Sign in to follow this  
KL791

Global AI Ship Traffic FSX and P3D News and Support

7 hours ago, Diigg said:

Hello, @KL791 Any news when the new package will be available?

A new beta is being released today 😄 Final version should be on Friday. I really hope there is nothing more to correct…

Of course a few more things were added - principally small things liking fishing boats that I saw during my holiday in South America...

19090110550716112916388272.jpg

19090110050816112916388160.jpg

19090110050816112916388161.jpg

Edited by KL791
  • Like 5

2 hours ago, KL791 said:

A new beta is being released today 😄 Final version should be on Friday. I really hope there is nothing more to correct…

Of course a few more things were added - principally small things liking fishing boats that I saw during my holiday in South America...

19090110550716112916388272.jpg

19090110050816112916388160.jpg

19090110050816112916388161.jpg

Thought the beta testing was completed 3 month ago in June and we was just waiting for the upload and release.  Obviously not!

Edited by soerennielsen

31 minutes ago, soerennielsen said:

Thought the beta testing was completed 3 month ago in June and we was just waiting for the upload and release.  Obviously not!

It was... but then I went on holiday without connection but with the computer... so a small boat once in a while...and then fighting with a lot of small corrections - still today I found a displaced smoke and wake on a ship from last year... But Friday it will be...

And before you say anything - this ship was done last year, but I actually never tested the route entering Buenos Aires harbour before yesterday...

19091509100316112916409672.jpg

And this one is an old one... Sebastian Viale's VAR repainted as ARA Patagonia from the Argentinian Navy followed by the ARA Almirante Brown - a Meko 360 frigate.

19091509100216112916409671.jpg

19091509100216112916409670.jpg

Edited by KL791
  • Like 2

Ups another one...

19091510284516112916409765.jpg

HMS Vanguard arriving home in the Scottish mist...

• Like 2

On 7/19/2019 at 10:50 AM, MarkW said:

This project just blows my mind.

My feelings are why stress about the release date. It's going to be amazing no matter when it's ready for release.

Edited by airernie
  • Like 2

Ernest Pergrem

AMAZING>>>!!!

What's the FPS hit when running this in P3dv4?

Currently have my AI ships slider at 20% with the stock naval traffic...

Thanks!

Chris Camp

32 minutes ago, Kilo60 said:

AMAZING>>>!!!

What's the FPS hit when running this in P3dv4?

Currently have my AI ships slider at 20% with the stock naval traffic...

Thanks!

The Global AI Shipping instructions say to set the Shipping Traffic level to 5% and if I recall correctly going higher won't affect the number of ships seen.  Basically, the way that ESP (FSX/P3D) works, you set a range for the object(s) you place to become visible at, and with Global AI Shipping Hendrick set that to 5%.

I don't notice any FPS hit at 5%.

Dave Hodges

System Specs:  I9-13900KF, NVIDIA 4070TI, Quest 3, Multiple Displays, Lots of TERRIFIC friends, 3 cats, and a wonderfully stubborn wife.

The new routes are mostly adding where there was little or nothing before or increasing in areas where users have asked for increased traffic - and ships are out to sea, where there is nothing - so the performance impact is insignificant - further I still start tests in FSX and models still stick to the original thinking of being AI objects so low draw call and not exceeding vertices with e.g. loads of detailed people on board. The newer models are more detailed, but they are better optimized. A few models designed by others and not following entirely the same principles are included despite being a bit more consuming, but I have tried my best not to put them in areas with dense sceneries - e.g. the PNW area. Those who have tested in P3Dv4 have not reported any issues at all. One small thing however is that AI do take time to load at start up - I made a test in a clean FSX installation and noticed aprox 25 second additional load time on a normal office PC. 

19091511492116112916409800.jpg

Ex-British Type 21 frigate currently serving Pakistan

19091509100116112916409665.jpg

Tanker in Belem, Brazil

• Like 3

Amazing work KL791.

thanks for making our sim more living and for giving it to us without any fees or smtg. Like this. Really appreciate your work and love for our community.

Thank you Bro !

Carsten U

What's the recommendation when running this with Addons that add their own AI ships both traffic and static (I.E. FlyTampa St Marteen and Hong Kong VHHX).

Should the AI ships in these addon be set to off?

I like having busy harbors with GA ships docked outside.

Chris Camp

45 minutes ago, Kilo60 said:

What's the recommendation when running this with Addons that add their own AI ships both traffic and static (I.E. FlyTampa St Marteen and Hong Kong VHHX).

Should the AI ships in these addon be set to off?

I like having busy harbors with GA ships docked outside.

it depends on the add-on... The shipping for Flytampa Hong Kong Kai tak  did at least in previous versions give problems and needed to be deactivated, but I do not know with the newest version - think it is now compatible, but start it up and take a look, if it doesn't work deactivate the shipping. St Marteen I think was okay - some other addons like LATINVFR New Orleans will give no problem as I did the traffic for them 😄

1 hour ago, KL791 said:

it depends on the add-on... The shipping for Flytampa Hong Kong Kai tak  did at least in previous versions give problems and needed to be deactivated, but I do not know with the newest version - think it is now compatible, but start it up and take a look, if it doesn't work deactivate the shipping. St Marteen I think was okay - some other addons like LATINVFR New Orleans will give no problem as I did the traffic for them 😄

Nice lol!

Chris Camp

Hi, it looks very good. Looking forward to Friday to try it over the weekend.
A doubt I have. In this release will be only the new models or also all the previous ones?
Thank you

Any difference in the way to install them? Will they be in two different packs or have you made any type of installer?

Jorn Lundtoft

I don't always stop and look at airplanes.........Oh wait, Yes I do.

Intel I7-13700F, 32GB Fury DDR5 - 6000, Kingston 1TB NVMe PCIe 4.0 SSD, Asus Geforce RTX 4070 TI 12GB, Kingston 2TB M2 NVMe SSD, Corsair 750W PCU, Windows 11