Sign in to follow this  
KL791

Global AI Ship Traffic FSX and P3D News and Support

Just a quick word - thanks for an amazing package of ship traffic - makes sim look great - thanks again.

Denis B

13 minutes ago, bursco said:

Just a quick word - thanks for an amazing package of ship traffic - makes sim look great - thanks again.

Denis B

You are welcome - it is great to receive continued positive feedback on this project, which started as just a small thing but appears to have become an integral part of the sim experience for many simmers :D We will keep up the work - there are plenty of new things coming - and to Oriusmagus - also in the Mediterranean. I am aware that in particular the Greek islands are still "underserviced" with ship traffic.

• Upvote 4

Nice with some more ai ships in the Meditaranian, The more the merrier :-)

As the Beach Boys sings: "Wouldn't i be nice" if Manfred, you or one of the other designers, would make some kind of GUI program where we could make our own ai ship routes, something like AIFP for planes. I know ai ships doesn't work the same way as ai planes, but is it not realistic or what will be the problem in designing such a program?

Jørn L.

Jorn Lundtoft

I don't always stop and look at airplanes.........Oh wait, Yes I do.

Intel I7-13700F, 32GB Fury DDR5 - 6000, Kingston 1TB NVMe PCIe 4.0 SSD, Asus Geforce RTX 4070 TI 12GB, Kingston 2TB M2 NVMe SSD, Corsair 750W PCU, Windows 11

32 minutes ago, jlund said:

Nice with some more ai ships in the Meditaranian, The more the merrier :-)

As the Beach Boys sings: "Wouldn't i be nice" if Manfred, you or one of the other designers, would make some kind of GUI program where we could make our own ai ship routes, something like AIFP for planes. I know ai ships doesn't work the same way as ai planes, but is it not realistic or what will be the problem in designing such a program?

Jørn L.

The program exists... It is called AIBTC... Combine it with GoogleEarth and Notepad and you're already well on the way. You can find it below.

http://lc0277.gratisim.fr/boat/

Yeah I know that one, but after a couple of unsuccesful attempts, I gave up on it.

Something with a built in map where we can pick departure harbor i.e Rønne and destination harbour ie. Ystad, pick dep. time an vehicle and choose if it will dock or turn oitside the harbour and return to Rønne. The prg. you mention (as I understand it) CAN do these things, but takes some "programming" skills with notepad, routes, schedules, kml files etc. Was just hoping it could be made in a more user friendly GUI kind of program. It''s a pretty old prg from 2006? so a more modern one would be nice.

Jorn Lundtoft

Intel I7-13700F, 32GB Fury DDR5 - 6000, Kingston 1TB NVMe PCIe 4.0 SSD, Asus Geforce RTX 4070 TI 12GB, Kingston 2TB M2 NVMe SSD, Corsair 750W PCU, Windows 11

4 hours ago, jlund said:

Yeah I know that one, but after a couple of unsuccessful attempts, I gave up on it.

Why not download Visual Studio and give it a go?  It would make for a great learning project if you're not already into coding.

Ernest Pergrem

From what I can see, Visual studio is an app/prg. to make applications right? I couldn't figure out to use AIBTC, and now you want me to develop my own program..

I'm past that age (yes, I'm old) where I can wrap my head around that kind of things, so that's not gonna happen.So for now I'll stick to Henrik's finished ai ships, and then hope that someday there will be a program that can do what I want.

But thanks for the suggestion.

Jorn Lundtoft

Hi jlund,

i have made thousands of routes and timetables with aibtc!

Which routes with which ships do you need?

Heiko

• Upvote 1

I agree Heiko - once you get started AIBTC is not that complicated.  Programing of AI ship traffic is also different than AI air traffic because you need to draw the entire path to avoid islands, bridges, etc... Doing a special tool for that I think would be quite cumbersome... at least it is far beyond my skills which are more on the creative side making small cozy Norwegian fishing boats :D

18012909245716112915518153.jpg

• Upvote 1

Do you know if there's a video tutorial showing how to use AIBTC?  I'm better at learning things by seeing it than reading about it.

Jorn Lundtoft

3 minutes ago, jlund said:

Do you know if there's a video tutorial showing how to use AIBTC?  I'm better at learning things by seeing it than reading about it.

I just did a short search on youtube and what I saw was not really helpful. But as Heiko said - tell what you are looking for - maybe we can guide you through the steps.

Hi Jorn if you can understand German, there is a comlete Step-by-Step Tutorial to creat AI ship traffic as PDF (download HERE). Unfortunately, I did not found time yet to translate it into English (maybe you can manage with Google Translate?)

Grüße / Greetings

aus / from Hamburg (the most beautiful city in the world) grin.gif

Manfred

SimDocks-Logo-dark-grey200px.png

I already have this tutorial, but google translate can't do it in pdf files, only webpages. I do read a llittle german, but not enough to make much sense of it. But thanks a lot for the tip. It clearly shows that it's not as simple to make new ai ship routes as I thought and hoped, it would be. :-)

Jorn Lundtoft