Sign in to follow this  
KL791

Global AI Ship Traffic FSX and P3D News and Support

On 8/19/2022 at 8:30 PM, cadetski said:

Hello.

This is more than one year later than the last post but here we go.

I am a user of P3DV5.3 HF2. Before even knowing that such a great product like Global AI Ship Traffic exists and there was a website like flightsimnorway.com which includes the latest version of it, I first saw the product on flyawaysimulation.com couple of days ago and that's where I downloaded the product from.. without knowing that wan't the most up-to-date version.

Anyhow after I copied all the files of flyawaysimulation.com version I cannot start the sim anywhere around KSFO. The loading screen freezes on “Loading air, land, and sea traffic…” at precisely 77% except when I drag my sea traffic sliders all the way to the zero. Then the scenery starts just fine.

New York, Rio, Istanbul, Hamburg...all fine even with the sliders all the way to the right. But not KSFO.. for that I have to set my sliders to zero..Otherwise it won't start at all.

Now that I’ve thankfully discovered the true website of the product I’ve downloaded the latest version right away.. and copied all the files with overwriting everything… and yet the problem persists for the KSFO area.. I even tried a nearby airport I think was KSQL or something.. and the result is the same…

I wish I could delete all the files that belongs to the older version of Global AI Ship Traffic which I mistakenly downloaded...And copy the files from the updated version from the scratch but I don't know how to distinguish those files..(yeap no back up🤦‍♂️). I'm not a computer guy tbh.. 

Anybody could help me out with that?

FALSE ALARM!!!!!!!!!!

Apologies for everybody's time.. I've found the solution here: 

Obviously It has nothing to do with AI Ship traffic! All I needed to update some flight plans in AIG Manager.

Thank you again for this great product.

Bye for now 🙂

Have been away a couple of years and memory has fogged a bit.  I am in the process of reinstalling Global AI Ship traffic.

Do the two files '200 AI Ships and AI Ship Traffic V2'; and 'Global AI Ship Traffic V1' constitute all  ships and fixes that are available?

I know there are others listed under the V1 information, but I'm thinking that some of those were already integrated into V2.

If not, then other than the locator program what do I need for the install t be considered complete for FSX?

Thanks,
Ernie

Edited by airernie

Ernest Pergrem

On 9/20/2022 at 3:49 PM, airernie said:

Do the two files '200 AI Ships and AI Ship Traffic V2'; and 'Global AI Ship Traffic V1' constitute all  ships and fixes that are available?

Got it.  Global AI Ship Traffic V2, which is not available in the AVSIM library does it all. 

Hardest part, well longest was the download from Simviation.  Discovered when almost done that it is now available on FlightSim. Duh!

Edited by airernie

Ernest Pergrem