Sign in to follow this  
KL791

Global AI Ship Traffic FSX and P3D News and Support

I can't get Henrik's Global Shipping to work in P3dV4 no matter how I configure the files.  I have installed directly into P3d, installed via add-on.xml method, etc.  No errors, just no ships.  I have checked for FS9 bgls with AIFP and can find none.  Any suggestions?  If not, will move on.

Regards,

Danny

Danny

Just now, DannyR said:

I can't get Henrik's Global Shipping to work in P3dV4 no matter how I configure the files.  I have installed directly into P3d, installed via add-on.xml method, etc.  No errors, just no ships.  I have checked for FS9 bgls with AIFP and can find none.  Any suggestions?  If not, will move on.

Regards,

Danny

Have you got your Shipping traffic set to 10% or above?

Ian S

38.jpg

Yes.  I can see other AI ships with no problem.  I did finally get the ships to show up and move.  I did have to install them directly into P3DV4.  At least now I know the problem is not related to an FS9 file.  Will continue to work on getting the files outside of P3DV4.

Danny

Danny

Regards,

Danny

When you used the add-on.xml method, were you prompted to activate the addon when you started P3D?

I7-7700k@4.7ghz | 32gb RAM | EVGA GTX1080 8gb | Mostly P3Dv5 (also IL2:BoX, DCS, XP11)

Yes.  I also checked to once P3D started to ensure the add-on had been activated and it had.  Rather puzzling.  I have several other addons that I installed using the exterior addon process that run with no problem.

Danny

Danny

So I do not use the XML method because I do not like it.

The easiest way to install Global AI Ship Traffic (and all other senerys, traffic etc.) is as follows:

1. Copy the unpacked download folder to a drive of your choice.

2. Insert the paths to the SimObjects, Effects, and Sound folders into the appropriate config files at C: \ ProgramData \ LockheedMartin \ Prepare3D V4 \.

3. Register the Scenery \ World \ Scenery folder from the download in the Scenery library.

finished.

By the way, the ship traffic in the P3D needs only to be set to 5%, since all ships from Henriks package(s) already drive from 5%.

Grüße / Greetings

aus / from Hamburg (the most beautiful city in the world) grin.gif

Manfred

SimDocks-Logo-dark-grey200px.png

Another one for the collection even íf development goes very slow at the moment.

17100104134416112915296694.jpg

17100104134216112915296693.jpg

• Upvote 5

Next a Norwegian fishing vessel Frantsen Junior:

17100805420116112915307032.jpg

17100805420116112915307031.jpg

17100805420116112915307030.jpg

• Upvote 2

Looking good Henrik!

Ian S

38.jpg

4 hours ago, Milton Waddams said:

Any word on 4.1 compatibility?

I haven't heard of any specific information. However all previous updates have gone virtually seamlessly. The only glitch was some FS9 boats that needed to be updated with the arrival of v4, but that shouldn't be an issue moving to 4.1.

Ian S

38.jpg

On ‎10‎-‎10‎-‎2017 at 8:02 PM, Milton Waddams said:

Any word on 4.1 compatibility?

So far it looks good, but all feedback is welcome. LM did add some additional options for the sim.cfg for boats, which I look forward to test. For the time being just focusing on next update - here another Norwegian fishing vessel

17101507304416112915318696.jpg

9 minutes ago, KL791 said:

So far it looks good, but all feedback is welcome. LM did add some additional options for the sim.cfg for boats, which I look forward to test. For the time being just focusing on next update - here another Norwegian fishing vessel

I notice there are few ship duplicates in V1/V2, ie:

AI_La_Recouvrance
AI_Supramax_Bulk_Carrier
AI_Supramax_Bulk_2008
AI_Calypso
AI_AC_Sailboat

Does not seem to cause any problems unless you open up Sim Director and you get a warning about duplicate names not being allowed. ??

Thanks,
gb.

YSSY. Win 10, 6700K@4.8, Corsair H115i Cooler, RTX 4070Ti, 32GB G.Skill Trident Z F4-3200, Samsung 960 EVO M.2 256GB, ASUS Maximus VIII Ranger, Corsair HX850i 850W, Thermaltake Core X31 Case, Samsung 4K 65" TV.

4 hours ago, gboz said:

I notice there are few ship duplicates in V1/V2, ie:

AI_La_Recouvrance
AI_Supramax_Bulk_Carrier
AI_Supramax_Bulk_2008
AI_Calypso
AI_AC_Sailboat

Does not seem to cause any problems unless you open up Sim Director and you get a warning about duplicate names not being allowed. ??

Thanks,
gb.

Hi,

Something seems to have gone wrong when you have installed - normally they should have overwritten. You will have to do again because the original ones include FS9 animations and even if they appear to be okay they are not. Once the sim load them you will have a CTD so reinstall the latest version on top and accept overwrite.

Henrik

32 minutes ago, KL791 said:

Hi,

Something seems to have gone wrong when you have installed - normally they should have overwritten. You will have to do again because the original ones include FS9 animations and even if they appear to be okay they are not. Once the sim load them you will have a CTD so reinstall the latest version on top and accept overwrite.

Henrik

Ok, will do.

Thanks,
gb.

YSSY. Win 10, 6700K@4.8, Corsair H115i Cooler, RTX 4070Ti, 32GB G.Skill Trident Z F4-3200, Samsung 960 EVO M.2 256GB, ASUS Maximus VIII Ranger, Corsair HX850i 850W, Thermaltake Core X31 Case, Samsung 4K 65" TV.