Sign in to follow this  
KL791

Global AI Ship Traffic FSX and P3D News and Support

And the $1.000.000 question------------ Will your ai ships work in P3V4, otherwise there's no reason to buy P3Dv4 :-)

Jorn Lundtoft

I don't always stop and look at airplanes.........Oh wait, Yes I do.

Intel I7-13700F, 32GB Fury DDR5 - 6000, Kingston 1TB NVMe PCIe 4.0 SSD, Asus Geforce RTX 4070 TI 12GB, Kingston 2TB M2 NVMe SSD, Corsair 750W PCU, Windows 11

15 hours ago, jlund said:

And the $1.000.000 question------------ Will your ai ships work in P3V4, otherwise there's no reason to buy P3Dv4 :-)

That's what I am keen to know too.

Ian S

38.jpg

7 hours ago, Ian S said:

That's what I am keen to know too.

Well, me too.... I hope it will, unfortunately I will not be able to install V4 until the end of June, so I hope some of the first who moves onto the new Platform will let us know. My intention is to be able to move the project to V4, but of course everything dépends on the effort needed... remember there are more than 800 ships which might have to be adjusted or...

Hi

Good news.... It seems the ships will work in P3Dv4... There might be a few exceptions with models done in a different way than my models, as just a small test run was done, but routes and ships coming from GMAX and compiled for FSX seems to work perfectly in a Beta test. That means that at least 95 % of the ships should be fine in the 64 bit version.

So the project will go on :D

• Upvote 2

Great news! That was the first thing I was going to check. I can be flexible with different aircraft until they all work properly, but wouldn't have fully moved across until the AI was (both air and sea) was working okay. Still a bit to do with the airborne AI I think, work is in progress though.

Ian S

38.jpg

Nice, so its safe to go head and install this for P3D v4 or should we wait?

ASUS ROG Maximus Hero XII ▪︎ Intel i9-10900K ▪︎ NVIDIA RTX 3090 FE ▪︎ 64GB Corsair Vengeance RGB Pro ▪︎ Windows 10 Pro (21H1) ▪︎ Samsung 970 EVO Pro 1TB NVME SSD (OS Drive) ▪︎ Samsung 860 EVO 2TB SATA SSD ▪︎ Seagate 4TB SATA HDD ▪︎ Corsair RMx 850W PSU

8 hours ago, captain420 said:

Nice, so its safe to go head and install this for P3D v4 or should we wait?

I cannot install myself untill two weeks from now as I am travelling without my gaming computer.  With the images I saw most should work well; you might experience an effect not working or a ship not displaying, but I hope people will go ahead and install - the sooner I get some feedback the sooner I can start doing the updates because there will almost guaranteed be something to correct.

And to everybody - please post screenshots here of ships working and not working - that will speed up the job of getting the project up to date again.

Hi Henrik

I have installed the the Global package and 2017 update into P3D v4. It is late here so i only spent a few minutes doing some tests off the coast of Gibraltar. At first I thought there was a problem with the effects as there was no wake on any of the dozen or so ships in that locality. However I moved further out to sea and found a ship on the move with wake and bow wave working fine. I'll do some more testing and check out some different locations tomorrow and report back with some pictures hopefully.

Safe travels

Ian

Ian S

38.jpg

21 minutes ago, Ian S said:

Hi Henrik

I have installed the the Global package and 2017 update into P3D v4. It is late here so i only spent a few minutes doing some tests off the coast of Gibraltar. At first I thought there was a problem with the effects as there was no wake on any of the dozen or so ships in that locality. However I moved further out to sea and found a ship on the move with wake and bow wave working fine. I'll do some more testing and check out some different locations tomorrow and report back with some pictures hopefully.

Safe travels

Ian

Is there a way to just reference the ships to the objects.cfg similar to how you do it with MyTraffic6 where the models are actually located in another location (in this case P3D v3) ? without having to install the entire thing into the new sim ?

• Upvote 1

Mark W   CYYZ      

My Simhttps://goo.gl/photos/oic45LSoaHKEgU8E9

My Concorde Tutorial Videos available here:  https://www.youtube.com/user/UPS1000

21 minutes ago, Ian S said:

Hi Henrik

Safe travels

Ian

Thanks a lot. I look forward to that. It is a bit frustrating to sit and not be able to test it.

Working fine for me in v4.  Ships also show up in LittleNavMap.

• Upvote 1

7800X3D  + RTX 4080 + 32GB DDR5

17 minutes ago, TonyD said:

Thanks - good news - if you happen to get  a nice screenshot please post :D

1 hour ago, TonyD said:

Thanks Tony. I will release the final of LNM in the next days. That allows you to use P3D v4 without changing paths.

Alex