Sign in to follow this  
KL791

Global AI Ship Traffic FSX and P3D News and Support

Hey Henrik,

did a quick test flight, but the drop is the same, even with the updated model. Does the model use a certain effect? I am using FSX in DX10 mode with Steve's great fixer tool, and i know, that especially particle effects can cause significant frame rate drops. But even with unmodified effects, the drop is there. Any ideas?

Best regards

Matthias

Hello Herink, hello community,

I also currently have a ship in the pipeline.

This is the "City of Hamburg", one of the two Airbus transport vessels for A380 fuselage sections. Yet lack the tailgate, the complete lighting, anchor and some other things. Even the tests in FSX and P3D still on the agenda.

I hope I get the ship ready in time in order to send it to Henrik for release of the new package.

CoH.jpg

Well, that must be exactly the right ship for a flight simulator ^_^ I think you will manage to finalize her before I get the West Coast shipping cleared up... I also have a few other routes to add, so just go ahead!

Hey Henrik,

did a quick test flight, but the drop is the same, even with the updated model. Does the model use a certain effect? I am using FSX in DX10 mode with Steve's great fixer tool, and i know, that especially particle effects can cause significant frame rate drops. But even with unmodified effects, the drop is there. Any ideas?

Best regards

Matthias

I will try to take another look at it, but do you test her directly in Hong Kong or on a test route far from everything else? As AI routes follows repeated schedules it might be a combination of more ships and/or ai airplanes in the area rather than a particular ship which cause the issue. And there is a lot going on in Hong Kong and this particular ships sails into the harbor very close to the airport.

I will try to take another look at it, but do you test her directly in Hong Kong or on a test route far from everything else? As AI routes follows repeated schedules it might be a combination of more ships and/or ai airplanes in the area rather than a particular ship which cause the issue. And there is a lot going on in Hong Kong and this particular ships sails into the harbor very close to the airport.

Thanks for your hard work on this topic!

No, i always do the test in the same scenario. Kai Tak, Runway 13, FS own GOOD WEATHER Theme, FSX 737, daytime.

And cause there is so much going on, i realised, that it might be something with this ship. I have 26-30 (locked 30) frames, but as soon as this model is in view, i have only 20-22 frames. I can pan around, back to the airport, and the frames are higher. I can pan left and right with all the other ships around, stable 30/s. This is with outside view and VC, every time the Hapag Lloyd model appears, the frame rate drops. It's really strange :blink:

Perhaps i can test in another area. Can you tell me, where i have a chance to catch the Hapag Lloyd container ship?

Matthias

EDIT: Perhaps i can disable the model temporally? So i can test in the Hong Kong area, if the "Problem" is model-associated or not?

Hello All.

I have all the A.I. ships programs installed and l love them.

I have created a list of all the ships and l tick them off as l come across them.  I then screenshot them and add their position

to Google Earth.I notice your illustrations of the routes are in Google Earth.

My question is:

What's the chance of having a downloadable file for these routes, so they will appear in Google Earth?

Regards

Carl

They are quite good if you remind me in a couple of weeks... I have shared them before, however I prefer to do the changes now and then share the finished routes.

The Airbus aircraft parts transporter "city of Hamburg" has now successfully completed its first test run in FSX and P3D. Sunday morning I'll grab the packages for the beta testers.

Here are a few screen shots of today's test drive.

Here is a picture of the test drive during the day (afterwards was still some screwed to the effects).

CoH-Testfahrt.jpg

This picture was taken at the end of the test series at night. Now, the effects of the bow and hedge wave are as I wanted them. Also you can very well see the red "maneuvers lighting" on the bridge and the illumination of the top deck.

CoH-Testfahrt-Nacht.jpg

Although the "CoH" has not adequately qualified heli-deck, but I have the top deck designed as a hard-cover so that you can land on it with a helicopter.

CoH-Helideck.jpg

But be careful!
The helipad is limited (although generous) who gets to far to the edge, falling down
:lol:

The "CoH" runs as well as in reality between Marseille and Hamburg. She come every 2 weeks to Hamburg because they needs less a week on one route  with 25 kn (real they runs only 21 kn).

The berth in Hamburg requires some can from captain.

At the level of the Airbus runway the ship needs to perform a turn on the river, and then precisely to land at the Airbus Dock (unfortunately is reverse landing as in reality in the sim not possible).

