Sign in to follow this  
KL791

Global AI Ship Traffic FSX and P3D News and Support

HI KL791,

I'm getting a repeating texture error for a ship in the Southern California region;

"Failed to load texture: MAERSK_DJIBOUTI_LM.BMP"

Tried removing the folder for this ship in SimObjects, but the error persists. Can you please help?

ps. What a superb addon. Many thanks to you and your team.

Turnbull2000, on 19 Jun 2016 - 7:11 PM, said:

HI KL791,

I'm getting a repeating texture error for a ship in the Southern California region;

"Failed to load texture: MAERSK_DJIBOUTI_LM.BMP"

Tried removing the folder for this ship in SimObjects, but the error persists. Can you please help?

ps. What a superb addon. Many thanks to you and your team.

Hi

Sorry for slow answer but I am away on business travel; I was looking at the files and no texture is missing and checking the files in mdlconverterx nothing unormal. Did you check in your folder AI_Maersk_Djibouti that you have both textures available in each of the five folders?

Best regards

Hnerik

The LM texture is also used by AI_Hanjin_Santos\model.empty and is missing from the texture folders:

Hanjin.jpg

The LM texture is also used by AI_Hanjin_Santos\model.empty and is missing from the texture folders:

Hanjin.jpg

Effectively this mistake has survived for many years without being noticed - probably because it is a night texture issue only. I will correct it for the next update - I might also upload a corrected mdl file here some time next week.

A corrected Mdl is available here https://www.dropbox.com/sh/4y14dfdxr7eef52/AACnapbKSym_0xtvt1bZ6JYda?dl=0

Please notice that this is not the whole ship but just the mdl file which should replace the old mdl file in the folder AI_Hanjin_Santos/Model.Empty

However before correcting notice that this ship is not included on many routes, so if you are not familar with the process the correction will not change much.

• Upvote 1

I guess it is the first North Korean ship in P3D... The Dae San - a type SD14 built in the UK as Browning in 1979.

16070203034316112914348977.jpg

and a chinese sister - the Hun Jiang

16070203255116112914349030.jpg

and a vietnamese

16070203033516112914348974.jpg

• Upvote 1

Excellent work!

Cheers, Ed

Cheers, Ed

MSFS Steam - Win10 Home x64 // Rig: Corsair Graphite 760T Full Tower - ASUS MBoard Maximus XII Hero Z490 - CPU Intel i9-10900K - 64GB RAM - MSI RTX2080 Super 8GB - [1xNVMe M.2 1TB + 1xNVMe M.2 2TB (Samsung)] + [1xSSD 1TB + 1xSSD 2TB (Crucial)] + [1xSSD 1TB (Samsung)] + 1 HDD Seagate 2TB + 1 HDD Seagate External 4TB - Monitor LG 29UC97C UWHD Curved - PSU Corsair RM1000x - VR Oculus Rift // MSFS Steam - Win 10 Home x64 - Gaming Laptop CUK ASUS Strix - CPU Intel i7-8750H - 32GB RAM - RTX2070 8GB - SSD 2TB + HDD 2TB // Thrustmaster FCS & MS XBOX Controllers

Really awesome!

Thanks, and there are many more to come :)

16070203033216112914348973.jpg

• Upvote 1

And a yet another model doing sea trials :)

16070204285116112914349161.jpg

16070204285516112914349162.jpg

• Upvote 1

Excellent! Even though I won't as yet, actively go ship-spotting, it's good to know that there will be some accurately modelled ships surprising me wherever I might fly near coastlines etc. :cool:

Mark Robinson

Part-time Ferroequinologist

Author of FLIGHT: A near-future short story (ebook available on amazon)

I made the baby cry - A2A Simulations L-049 Constellation

Sky Simulations MD-11 V2.2 Pilot. The best "lite" MD-11 money can buy (well, it's not freeware!)

Excellent! Even though I won't as yet, actively go ship-spotting, it's good to know that there will be some accurately modelled ships surprising me wherever I might fly near coastlines etc. :cool:

:) This is exactly how I use the ships myself eventhough the shipbuilding has reduced the time I actually fly...

Next one up the Brazilian F49 Rademaker (ex-HMS Broadsword)

16070309512516112914352662.jpg

• Upvote 2

Looking brilliant! Are those shots taken from a helicopter? I also use BOB from Orbx in slew mode, but he seems to be stuck at water level.

Ian S

38.jpg

Looking brilliant! Are those shots taken from a helicopter? I also use BOB from Orbx in slew mode, but he seems to be stuck at water level.

Hi Ian,

The images are done from the default ultralight, which I moved from FSX to P3D - it flies slow so you don't need to slew. The screenshot it self is done with snippingtool as it is easy to frame the picture with this very simple tool.

Henrik

Thanks, and there are many more to come :)

16070203033216112914348973.jpg

More like a shipping simulator!