Sign in to follow this  
KL791

Global AI Ship Traffic FSX and P3D News and Support

3 hours ago, brent.houston said:

@KL791      this is looking so good.... it's going to be a miserable 10-12 days waiting  :P

Quick question - do the ships have start / stop states, or are they always moving? 

Also - I'm working on some landmark scenery for St Petersburg and there's a lot of scheduled hydrofoil service there, I was going to take a stab at including the Meteors, trying to use the same techniques are you're using. Are you doing anything special on the hydrofoils - ie do you have them raising up onto the foil or are they always up on the foil? ( or whatever the proper nautical term is )

Cheers! Really looking forward to this - great work!

We are down to 7 days... final beta test is ongoing... ETA Friday the 26th...

To respond to the question:

the ships stop according to the schedule you do, but you have to be aware that stop behaviour is very erratic - in FSX / P3D the ships can disappear suddenly when stopped - especially if you are in a crowded area; in MSFS they sometimes move wildly from side to side if you are close when they stop and they do also disappear - FSX/P3D behaviour is clearly more stable

yes, I animated the hydrofoils so they slowly raise from the water when they start

21021811395016112917270287.jpg

• Like 2

A few more screenshots from the beta test...

21021912443216112917270875.jpg

Le Boreal cruise ship near Sydney

21021707193216112917267637.jpg

HMS Dragon 

21021912442916112917270866.jpg

Bluenose by Jean-Pierre Fillion

21021912443216112917270876.jpg

Car carrier on the Mississippi near New Orleans

• Like 4

The wait is over, you can download it at Flightsim.to.

• Like 2

Jorn Lundtoft

I don't always stop and look at airplanes.........Oh wait, Yes I do.

Intel I7-13700F, 32GB Fury DDR5 - 6000, Kingston 1TB NVMe PCIe 4.0 SSD, Asus Geforce RTX 4070 TI 12GB, Kingston 2TB M2 NVMe SSD, Corsair 750W PCU, Windows 11

12 hours ago, jlund said:

The wait is over, you can download it at Flightsim.to.

Hej Jørn, Tak fordi du postede her... dagen i går var kaotisk med næsten 3000 downloads på under 12 timer og mange, mange kommentarer...

The new version of Global AI Ship Traffic for MSFS is now available both on flightsim.to Global AI Ship Traffic MSFS V1 • Microsoft Flight Simulator and on flightsimnorway.com https://flightsimnorway.com/aishipsn

It is still backwards compatible to FSX and P3D and compared to older versions it includes among other updates more than 25 European ferry lines like Dover-Dunkirk, Rosslare-Dunkirk, Gothenburg-Zeebrugge, Immingham-Rotterdam, Marseille-Bastia, Kiel-Klaipeda, Hangö-Gydnia, Trieste-Patras, Trieste-Mersin, Trieste-Pendik, but also ferries across the harbor of Hong Kong and Singapore...

21030710431316112917300333.jpg

Hong Kong

21030507154016112917297676.jpg

Patras, Greece

21022507463716112917283610.jpg

Guayaquil, Ecuador

21030407534816112917296209.jpg

Istanbul, Turkey

21030411021216112917296487.jpg

Sandefjord, Norway

21030708003716112917300223.jpg

Port Stanley, Falklands

• Like 2

Hi, this projects looks nice, and i would like to try it, im currently on v5, when i download the file from flightsimnorway (the pack, 1.16G) its only for msfs, is there any package for v5 ? i downloaded this because it says compatible with v5. Cheers

Hello, 

It works great on my V5.1 hf1

Emile EBBR Z590 Aorus Elite, i9-11900K 3.5Ghz Nvidia RTX 3060, 16 GB Mem, SSD 1Tera + other HDDs, Dual Boot . Win11 Pro X64

On 3/31/2021 at 8:43 AM, Raznb said:

Hi, this projects looks nice, and i would like to try it, im currently on v5, when i download the file from flightsimnorway (the pack, 1.16G) its only for msfs, is there any package for v5 ? i downloaded this because it says compatible with v5. Cheers

The Global AI Ship Traffic for MSFS V1 found on flightsimnorway, simviation and flightsim.to works perfectly for P3D. In fact with the bugs and lack of effects in MSFS the functionality works better in P3D and all the old BMP files are gone... Just be aware that you must be careful to install the folders correctly in P3D as they are packed for MSFS ------- AND very important - you must remove eventual earlier installations of the project before installing as the AI ship folders in have a slightly different structure which suits both P3D and MSFS. You will have a lot of new ships with the package intended for MSFS , so it is worth the small hassle to install the newest version.

Hi, Thanks for your great work!

How can i get those pretty waves, like in your screens, in MSFS?

What setting is it?

Edited by Prisco
  • Like 1

Regards Joachim

9 hours ago, Prisco said:

Hi, Thanks for your great work!

How can i get those pretty waves, like in your screens, in MSFS?

What setting is it?

Thanks for your feedback 😄

Go under Options/General/Graphics/Water Waves and select High - next when you chose weather settings add a ground wind layer - the more windy at ground level, the higher the waves.

Henrik

Hello.

This is more than one year later than the last post but here we go.

I am a user of P3DV5.3 HF2. Before even knowing that such a great product like Global AI Ship Traffic exists and there was a website like flightsimnorway.com which includes the latest version of it, I first saw the product on flyawaysimulation.com couple of days ago and that's where I downloaded the product from.. without knowing that wan't the most up-to-date version.

Anyhow after I copied all the files of flyawaysimulation.com version I cannot start the sim anywhere around KSFO. The loading screen freezes on “Loading air, land, and sea traffic…” at precisely 77% except when I drag my sea traffic sliders all the way to the zero. Then the scenery starts just fine.

New York, Rio, Istanbul, Hamburg...all fine even with the sliders all the way to the right. But not KSFO.. for that I have to set my sliders to zero..Otherwise it won't start at all.

Now that I’ve thankfully discovered the true website of the product I’ve downloaded the latest version right away.. and copied all the files with overwriting everything… and yet the problem persists for the KSFO area.. I even tried a nearby airport I think was KSQL or something.. and the result is the same…

I wish I could delete all the files that belongs to the older version of Global AI Ship Traffic which I mistakenly downloaded...And copy the files from the updated version from the scratch but I don't know how to distinguish those files..(yeap no back up🤦‍♂️). I'm not a computer guy tbh.. 

Anybody could help me out with that?