Jump to content

Sign in to follow this  
KL791

Global AI Ship Traffic FSX and P3D News and Support

Recommended Posts

Hmm, can someone take a quick look at this and tell me if I missed something? It's enabled in-game, in the add-ons menu and I've set ship traffic to 10% but I'm just not seeing a single vessel anywhere;

BOE3JPP.jpg


8700K Delid @ 5GHz | G.Skill 32GB DDR4 @ 3600MHz | MSI 1080 Ti Sea Hawk X | Windows 10 Pro (2004) | Monitors: LG 27UK650 / Acer XB270HU

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

 

Hello Sethos

Not sure why you have installed it that way.

May I suggest you undo everything you have done to install the program and try it the way I have installed mine.

1. Unzip the Zipfile to a folder.

Gives you the following folders

Effects

Images

Route maps

Scenery

Simobjects

Sound

Images and route maps are for information only.

So...

Open the "effects folder in your download.

There are some files and a single folder which says "textures"

Open up your flightsim so you have a list of folders.

One of them says "effects". Open it.

Copy all the files EXCEPT TEXTURES from your download effects into Effects in flightsim.

Then copy the CONTENTS of the Texture file of your download into the texture file in effects.

 

Open the "Simobjects" folder in your download.

Copy the CONTENTS of "Animals" into Simobjects/animals in your flightsim .

Copy the CONTENTS of "Boats" into Simobjects/boats in your flightsim.

 

Copy the CONTENTS of "Sound" in your download to "Sound" folder in your flightsim.

Now for the Tricky bit.

In your download open Scenery/World/Scenery.

Press Ctrl-A.. This should highlite all the docs.

Press Ctrl-C.. This sets up the copy.

Now go into your flightsim, there is a folder call "Scenery"

Open it and scroll all the way to the bottom. There is a folder called "World"

Open it and the are two folders.. One is called "Scenery" Open it.

Now put your cursor anywhere in the opened window and right click.

Then in the new window click"Paste"

That should be that. Hope this helps.

Regards

Bigcav

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I don't know why you install it with the XML method, but as far as I can see from your image, the path to the folder "Global AI Ship Traffic" is missing.

You have specified all paths within the folder but not the path to the folder itself.


Grüße / Greetings

aus / from Hamburg (the most beautiful city in the world) grin.gif

Manfred

 

SimDocks-Logo-dark-grey200px.png

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, Bluemarlin said:

I don't know why you install it with the XML method, but as far as I can see from your image, the path to the folder "Global AI Ship Traffic" is missing.

You have specified all paths within the folder but not the path to the folder itself.

Because it's a commonly shared method in this thread and makes sure you don't junk up your core P3D installation, plus adhere to LM's new addon standards which makes it easier and more streamlined to update. Here's another post in this very thread where the method is explained;

And as you can see, it's pretty much what I'm doing. Several people have done and recommended the method, how it doesn't seem to be working for me at the moment.

  • Like 1

8700K Delid @ 5GHz | G.Skill 32GB DDR4 @ 3600MHz | MSI 1080 Ti Sea Hawk X | Windows 10 Pro (2004) | Monitors: LG 27UK650 / Acer XB270HU

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Henrik.......

I'm so curious about the new ships.......

...every day i look at this site and hope that the day of the new update's come....

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
6 hours ago, Sethos1988 said:

Because it's a commonly shared method in this thread and makes sure you don't junk up your core P3D installation, plus adhere to LM's new addon standards which makes it easier and more streamlined to update. Here's another post in this very thread where the method is explained;

And as you can see, it's pretty much what I'm doing. Several people have done and recommended the method, how it doesn't seem to be working for me at the moment.

Well, I already know that LM recommends this method and how it works.

However, this method also has its disadvantages. For example, editing and moveing/sorting the sceneries "on the fly" is no longer possible. I see quite a big disadvantage in that.

But of course, everyone as he would like.

If the ships still don't work for you, use for every folder the absolute paths (drive\folder\subfolder\.....) instead of the relative paths.

For example: E:\Global AI-Ship Traffic\Simobjects\Boats
                     E:\Global AI-Ship Traffic\Simobjects\Animals
                     E:\Global AI-Ship Traffic\Effects
                     E:\Global AI-Ship Traffic\scenery\world\Scenery
                     E:\Global AI-Ship Traffic\Sound

Edited by Bluemarlin

Grüße / Greetings

aus / from Hamburg (the most beautiful city in the world) grin.gif

Manfred

 

SimDocks-Logo-dark-grey200px.png

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

So in short.

Your method is the right way and doesn't work for what ever reason.

Mine is the wrong way and does.

Now it makes sense.

 

Oh well cant stop and chat. Got A.I. ships to look for.:biggrin:

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
On ‎5‎/‎9‎/‎2018 at 12:03 PM, heikonok said:

Henrik.......

I'm so curious about the new ships.......

...every day i look at this site and hope that the day of the new update's come....

Hi Heiko,

It keeps dragging out - Due to business I am hardly at home and when at home I have too much to do to sit in front of the PC - but I spend hours sitting on the plane so the number of models keep increasing... Here are a few high speed ferries for Greece, Argentina, Korea...

18050806452516112915703815.jpg

18050806452516112915703814.jpg

18050806452516112915703813.jpg

18050806452416112915703812.jpg

18050806452416112915703811.jpg

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
7 hours ago, KL791 said:

Hi Heiko,

It keeps dragging out - Due to business I am hardly at home and when at home I have too much to do to sit in front of the PC - but I spend hours sitting on the plane so the number of models keep increasing... Here are a few high speed ferries for Greece, Argentina, Korea...

