Sign in to follow this  
KL791

Global AI Ship Traffic FSX and P3D News and Support

Are those ships visible in the TCAS? If yes, any idea how to fix this? Just thinking...

Greetings, Chris

Intel i5-13600K, 2x16GB 3200MHz CL14 RAM, MSI RTX 4080 Gaming X, Windows 11 Home, MSFS

Nope, you can't see ai ships with TCAS. There's a great programme called LittleNavMap (just google it) which besides being a flightplanner can show your plane, ai planes AND ai ships. Highly recommended.

• Upvote 1

Jorn Lundtoft

I don't always stop and look at airplanes.........Oh wait, Yes I do.

Intel I7-13700F, 32GB Fury DDR5 - 6000, Kingston 1TB NVMe PCIe 4.0 SSD, Asus Geforce RTX 4070 TI 12GB, Kingston 2TB M2 NVMe SSD, Corsair 750W PCU, Windows 11

On 27.8.2017 at 1:21 PM, Ian S said:

I'd double check the placement of your texture files, re-download if necessary.

I have redownloaded and reinstalled the packages. But no change. these blue tracks are still there!

5 hours ago, andreask said:

I have redownloaded and reinstalled the packages. But no change. these blue tracks are still there!

Are you able to post a picture? Strange lines behind the ships sound like your wake.fx files are missing from your effects folder.

Ian S

38.jpg

Hi everyone,

I can compile a "route" without any problem just with only one boat, the "wash_ferry_sm" the default ship in the map boats from FSX after installation. The traject is correct, compiling without problem. The boat shows up, turns as it should be,  everything works fine

Now, i would like to use a ship from the collection "Global AI Ship Traffic" for instance AI_Statsraad_Lehmkuhl and let it sail in the "kanaal" ...(I have them all in the corresponding FSX maps, they all show up, made many pictures yet...)

Compiles ok, but the ship never shows up....Making the Boat, Plans, Route files exactly as with "wash_ferry_sm" no way, does someone have any idea how that comes...?

Thanks,

Ivan

On ‎29‎-‎08‎-‎2017 at 9:51 AM, Greg Jackson said:

Are river barges i9n the works by chance?

There are already a few included for US and Brazil; I am working on China; Manfred has some available for Germany on www.simdocks.de but let's face it... it is a pain to make river traffic... it will only work with eg FTX installed and still it requires a lot of time to test...

9 hours ago, andreask said:

I guess your problem is related to missing or corrupt default textures - these are not included in the packages. But as Ian says - post a screenshot!

4 hours ago, Ian S said:

Are you able to post a picture? Strange lines behind the ships sound like your wake.fx files are missing from your effects folder.

Ian, thanks to you - and others - for troubleshooting. I have too many things in real life at the moment so no time for "after sales service" :D

Henrik is absolutely right. It is very very time intensive to create river traffic. The reason for this are not the ships, but to create exact routes.

Rivers have many curves, bridges, islands and are usually very tight. All these obstacles must be avoided by the ships, and when they encounter you must try to shape the encounter in such a way that one does not hang on the shore at the evasion maneuver. That all needs a lot of patience.

At the moment I am still working on my Hamburg scenery, but when the project is finished, there will be more river ships. There is no lack of ships, but at the moment there is a lack of time to create the routes.

Grüße / Greetings

aus / from Hamburg (the most beautiful city in the world) grin.gif

Manfred

SimDocks-Logo-dark-grey200px.png

Curiously! That looks like the route lines from Google Earth. Never seen before that these lines are visible. Is there an option in P3D V4 (or an addon) to switch the route lines visible?

Grüße / Greetings

Manfred

Hi Andreas,

do you have installed any addon to edit AI traffic?

Grüße / Greetings

Manfred

1 hour ago, andreask said:

Yes they do!

My team mate Knud has tested and the blue lines appear if you have Navigation Visuals activated :D Try to check your setttings.

Hello,

I installed the replacement effect files from the first post but I'm still seeing the 'heavenly wakes' where the wakes go up in the air instead of on the water..