Sign in to follow this  
KL791

Global AI Ship Traffic FSX and P3D News and Support

On ‎10‎/‎1‎/‎2019 at 9:00 PM, Drebing said:

I can unfortunately only do it in a few days. Then I try that again.

No problem - we will look at it then.  Knud - one of the betatesters looked  a bit into this yesterday - the Triumph  acted completely normally on it's route. But opening the traffic toolbox Knud actually managed to get a ship onto the runway.  But it didn't get there by itself... He had to open the traffic toolbox, click on a ship and then.... Did you by any chance have the traffic toolbox open when or before the problem appeared?

I can't reproduce this fail. With time of day and circumstances, the "Triumph London" in EGKK no longer appeared. Maybe P3D misloaded the .bgl file or something like that.
The mistake seems to have been unique.

flbnhekl.png

20 hours ago, Drebing said:

I can't reproduce this fail. With time of day and circumstances, the "Triumph London" in EGKK no longer appeared. Maybe P3D misloaded the .bgl file or something like that.
The mistake seems to have been unique.

Thanks for returning. We leave it for now - we have not been able to reproduce it either under normal flight - at least not without "tricking" the sim by selecting a ship in the traffic toolbox.

On 9/26/2019 at 11:31 PM, xTiMm_ said:

Hi, since I've installed the global AI ship package freshly on my P3D v4.5 I get several CTD during my flights.
Just so that you know. Before I did not have one CTD.

I too have been experiencing PC freezes (not CTDs, freezes) since freshly installing this latest shipping package.  I have had no issues whatsoever with P3D for ages -- these freezes are only a recent thing. I began stress testing my PC thinking the issue could be due to overheating or bad RAM, etc. But everything has checked out fine so far.  However, in the back of my mind, I was aware that the last change I made to my P3D was to install this new shipping package.  I have therefore been returning here to this forum to see if anybody else was reporting crashes or freezing.  Seeing this post from xTiMm has now made me suspect my freezing issue could be due to the new installation of the ships. I may try reverting back to the previous shipping package, which gave me no problems whatsoever, to test and see if the freezing issue gets resolved.

Where and when did I fly?  Australia.  First flight was Woomera (YPWR) to Adelaide (YPAD). Majestic Dash 8 Q400. The PC freeze occurred just as I began my decent in to Adelaide.  Second flight was Adelaide (YPAD) to Melbourne (YMML). FSLabs A320X. Similar to the first flight, the PC freeze occurred just as I began my decent in to Melbourne.

How was it installed?  As per the instructions in the text file. I first manually uninstalled all the ships from the previous package … removing the .BGLs and all respective folders from the appropriate directories. This left me with a sim that did not have any of the ships, effects, sounds or animals installed.  I then manually installed / copied everything from the new package back in to the appropriate directories.  Note that I did not install the new package in to it's own (addons) folder, instead installing the shipping folders in to the relevant individual directories within the sim ... SimObjects, Effects, Sounds, etc.

Did I make any other changes to my sim in recent days?  Only this shipping package.  My P3D has not given me any issues at all for a long time now.  It has been flawless.  I do not tweak my settings.  I have not made any other changes.  The PC freezes only started recently, seemingly coinciding with the installation of this new shipping package.  The reason why I did not initially suspect my freezing issue was due to the new shipping package was because it is a freezing issue as opposed to a CTD issue (a freezing issue makes me suspect PC hardware, not software), and because nobody else had reported it here (until now) in this forum. Not to mention the number of times I've read posts in this forum about Hendrick's (and others') extensive testing of ships and textures etc.  However, since xTiMm's post, I am now suspecting my issue could be due to the new ships; and not a hardware issue.

Which add-ons did I use where I started? Active Sky (ASP4), EZdok, and FSRealTime.

I am running P3Dv4.5 with Hotfix 1 (I have not installed Hotfix 2 yet -- I want to solve the PC freeze issues first, before I install Hotfix 2.)

