Sign in to follow this  
KL791

Global AI Ship Traffic FSX and P3D News and Support

Unfortunately some of my and other authors ships have been included in a Syrian Coast project released on Rikooo without appropriate permission - please do not download and install as it is incompatible with the Global AI Ship Traffic Project. If you already did - you should reinstall the Global AI Ship Traffic project overwriting files from the Syrian Coast project.

The Syrian Coast scenery which corrupted the Global AI Ship Traffic has now been taken down from Rikoooo and will be replaced with a file without ships from Global AI Ship Traffic. For those who eventually installed this scenery and had already Global AI Ship Traffic installed you will have lost maybe 10-15% of the global AI ship traffic as the Syrian project overwrote the sim.cfgs in several ship folders from the Global AI Ship Traffic and removed a large number of ships. I will post a patch over the weekend so that you don't have to reinstall everything.

• Upvote 1

Patch to repair dammage from Syrian Coast project

Below is a patch for Global AI Ship Traffic to be used in case you have installed Syrian Coast by name withdrawn available on Rikooo.com in January or February 2020. The Syrian Coast project included without permission a number of ships and effects from the Global AI Ship Traffic project and was consequently removed from download by Rikoooo on February 7th.
The damage occurred when the Syrian Coast project on installation replaced the sim.cfg's in the boat file folders and thereby removed a great number of ships from the Global AI ship traffic.

To repair the damage please install the files in this patch overwriting the respective folders in your FSX or P3D installation.

The files included in this patch must under no circumstances be uploaded to any site or shared individually or as a whole without prior written permission from me.

https://www.dropbox.com/s/bumflbaive0fifk/Patch Global AI Ship Traffic.zip?dl=0

• Upvote 1

After the above mess I am back in the creative corner testing the Royal Navy landing in San Carlos Bay in 1982...

20021606302316112916649667.jpg

20021606302216112916649665.jpg

20021606344416112916649681.jpg

• Like 4

And here the classic cruise liner SS Canberra

20021607065616112916649745.jpg

20021607112716112916649748.jpg

• Like 4

Another one of the participants in the Royal Navy landing in San Carlos Bay

20021606302216112916649663.jpg

• Like 3

The Falklands version of SS Canberra with helipads and crates with military equipment instead of the first class swimming pool and bar areas is now finished 😄

20022305244116112916657073.jpg

SkippyBing provided a Wessex for the forward helipad while the second is available to land on.

20022305240716112916657071.jpg

In total three versions of the Canberra will be released - below the night lightning on the pre-Falklands version with open lifeboats.

20022408583116112916659111.jpg

Edited by KL791
  • Like 1

The textures and lighting look very realistic. Very good work Henrik smilie_op_014.gif

• Upvote 1

Grüße / Greetings

aus / from Hamburg (the most beautiful city in the world) grin.gif

Manfred

SimDocks-Logo-dark-grey200px.png

Hi, I have this issue. Several ships are shown only when I am a few hundreds of meters from them. Otherwise I can see only wakes and smokes.
I have Fsx- Sp2, Win10, Nvidia mx110 (notebook), and Steve Dx10 fixer/Dx10 ensbled.

Thanks in advance

No, no changes required. It works together without problems

• Like 1

Grüße / Greetings

aus / from Hamburg (the most beautiful city in the world) grin.gif

Manfred

SimDocks-Logo-dark-grey200px.png

17 hours ago, espresso said:

Any word on P3Dv5 compatibility?

Yes, it should be compatible 😄

• Like 1

Great pics Henrik, what made you choose the Canberra out of interest? My mom sailed on her in the 60's so a bit of personal nostalgia when I saw those pictures. I've lots of her old photos and even souvenir postcards etc somewhere.

Ian S

38.jpg

16 hours ago, KL791 said:

Yes, it should be compatible 😄

Hi Henrik, What I've seen is that the AI ship traffic 'bounces' on the swells in a fixed orientation, there is no bow pitch or lateral roll.  Is this an area for improvement perhaps, if it can be accomplished at all?

Kevin Firth - i9 10850K @5.2; Asus Maximus XII Hero; 32Gb Cas14 3200 DDR4; RTX3090

Beta tester for: UK2000; JustFlight; VoxATC; FSReborn; //42

xaP1VAU.png