Sign in to follow this  
KL791

Global AI Ship Traffic FSX and P3D News and Support

I noticed a black (no textures) ship in the North Sea today when I was flying from Amsterdam Schiphol to Southampton. Has this been reported by anone else? This is in P3D v3.3.5.

Christopher Low

UK2000 Beta Tester

FSBetaTesters3.png

On 9/4/2017 at 11:59 AM, Gridley said:

Here's a simple way to install this excellent package into P3Dv4 (will not work for other sim versions) using the new add-on.xml method.

As of 04 SEPT 2017:

1. Download Global AI Ship Traffic V1
  2. Extract it into a temporary folder
  3. Download 200 AI Ships and AI Ship Traffic V2
  4. Extract that into a temporary folder
  5. Move all six folders (Effects, Images, Scenery, Simobjects, Sound, route maps) from the V2 temporary folder INTO the V1 temporary folder.  Over-write all files. I also renamed the V1 folder to V1+2 to indicate the two have been combined
  6. Create a new text file named "add-on.xml" in the main V1+2 folder and add this text then save:
    <SimBase.Document Type="AddOnXml" version="4,0" id="add-on">
        <AddOn.Name>Global AI Ship Traffic V1+2</AddOn.Name>
        <AddOn.Description>Global AI Shipping by Henrik Nielsen</AddOn.Description>
        <AddOn.Component>
            <Category>SimObjects</Category>
            <Path>SimObjects\Boats</Path>
        </AddOn.Component>
    	<AddOn.Component>
            <Category>SimObjects</Category>
            <Path>SimObjects\Animals</Path>
        </AddOn.Component>
        <AddOn.Component>
            <Category>Scenery</Category>
            <Path>Scenery\World\Scenery</Path>
            <Name>Global AI shipping traffic</Name>
        </AddOn.Component>
        <AddOn.Component>
            <Category>Effects</Category>
            <Path>\Effects</Path>
        </AddOn.Component>
        <AddOn.Component>
            <Category>Sound</Category>
            <Path>Sound</Path>
        </AddOn.Component>
    </SimBase.Document>

Or you can download my add-on.xml file HERE

8. Move this V1+2 folder to "My Documents/Prepar3D v4 Add-ons" (or other folder you've set up to contain your P3Dv4 addons)

The next time you start P3Dv4, you should be prompted to activate this addon - click yes.

All set!

Please let me know if you test this and how it works for you!  I've only tested in the Boston/Providence/NY/NJ areas so far, but working fine.

Thanks,

sg

Do you have to install all of the files in the v1 download (i.e. East Cost, Caribean etc etc ) or just the v1 file called "Global AI Ship Trafic V1" and then the 200 ships V2?

Mark W   CYYZ      

My Simhttps://goo.gl/photos/oic45LSoaHKEgU8E9

My Concorde Tutorial Videos available here:  https://www.youtube.com/user/UPS1000

IS it necessary to make a addon xml file? Can't they just be installed as usual (effects to effects, sound to sounds, aiships to simobjects/boats, routes to scenery/world/scenery) ?

Jorn Lundtoft

I don't always stop and look at airplanes.........Oh wait, Yes I do.

Intel I7-13700F, 32GB Fury DDR5 - 6000, Kingston 1TB NVMe PCIe 4.0 SSD, Asus Geforce RTX 4070 TI 12GB, Kingston 2TB M2 NVMe SSD, Corsair 750W PCU, Windows 11

You don´t need a XML file. You can install with the old methode like you descriped above or you leave the files in the download folders and enter the paths for the ships, the anmials, the effects and the sounds in the respective cfg file (SimObjects.cfg, effects.cfg and sound.cfg). Finally, you have to register the scene in the Libary - that´s all.

Grüße / Greetings

aus / from Hamburg (the most beautiful city in the world) grin.gif

Manfred

SimDocks-Logo-dark-grey200px.png

21 hours ago, MarkW said:

Do you have to install all of the files in the v1 download (i.e. East Cost, Caribean etc etc ) or just the v1 file called "Global AI Ship Trafic V1" and then the 200 ships V2?

Hi

To clarify this - install first Global AI Ship Traffic V1 and next 200 AI Ships and AI Ship Traffic V2.

Soon there should be a new update out but still too early to put a date.

17122205131116112915422562.jpg

17122205190416112915422563.jpg

• Upvote 2

On ‎08‎-‎12‎-‎2017 at 9:46 PM, Christopher Low said:

I noticed a black (no textures) ship in the North Sea today when I was flying from Amsterdam Schiphol to Southampton. Has this been reported by anone else? This is in P3D v3.3.5.

Sorry for late answer... Without a picture it is difficult to say. Over time there has been some ships with missing textures, so it is possible, but it would be good to know if you have the latest version installed. I do know of one texture issue, which will be corrected with the next update.

Any update on the next update :-) 

• Upvote 1

Jorn Lundtoft

I don't always stop and look at airplanes.........Oh wait, Yes I do.

Intel I7-13700F, 32GB Fury DDR5 - 6000, Kingston 1TB NVMe PCIe 4.0 SSD, Asus Geforce RTX 4070 TI 12GB, Kingston 2TB M2 NVMe SSD, Corsair 750W PCU, Windows 11

Once again my compliments to the team on this project.  I was parked at KJFK the other day and the rivers and ports were loaded with ships.

• Upvote 1

Ernest Pergrem

Thanks 😀 Regards to update things again delayed. Some nice new models from different contributors are on their way, I also started up a few additional models, and then family and work is a bit dragging out things but it will be worth waiting for.

• Upvote 1

Some news... the next update will include a bunch of ferries from the Mediterranean Sea, the Baltic Sea, and one of the ferries crossing from China to South Corea.

18012704110116112915507012.jpg

18012704110116112915507013.jpg

18012704110216112915507014.jpg

• Upvote 2

1 hour ago, KL791 said:

Some news... the next update will include a bunch of ferries from the Mediterranean Sea, the Baltic Sea, and one of the ferries crossing from China to South Corea.

18012704110116112915507012.jpg

18012704110116112915507013.jpg

18012704110216112915507014.jpg

Looks amazing!

Fantastic stuff Henrik!

Ian S

38.jpg

Thanks for the nice feedback... A few more variants - I like when the shipyards do long series and the shipowners provide many different liveries - maybe one day the ugly default ferries of FSX will be something of the past :D

18012809452016112915509980.jpg

18012809452016112915509979.jpg

• Upvote 2