Sign in to follow this  
KL791

Global AI Ship Traffic FSX and P3D News and Support

13 hours ago, kevinfirth said:

Hi Henrik, What I've seen is that the AI ship traffic 'bounces' on the swells in a fixed orientation, there is no bow pitch or lateral roll.  Is this an area for improvement perhaps, if it can be accomplished at all?

The movements have not been too realistic in previous versions either, the lateral roll has never been there, but the bow has gone up and down, and this I understand is lost now.? As I do not have P3Dv5 and will not get for some time it would be nice if you or someone else can post a short video with the ships in stormy conditions with waves 😄 Do all the ships behave in the same way or are there execeptions?

15 hours ago, Ian S said:

Great pics Henrik, what made you choose the Canberra out of interest? My mom sailed on her in the 60's so a bit of personal nostalgia when I saw those pictures. I've lots of her old photos and even souvenir postcards etc somewhere.

Hi Ian,

Three reasons... First it is a unique design - which I think defines the ship design of the end of the 50'ies and start of the 60'ies... The curves - which is a pain to model - are really typical. I hardly found one straight line in the design - I just did a Shell oil tanker from the  same period and she has the same curves. Even the wheel house is not square ..

20040410374016112916725283.jpg

Second, I am well into expanding the project with a number of classic ship models spanning the period 1955 -1985. These are the ships I used to see when I as a kid went to the local harbor. Below a slightly earlier ship - the Songkhla of the East Asiatic Company.

20042010100016112916753822.jpg

And third - the Canberra was part of the British task force to recapture the Falkland Islands which will be part of the upcoming Classic package.

• Like 2

2 hours ago, KL791 said:

The movements have not been too realistic in previous versions either, the lateral roll has never been there, but the bow has gone up and down, and this I understand is lost now.? As I do not have P3Dv5 and will not get for some time it would be nice if you or someone else can post a short video with the ships in stormy conditions with waves 😄 Do all the ships behave in the same way or are there execeptions?

Will do tomorrow... and will check multiple ships..

• Like 1

Kevin Firth - i9 10850K @5.2; Asus Maximus XII Hero; 32Gb Cas16 3600 DDR4; RTX3090; AutoFPS; FG mod

Beta tester for: UK2000; JustFlight; VoxATC; FSReborn; //42

xaP1VAU.png

So do we already have some P3Dv5 users that can tell us something about how the ship traffic works in v5? Any problems?

On 5/3/2020 at 7:55 PM, espresso said:

So do we already have some P3Dv5 users that can tell us something about how the ship traffic works in v5? Any problems?

It works without problems 😄 Movements if you activate waves are a little funny, but so they were in previous versions of P3D, 

Meanwhile I continue with the development of more classic ships:

20050410214716112916779496.jpg

20050512493916112916779591.jpg

20050510454116112916780941.jpg

• Like 4

Hi,

Since i migrated to xplane (after all life in MS) , ths is the only thing i really miss of FSX/P3D. It's amazing work. 

Please , develop a version for XPLANE..

Happy flights!!

Edited by atlantiko

I am very new to this..I have the Flytampa scenery for KaiTak and just bought VHHHv2.. is there anyway to increase the different types of boats in these waters. Kinda plain without your ships/boats etc.

thank you for the wonderful work you are doing!!

BobM.

Bob M

Hello BobM

download and install.... Global_AI_Ship_Traffic_V2.zip

Loads and loads of ships round Hong Kong.

Bigcav

Thanks..yeah I have that but around KaiTak I get maybe one boat every now and then....Maybe I need to be by the new airport..lol

Bestest!! Greets!!

BobM.

Bob M

Are you sure its installed ok and are you ship/boat traffic slider in P3d is set above 5%?

There should be over 70 boats passing by KaiTak, plus  p3d AI boat traffic.

Bigcav

These are some:

1,"Pedhoulas"
2,"Torm_Mette"
3,"Maersk_Djibouti"
4,"Joao_Candido"
5,"Thuringia_Empty"
6,"DS_Power"
7,"Maersk_Promise"
8,"BF_Leticia"
9,"Caroline_Schulte"
10,"Banzai"
11,"Manila_Express_Empty"
12,"Maersk_Niteroi"
13,"Tilda_Kosan"
14,"UASC_Doha"
15,"Torm_Mette"
16,"Doric_Freedom"
17,"Angelica_Schulte"
18,"Torm_Pacific"
19,"Senorita"
20,"Triumph"
21,"CMA_CGM_Respect_Empty"
22,"CSCL_Vancouver"
23,"Maersk_Nairobi"
24,"OOCL_St_Petersburg"
25,Beech_3"
26,"YM_Antwerp"
27,"CSAV_Rio_Illapel"
28,"Maersk_Fortaleza"

1,"Cap_Cleveland"
2,"Hafnia_Lupus"
3,"Huron_Halong"
4,"Maersk_Arkansas"
5,"Bulk_Brasil"
6,"Southern_Cross"
7,"Maersk_Alabama"
8,"Torm_Almena"
9,"Layla"
10,"Iron_Vassilis"
11,"Hector_N"
12,"Stadt_Wismar"
13,"MSC_Sinfonia"
14,"NYK_Floresta"
15,"Ocean_Shield"
16,"YM_Venus"
17,"Orion_Container"
18,"Greatship"
19,"STX_Mumbai"
20,"Frisia_Rotterdam"
21,"Barock"
22,"Key_Marmara"
23,"Cap_Coral"
24,"Marlin_Topaz"
25,"Cap_Palmas_Medium"
26,"Kristin_D_Wind"
27,"Arctic_Sunrise"
28,"Maunalei"
29,"Maersk_Deva"
30,"Grazia"
31,"Frisia_Rotterdam_Medium"
32,"Pona"
33,"jonas"
34,"Stena_Impression"
35,"Cap_Corrientes"
36,"Grand_Celebration"
37,"Cape_Flinders"
38,"Freja_Lupus"
39,"Caribbean_Blue"
40,"Gorch_Fock"
41,"Angimar"
42,"Rossini"

Thanks, I have it set at 100%

Will check it out...I see one red boat and thats it but let me check a few things.

Thanks @bigcav

Bestest,

BobM.

Bob M

Sorry for not being a lot present here, but life is busy... however, the project continues and the number of classic ships increases rapidly through my own and team mates efforts...

20060704334516112916838195.jpg

20061410501616112916853844.jpg

20060704184616112916838156.jpg

And talking about Kai Tak... There will in the classic version both be the first generation of hydrofoils and the last of the traditional Chinese sail ships...

20061308024016112916851720.jpg

• Like 2

Great! By when do you figure you will release an update? Thank You