3D  + RTX 4080 + 32GB DDR5

Lagaffe confirmed he will recompile the Calypso so it will just be a temporary loss :D Again to those who do not read all posts: THe folder AI_Calypso in simobjects/boats must be removed to avoid a CTD in P3Dv4.

• Upvote 2

9 hours ago, lzamm said:

I strongly suggest using the new P3D method of installing outside the sim,

Will that method also work with FSX?  Otherwise, there would need to be multiple installation methods.

Ernest Pergrem

Hi Henrik

I've had a good look around Chesapeake Bay at 8 different times of day, and can't see The Bounty. Is it possible to advise or can I look somewhere to see when and where it leaves from?

The good news is that the area is thriving with shipping, both merchant and navy, so if it is present in the area it certainly isn't causing a CTD like The Calypso.

cheers

Ian

Ian S

38.jpg

Ian, have you tried Little NavMap? It can not only show you ai planes, also show ai ships, so it's easy to check which ships are in the area your flying.

Jorn Lundtoft

I don't always stop and look at airplanes.........Oh wait, Yes I do.

Intel I7-13700F, 32GB Fury DDR5 - 6000, Kingston 1TB NVMe PCIe 4.0 SSD, Asus Geforce RTX 4070 TI 12GB, Kingston 2TB M2 NVMe SSD, Corsair 750W PCU, Windows 11

21 minutes ago, jlund said:

Ian, have you tried Little NavMap? It can not only show you ai planes, also show ai ships, so it's easy to check which ships are in the area your flying.

Jorn

I hadn't tried that nifty little device before, but I was very quickly able to find The Bounty, thanks for the tip!

bandicam2017-06-0301-05-35-502.jpg

Some others from Chesapeake Bay for info - 

bandicam2017-06-0300-01-29-278.jpg

bandicam2017-06-0300-10-49-104.jpg

bandicam2017-06-0300-02-02-910.jpg

Ian S

38.jpg

1 hour ago, airernie said:

Will that method also work with FSX?  Otherwise, there would need to be multiple installation methods.

No it won't, however since installation is manual in any case we're only talking about two sets of instructions.

19 minutes ago, Ian S said:

Jorn

I hadn't tried that nifty little device before, but I was very quickly able to find The Bounty, thanks for the tip!

bandicam2017-06-0301-05-35-502.jpg

Some others from Chesapeake Bay for info - 

bandicam2017-06-0300-01-29-278.jpg

bandicam2017-06-0300-10-49-104.jpg

bandicam2017-06-0300-02-02-910.jpg

Great shots and one suspect less😀

There's another little nice add on called FSXatWarConvoyPlanner_P3D which makes it (fairly) easy to make your own ship routes. And as the tittle suggest you can even make whole convoys of ie warships. Do watch the tutorial videos to get the most out of it.

It should even be possible to make ground and airplane traffic as well, but I haven't tried that yet.

Cheers 

Jorn.

SORRY, just read that it might not work with P3D v4.

https://forum.fsxwar.com/viewtopic.php?f=41&t=1263

Jorn Lundtoft

Intel I7-13700F, 32GB Fury DDR5 - 6000, Kingston 1TB NVMe PCIe 4.0 SSD, Asus Geforce RTX 4070 TI 12GB, Kingston 2TB M2 NVMe SSD, Corsair 750W PCU, Windows 11

16 hours ago, KL791 said:

Lagaffe confirmed he will recompile the Calypso so it will just be a temporary loss :D Again to those who do not read all posts: THe folder AI_Calypso in simobjects/boats must be removed to avoid a CTD in P3Dv4.

Many thanks for the info. I was getting a repeatable CTD near PHDH, and disabling Calypso cured it :)

When I fly around the Chesapeake Bay area I see lots of ai aircrafts, but not one single ship. And it's the same which ever time of day I try. If I go to say Hong Kong or Copenhagen, there's plenty of ships all around, so what's going on?

BTW. This is in P3D V3 since I haven't got v4 yet.

Jorn Lundtoft

4 hours ago, jlund said:

When I fly around the Chesapeake Bay area I see lots of ai aircrafts, but not one single ship. And it's the same which ever time of day I try. If I go to say Hong Kong or Copenhagen, there's plenty of ships all around, so what's going on?

BTW. This is in P3D V3 since I haven't got v4 yet.

Could be a local FS9 traffic bgl in some addon...

No, then it would affect all ai ships and ai aircrafts. It's apparently only in the Chesapeake area I don't have any ships, weird!

Jorn Lundtoft

1 hour ago, jlund said:

No, then it would affect all ai ships and ai aircrafts. It's apparently only in the Chesapeake area I don't have any ships, weird!

No, it only affects when it is loaded so you can actually have spots without traffic.