Sign in to follow this  
KL791

Global AI Ship Traffic FSX and P3D News and Support

wait, am i missing something...has the latest package been released???

Computer Specs: i5-4690K 3.5 GHz overclocked to 4.0GHz / MSI GTX 960 4GB Video Card / 16GB Kingston HyperX Fury 1866MHz DDR3 System RAM / MSI Z97-G45 Motherboard / Crucial MX200 500GB mSATA SSD

wait, am i missing something...has the latest package been released???

Nope...not to the general community....still being BETA tested...errors, bugs, etc....

Here is ORBX's gorgeous HOMER (PAHO)...fully integrated with the BETA package now being tested.  In the background is a passenger ferry...coming into Homer's Marina, and a fish trawler, just leaving, for the open sea.

Henrik is locking down any small stuff we are finding...and making note to him...and the waiting...man..oh, man...is it GOING TO BE WORTH---------------------------->THE WAIT TIME, FOLKS!!!!!

FSX:MS Steve's Fixer in DX10 Mode

Click once on pics to enlarge...

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

homer1.png

homer2.png

homer3.png

Henrik, first let me join everyone else in thanking you for this amazing project! I have downloaded all of the files marked with *** but, as I fly primarily around the UK and north west Europe, is there a smaller subset to install for this area or is it worth just putting in everything?

i7-6700k | Asus Maximus VIII Hero | 16GB RAM | MSI GTX 1080 Gaming X Plus | Samsung Evo 500GB & 1TB | WD Blue 2 x 1TB | EVGA Supernova G2 850W | AOC 2560x1440 monitor | Win 10 Pro 64-bit

You need all the ship packages, but you can leave out the traffic files not related to North Europe - so sort the files the traffic bgls alphabetically - all my traffic files starts with Traffic_Ships_ followed by location name - for the North West Europe you just need those starting with Traffic_Ships_EU , Traffic_Ships_Norway, and Traffic_Ships_Atlantic - the two later also includes some traffic to the United Kingdom and Ireland e.g. some ferries.

Hello,Guys..I am scratching my head over missing(?) ships...I downloaded some traffic bgl,s for ai ship traffic from some site...The readme says to simply put the bgl in the scenery/world/scenery folder and that is all if you have of the Global Ai Ship traffic files installed....I have all of the Global files and updates installed..The edit files have ships listed such as:AI_Vany_Rickmers,AI_Stena_Hibernia,AI_Cap_Melville,AI_Maersk_Deva and many others...I re-download the complete Global AI Ship files again and double checked against my installed files and I seem to have all the files installed...Any ideas will be appreciated..Thanks

Check in your Sim Objects 'Boat' Folder to see that the vessels are there.

Martin Parr

Retired professional yacht skipper for vessels up to 46m

System: Omen 30L GT13-0054na Gaming PC; Windows 10 Home  64-bit OS; Intel Core i9-10900K CPU @ 3.7GHz; RAM 32GB; Samsung S34J55x Monitor 3440x1440 @75 Hz Resolution; NVIDIA GeForce RTX 2080 Ti. MSFS P/D; TM Pendular Rudder Pedals, TM Warthog Hortas Throttle/Joystick Combo.

I have checked multiple times,including the W7 search feature....I also searched in the complete downloaded Global AI (unzipped) files and still no luck...any other ideas??

If I understand you right - when you open your simobjects/boats folder in FSX then inside you have subfolders like AI_Maersk_Alabama, AI_Jonas, AI_UT755 etc...

If that is correct the next question is - do you have WOAI, MAIW or Icetraffic installed? If yes to one of these - did you convert the files using AIFP from FS9 to FSX format - if not then your problem is there.

Hi,Henrik..First,thank you for such a great contribution!!...Yes,I have the AI ships you listed...I have all your downloads installed and working in FSX...While visiting another website there were some addon ai ship traffic files that I downloaded...Those files had traffic bgl,s,a readme and an editable text file....The readme says to just add the traffic bgl and that's all you do as long as the user has your Global AI Traffic boats installed...However,when I look at the editable text it is calling for ships and boats that I do not have in my Boats folder..I have all of your downloads and used the default search feature in w7 and they also don't show as being in your downloads.. thanks for any ideas..

As I don't know what package it is that you have found and installed it is difficult to find out what can be wrong 

Not sure if this was covered in later posts, but someone mentioned installers a few pages back; KL791, you can download free installer packages, and have a go at it. One free one is Inno http://www.jrsoftware.org/isinfo.php though I've never used it myself. But might be worth a quick nose to see what's involved. Might not that that much effort. Basically, you build a script, but there are examples and documentation. Essentially looks like this. Could be too much if you're short on time though. Just thought I'd mention it.

[Setup]
AppName=FSX Boats
AppVersion=1.5
DefaultDirName={pf}\Addon Scenery\Boats
DefaultGroupName=Boats
UninstallDisplayIcon={app}\MyProg.exe
OutputDir=userdocs:Inno Setup Examples Output

[Files]
Source: "scenery1"; DestDir: "\scenery\"
Source: "texture1.chm"; DestDir: "\texturez"
Source: "Readme.txt"; DestDir: "{app}"; Flags: isreadme

[Icons]
Name: "{group}\My Program"; Filename: "{app}\MyProg.exe"

But even so, great package and thank you very much

It is not a package but a bunch of folders with AI traffic bgl.s....UPDATE...As I said earlier,I had been using the default search engine in w7 looking for the ships/boats....I have found several by going thru all your AI ships one at a time and have found several the search engine did not pick up....Will post again later if need be....Thanks for your help,and again,thanks for all your efforts on Global AI...

update.....I guess the search engine does not like the underscores maybe.....I used just one word instead of the whole ship name and now have all bgl,s installed...