Sign in to follow this  
KL791

Global AI Ship Traffic FSX and P3D News and Support

Have been using Global Ai Ships in P3D4.5 HF3 by xml method for some time now .... all working as it should.

Installed into P3D5 HF2 .... ships all showing, and appearing to be moving, but without any wake effects with the large ships. Small vessels seem OK..

I deleted the installation, and  precisely "copied" the P3D4.5 installation into P3D5 add-ons...... no change, 

The accompanying PDF suggests this can be caused by some older FSX textures missing, that are used. Any help identifying tracking these down would be greatly appreciated. 

This is a great package and I am very keen to get it working as it did in P3D4.

Cheers

On 7/16/2020 at 5:22 PM, Diigg said:

Great! By when do you figure you will release an update? Thank You

It is a good question... I hope it won't take too long but I keep getting new ideas and I do work a bit slower than normal at the moment.But there will be some nice new models 😄

• Like 1

Wow! The updates here look amazing!  I haven’t used P3D/FSX in over 3 years, but this collection was always one of my favorites!  After playing the MSFS alpha, it looks like MSFS will definitely still need some realistic ship traffic after all.  Keep up the great work, and hope to see the ships plowing through the waves in MSFS in the not-so-distant future!

Cheers,

Rob

• Like 1

I haven't played the alpha, but from the many videos I have seen, it sure needs your ai ships, so I hope they somehow can be converted to work in MSFS.

• Like 2

Jorn Lundtoft

I don't always stop and look at airplanes.........Oh wait, Yes I do.

Intel I7-13700F, 32GB Fury DDR5 - 6000, Kingston 1TB NVMe PCIe 4.0 SSD, Asus Geforce RTX 4070 TI 12GB, Kingston 2TB M2 NVMe SSD, Corsair 750W PCU, Windows 11

On 7/21/2020 at 2:07 AM, tom123 said:

Bump.   Any thoughts on my post of July 21 above ??
Installed into P3D5 HF2 .... ships all showing, and appearing to be moving, but without any wake effects with the large ships. Small vessels seem OK..

Most likely missed the effect files (*.fx) and any associated texture files for them.. ( ...\effects\texture ) 

20AUG21_Avsim_Sig.png?dl=1  FS RTWR   SHRS F-111   JoinFS   Little Navmap 

Henrik, I wonder if you have seen the SDK in MSFS and whether you think it will be possible to convert your ships to it?

• Like 1

Jorn Lundtoft

Intel I7-13700F, 32GB Fury DDR5 - 6000, Kingston 1TB NVMe PCIe 4.0 SSD, Asus Geforce RTX 4070 TI 12GB, Kingston 2TB M2 NVMe SSD, Corsair 750W PCU, Windows 11

Would also love to see this amazing add-on come to MSFS 2020. It really needs your touch.

• Like 1

ASUS ROG Maximus Hero XII ▪︎ Intel i9-10900K ▪︎ NVIDIA RTX 3090 FE ▪︎ 64GB Corsair Vengeance RGB Pro ▪︎ Windows 10 Pro (21H1) ▪︎ Samsung 970 EVO Pro 1TB NVME SSD (OS Drive) ▪︎ Samsung 860 EVO 2TB SATA SSD ▪︎ Seagate 4TB SATA HDD ▪︎ Corsair RMx 850W PSU

Today Knud managed to bring the first of our ships into MSFS. As this model is done exactly as most of the ships in the project this means that we expect the project can live on in MSFS

20082508162916112916982312.jpg

• Like 2

On 8/25/2020 at 2:34 PM, KL791 said:

Today Knud managed to bring the first of our ships into MSFS. As this model is done exactly as most of the ships in the project this means that we expect the project can live on in MSFS

This news made my day!

Great news Henrik. I take it that the wake behind the ship is due to MS's missing textures? 

Jorn Lundtoft

8 hours ago, jlund said:

Great news Henrik. I take it that the wake behind the ship is due to MS's missing textures? 

The texture from FSX is there, that is what you see, but it doesn't display correctly. I really hope for an "upgrade" on the water to something like DCS, which has very realistic 3d wakes. But already there is a lot of work to do on each of the ships to get it working, so it will take time... 1100 ships...actually 1250 because I have a bunch of unpublished ships 😄 😄 😄I have only had a look at MSFS on Knud's computer, as I haven't got my own new computer yet, so it will be a month before I really start to work on it...

Edited by KL791
  • Like 2

On 8/25/2020 at 7:34 PM, KL791 said:

Great news, will look forward to it.  

• Like 1

I'm really looking fwd to this for MSFS when it's ready. It made such a big difference in the immersion for P3D - you notice ships from such a huge distance away that it gives life to the environment much more than cars or anything else.

I meant to mention this to one of the producers at MSFS as an official feature, as I think having the ships replicate in multiplayer would be key and I don't know what kind of support is in the SDK for that.

• Like 2