CoH-Anleger-AirbusHH.jpg

If the beta testing now gone well, the model will be released with Henrik's new package.

Grüße / Greetings

aus / from Hamburg (the most beautiful city in the world) grin.gif

Manfred

SimDocks-Logo-dark-grey200px.png

Looks very good!!!

And here is finally the first screenshot from the new package - still some work to do, but it is getting closer :)

15050909315216112913251933.jpg

And another...

15050909332216112913251935.jpg

I noticed Hong Kong being mentioned above. I'm not sure if their are any models of the star ferries (I know I should have looked!) doing their thing in Victoria Harbour? Once you've done the Star Ferry crossing it's one of those things that stay with you. I was so very lucky to use them on a daily basis as a commuter on the way to work and back. That harbour is intense with its traffic and an amazing way to start and end the working day. Above, you also get lots of air traffic.

P.S. Brilliant work Henrik... I've flown the route from HK to Taiwan an back and love the ships. They so completely add too and complete the flight sim experience.

well, it is approaching... today I finalized the routes for the American West Coast - it is a complete update with more than 250 ships activated along the coast - routes in and out of places like San Francisco Bay and the Strait of San Juan has been completely redone and traffic has been added up the Columbia River to Portland - it takes time to test as you don't want the ships hanging on a rock or crashing into each other.

15051408040116112913266760.jpg

well, it is approaching... today I finalized the routes for the American West Coast - it is a complete update with more than 250 ships activated along the coast - routes in and out of places like San Francisco Bay and the Strait of San Juan has been completely redone and traffic has been added up the Columbia River to Portland - it takes time to test as you don't want the ships hanging on a rock or crashing into each other.

15051408040116112913266760.jpg

Wow....this is going to be amazing!

- it takes time to test as you don't want the ships hanging on a rock or crashing into each other.

I can only confirm. Tune dozens of ships on a river together cost DAYS of work.

Grüße / Greetings

aus / from Hamburg (the most beautiful city in the world) grin.gif

Manfred

SimDocks-Logo-dark-grey200px.png

This is a great addon(s), really nice to see large ships. Thank you AI  ship traffic team.

:lol: The test continues...  Finally I am getting my P3Dv2.5 up and working and the ships have moved from the test in FSX to final test in P3D so time for some screenshots...

American Valor near Chicago...

15051701250516112913275298.jpg

BBC Orinoco passing Detroit...

15051701250316112913275297.jpg

An AI ship somewhere on the Great Lakes

15051701245716112913275294.jpg

And also in Alaska... Here a crab fisher in Homer - the routes are tested with default and ORBX

15051701245616112913275293.jpg

And another one...

15051701245916112913275295.jpgOf course any resemblance to some famous crab fishing boats from Discovery is purely coincidental -- this one I named after Vitus Bering who came from a small town not far from where I live and who gave his name (and life) to the Bering Strait...

And here there is an urgent need for a SAR helicopter...

15051701250016112913275296.jpg

And yesterday there were good news from Jean-Pierre who added a Canadian coast guard vessel and an icebreaker to the collection...

Posted 06 May 2015 - 07:07 PM

KL791, on 06 May 2015 - 5:47 PM, said:snapback.png

Thanks for your hard work on this topic!

No, i always do the test in the same scenario. Kai Tak, Runway 13, FS own GOOD WEATHER Theme, FSX 737, daytime.

And cause there is so much going on, i realised, that it might be something with this ship. I have 26-30 (locked 30) frames, but as soon as this model is in view, i have only 20-22 frames. I can pan around, back to the airport, and the frames are higher. I can pan left and right with all the other ships around, stable 30/s. This is with outside view and VC, every time the Hapag Lloyd model appears, the frame rate drops. It's really strange :blink:

Perhaps i can test in another area. Can you tell me, where i have a chance to catch the Hapag Lloyd container ship?

Matthias

EDIT: Perhaps i can disable the model temporally? So i can test in the Hong Kong area, if the "Problem" is model-associated or not?

Hi,

I have now tested the model thoroughly and not seen any issue - anyway I have made a simpler Wake effect - it should't really make any difference, but sometimes strange things occur... The model and effect will be included in the new package togther with a couple of additional repaints as more sisters have been built also in the real world and in particular started servicing the US West Coast.