Edited by freddy_

Regards,

Freddy

3 hours ago, freddy_ said:

I too have been experiencing PC freezes (not CTDs, freezes) since freshly installing this latest shipping package.  I have had no issues whatsoever with P3D for ages -- these freezes are only a recent thing. I began stress testing my PC thinking the issue could be due to overheating or bad RAM, etc. But everything has checked out fine so far.  However, in the back of my mind, I was aware that the last change I made to my P3D was to install this new shipping package.  I have therefore been returning here to this forum to see if anybody else was reporting crashes or freezing.  Seeing this post from xTiMm has now made me suspect my freezing issue could be due to the new installation of the ships. I may try reverting back to the previous shipping package, which gave me no problems whatsoever, to test and see if the freezing issue gets resolved.

Where and when did I fly?  Australia.  First flight was Woomera (YPWR) to Adelaide (YPAD). Majestic Dash 8 Q400. The PC freeze occurred just as I began my decent in to Adelaide.  Second flight was Adelaide (YPAD) to Melbourne (YMML). FSLabs A320X. Similar to the first flight, the PC freeze occurred just as I began my decent in to Melbourne.

How was it installed?  As per the instructions in the text file. I first manually uninstalled all the ships from the previous package … removing the .BGLs and all respective folders from the appropriate directories. This left me with a sim that did not have any of the ships, effects, sounds or animals installed.  I then manually installed / copied everything from the new package back in to the appropriate directories.  Note that I did not install the new package in to it's own (addons) folder, instead installing the shipping folders in to the relevant individual directories within the sim ... SimObjects, Effects, Sounds, etc.

Did I make any other changes to my sim in recent days?  Only this shipping package.  My P3D has not given me any issues at all for a long time now.  It has been flawless.  I do not tweak my settings.  I have not made any other changes.  The PC freezes only started recently, seemingly coinciding with the installation of this new shipping package.  The reason why I did not initially suspect my freezing issue was due to the new shipping package was because it is a freezing issue as opposed to a CTD issue (a freezing issue makes me suspect PC hardware, not software), and because nobody else had reported it here (until now) in this forum. Not to mention the number of times I've read posts in this forum about Hendrick's (and others') extensive testing of ships and textures etc.  However, since xTiMm's post, I am now suspecting my issue could be due to the new ships; and not a hardware issue.

Which add-ons did I use where I started? Active Sky (ASP4), EZdok, and FSRealTime.

I am running P3Dv4.5 with Hotfix 1 (I have not installed Hotfix 2 yet -- I want to solve the PC freeze issues first, before I install Hotfix 2.)

We will test fly, but the route you took from Woomera is inland and the only two shipping routes into Adelaide are old routes which have not had any issues before - there is nothing new in that area at all and traffic is during most of your trip far away and light with no challenging models, so I doubt there is a relation unless the freezing is due to a general issue with the shipping globally, but again then there would have been a tsunami of messages and we should have seen something in the beta test.  From Adelaide to Melbourne there is some new traffic, but these are the Volvo Ocean Race boats which are extremely well tested in all the newer versions of P3D. if you just remove the traffic files you can quickly test - then nothing will be called by the sim.

19060207161816112916260115.jpg

Our Danish beta tester has spent the day over Southern Australia with no problems in P3Dv4.5 hotfix 2. Now that is no guarantee - some add-ons can cause issues - in a previous version of Flytampa Kaitak activating the AI ships in Flytampa together with the AI Ships of the Global Ai Ship Traffic project caused a CTD due to different ways the AI worked. So do you have any other add-ons with ships installed ? 

Edited by KL791

Slightly late to the V2 install party, but a heartfelt thank you for updating my FSX real ships population!:cool:

• Like 1

Mark Robinson

Part-time Ferroequinologist

Author of FLIGHT: A near-future short story (ebook available on amazon)

I made the baby cry - A2A Simulations L-049 Constellation

Sky Simulations MD-11 V2.2 Pilot. The best "lite" MD-11 money can buy (well, it's not freeware!)

3 hours ago, KL791 said:

Our Danish beta tester has spent the day over Southern Australia with no problems in P3Dv4.5 hotfix 2. Now that is no guarantee - some add-ons can cause issues - in a previous version of Flytampa Kaitak activating the AI ships in Flytampa together with the AI Ships of the Global Ai Ship Traffic project caused a CTD due to different ways the AI worked. So do you have any other add-ons with ships installed ? 