18050806452516112915703815.jpg

18050806452516112915703814.jpg

18050806452516112915703813.jpg

18050806452416112915703812.jpg

18050806452416112915703811.jpg

Looking good Henrik, what a cool way to pass the time on a flight, do many fellow passngers enquire what you are doing?

Let me know if any assistance with testing is needed whilst you're away from your sim.

Ian


Ian S

38.jpg

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
5 hours ago, Ian S said:

Looking good Henrik, what a cool way to pass the time on a flight, do many fellow passngers enquire what you are doing?

Let me know if any assistance with testing is needed whilst you're away from your sim.

Ian

Well, yes it happend more than once - a quite funny one was when a guy took out his laptop and then revealed to me that he was actually an engineer designing ships - then we sat there and compared design methods. Some of the ships he has done in the real world might actually be included in the next package. Regards to testing it still requires that I get the ships in the virtual water, and that is my key problem at the moment as I can't travel with my gaming laptop.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
On 5/9/2018 at 4:53 PM, Bluemarlin said:

Well, I already know that LM recommends this method and how it works.

However, this method also has its disadvantages. For example, editing and moveing/sorting the sceneries "on the fly" is no longer possible. I see quite a big disadvantage in that.

But of course, everyone as he would like.

If the ships still don't work for you, use for every folder the absolute paths (drive\folder\subfolder\.....) instead of the relative paths.

For example: E:\Global AI-Ship Traffic\Simobjects\Boats
                     E:\Global AI-Ship Traffic\Simobjects\Animals
                     E:\Global AI-Ship Traffic\Effects
                     E:\Global AI-Ship Traffic\scenery\world\Scenery
                     E:\Global AI-Ship Traffic\Sound

Thanks for the reply, I tried it but no success either. Will have to troubleshoot it further at some point, suspecting maybe another externally loaded addon could be blocking it or perhaps load order has something to say when it comes to traffic in particular. We'll see.


8700K Delid @ 5GHz | G.Skill 32GB DDR4 @ 3600MHz | MSI 1080 Ti Sea Hawk X | Windows 10 Pro (2004) | Monitors: LG 27UK650 / Acer XB270HU

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

KL, thanks for your hard work on this, but for future reference could you make this addon install via P3D's official add-on.xml method. This way it doesn't install or touch any files within the main P3D install folder. Everything is outside of that folder and will be self contained.


Aaron Vinci

----------------

Intel i9 10900K (no overclock) / Windows 10 Pro 2004 64 bit / 64GB DDR4 3200MHz CL 16RAM / EVGA NVIDIA GTX 1080 FTW 8GB RAM / 1TB NVME SSD (OS Drive) / 2TB SATA SSD / 4TB SATA HDD / 850watt PSU

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
On 5/9/2018 at 4:56 AM, Sethos1988 said:

Because it's a commonly shared method in this thread and makes sure you don't junk up your core P3D installation, plus adhere to LM's new addon standards which makes it easier and more streamlined to update. Here's another post in this very thread where the method is explained;

And as you can see, it's pretty much what I'm doing. Several people have done and recommended the method, how it doesn't seem to be working for me at the moment.

It might be case sensitive, and your SimObjects folder is names Simobjects with a lower case O...


I7-7700k@4.7ghz | 32gb RAM | EVGA GTX1080 8gb | Mostly P3Dv5 (also IL2:BoX, DCS, XP11)

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
On 6/25/2018 at 12:48 PM, captain420 said:

KL, thanks for your hard work on this, but for future reference could you make this addon install via P3D's official add-on.xml method. This way it doesn't install or touch any files within the main P3D install folder. Everything is outside of that folder and will be self contained. 

That's a bit difficult because the Global AI Ship Traffic doesn't have an installer - and I think it's good as it is.

This way every user has full control where he saves the files and can be sure that no installer writes any data anywhere.

Nevertheless, you don't need to load the P3D directory with the data of the ship traffic, but you can save the complete folder with all subfolders where you want.
Just enter the paths into the simobjects.cfg, the sound.cfg and the effects.cfg. After that register the folder "Global AI-Ship Traffic/scenery/world/scenery" in the Scenery library.  

That will be all!

  • Upvote 1

Grüße / Greetings

aus / from Hamburg (the most beautiful city in the world) grin.gif

Manfred

 

SimDocks-Logo-dark-grey200px.png

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
Sign in to follow this  

  • Tom Allensworth,
    Founder of AVSIM Online


  • Flight Simulation's Premier Resource!

    AVSIM is a free service to the flight simulation community. AVSIM is staffed completely by volunteers and all funds donated to AVSIM go directly back to supporting the community. Your donation here helps to pay our bandwidth costs, emergency funding, and other general costs that crop up from time to time. Thank you for your support!

    Click here for more information and to see all donations year to date.
  • Donation Goals

    AVSIM's 2020 Fundraising Goal

    Donate to our annual general fundraising goal. This donation keeps our doors open and providing you service 24 x 7 x 365. Your donation here helps to pay our bandwidth costs, emergency funding, and other general costs that crop up from time to time. We reset this goal every new year for the following year's goal.


    28%
    $7,125.00 of $25,000.00 Donate Now
×
×
  • Create New...