I appreciate the time and effort of both yourself and the Danish beta tester.  I haven't yet had a chance to run my own test (remove the ships), but based on your two responses, I am inclined to agree that there is probably no relation between the ships and my PC freezing.  In fact, as you read in my initial post, I did not immediately suspect the shipping package due to my issue looking and feeling more like a hardware freeze. And your post(s) appear to confirm that thinking.

Do I have any other addons?  I have run P3D for a long time now, with no issues at all. Other than the addons I mentioned in my initial post (Active Sky [ASP4], EZdok and FSRealTime), the only other thing worth mentioning is ORBX Global for scenery. But, I have flown in Southern Australia many, many times, with all of those addons, and had no issues.  So I don't think those addons are the cause of the problem. Actually, come to think of it, ORBX Global recently had an update. Hmmm.

At this stage, I will continue to run my own tests and stress test the PC. I thank you and the Danish tester for your time and responses.  As I said, I haven't yet had a chance to remove the ships as part of my own testing, but I agree that it now doesn't look likely that the ships are the cause of my problem.  Therefore, I will leave the removal of the ships for now.  I will do that test only at the very end, once I believe I have exhausted everything else.

And, great package by the way.  The ships looks fantastic and the realism you've added to the sim is just awesome.  Throw in the support you offer, and you should be congratulated on all levels.  It's great stuff.

Thanks again.

Edited by freddy_
  • Like 1

Regards,

Freddy

Hi guys, this is one of my all time favorite packages to add into the sim.. However I've always had this strange problem with lines going through the wakes but never bothered asking. Any ideas/solutions? P3D 4.5 

And to help the lines are only visible from far.. mip mapping issue maybe ? 

tc0W0CF.jpg

On ‎10‎/‎16‎/‎2019 at 10:11 AM, Ridvan Celik said:

Hi guys, this is one of my all time favorite packages to add into the sim.. However I've always had this strange problem with lines going through the wakes but never bothered asking. Any ideas/solutions? P3D 4.5 

And to help the lines are only visible from far.. mip mapping issue maybe ? 

tc0W0CF.jpg

Hi

I am aware of the issue, however I do not have a solution on hand - especially as it doesn't seem to be a constant thing. Now that the ships are released I might try to look into it for an eventual patch. However, it is only an issue in some versions and it actually occurs with a standard wake also. 

Henrik

• Like 1

Thank you very much for your reply. 

I look forward to an update in the future. Great stuff!

Ridvan Celik 

Hi, first of all may I say congratulations on an amazing addon.  It’s great flying over these beautiful vessels and adds some life to the seas!

I am having an issue with sound.  I can be parked up at an airport many miles inland and yet I can hear the sound of a large ship’s engines as if it is just passing nearby.

is there a way I can reduce this or if not, what would be the best way of removing the ship sounds?

Warbird and GA pilot on P3Dv5 & MSFS

Dreamsofwings YouTube channel

I´ve had the previous version in my old system. Now I am going to (I have to) install everything to my new pc. If I install the all new 200 AI Ship and Traffic FSX and P3D v2, do I need any other of the older packages?

On ‎10‎/‎19‎/‎2019 at 5:26 AM, Dreamsofwings1 said:

Hi, first of all may I say congratulations on an amazing addon.  It’s great flying over these beautiful vessels and adds some life to the seas!

I am having an issue with sound.  I can be parked up at an airport many miles inland and yet I can hear the sound of a large ship’s engines as if it is just passing nearby.

is there a way I can reduce this or if not, what would be the best way of removing the ship sounds?

The easy one is to remove the extra sound files added with the project... The more cumbersome is to change the values in each of the wake effect files.

• Like 1

On ‎10‎/‎19‎/‎2019 at 11:35 AM, kiki said:

I´ve had the previous version in my old system. Now I am going to (I have to) install everything to my new pc. If I install the all new 200 AI Ship and Traffic FSX and P3D v2, do I need any other of the older packages?

200 AI Ships is not the newest file! The newest version is not available on avsim due to size limitation. You can find the newest version Global AI Ship Traffic V2  on www.simviation.com or on www.flightsimnorway.com. If you do not have premium membership on simviation and experience problem with download speed I recommend download from flightsimnorway.

With the newest file you don't need any other downloads and you will have all the close to 1100 ships.