Jump to content

KL791

Global AI Ship Traffic FSX and P3D News and Support

Recommended Posts

Don't laugh. Completely deleted EVERYTHING and started from scratch! This time installing directly into P3D old style. None of this XML stuff. :smile:

I did download everything from page one of this thread and installed in strict order.

If Global ships wasn't so good I would have given up on it several times. Maybe it's about time all the necessary files were consolidated and AVSIM Library was cleared out and re-uploaded in 500MB lumps. :unsure:


Even proven facts start out life as theories. Don't knock 'em. 🙂

My Paints On MediaFire

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
On ‎12‎/‎4‎/‎2018 at 2:40 AM, Ron Attwood said:

Don't laugh. Completely deleted EVERYTHING and started from scratch! This time installing directly into P3D old style. None of this XML stuff. :smile:

I did download everything from page one of this thread and installed in strict order.

If Global ships wasn't so good I would have given up on it several times. Maybe it's about time all the necessary files were consolidated and AVSIM Library was cleared out and re-uploaded in 500MB lumps. :unsure:

Hi

You actually just need to download the latest two files...

Global AI Ship Traffic V1    https://library.avsim.net/download.php?DLID=194715

200 AI Ships and AI Ship Traffic V2 https://library.avsim.net/download.php?DLID=200129

and install in same order.

The older files are maintained for those who doesn't want to download all - maybe just looks for one special ship.

Regards to vertical wakes - they are also fixed using the above two files.

 

 

 

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Yes I know and I did just that, but I still didn't get ships. Nevertheless, I did it using all the files and I've got ships. Go figure. :unsure:


Even proven facts start out life as theories. Don't knock 'em. 🙂

My Paints On MediaFire

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Finally I have started the phase of testing the update... Still some road to go but the ships are getting in the water and I am slowly starting on the routes. Below screenshots with some of the new models during test.

18122610542916112916050213.jpg

18122609101116112916050108.jpg

18122609101116112916050109.jpg

18122610542816112916050210.jpg

18122606393816112916049964.jpg

 

  • Like 3
  • Upvote 2

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Lookiing mighty good if you ask me 🙂 BTW, how do you get waves like in the last picture, I have never seen that in P3D?


Jorn Lundtoft

I don't always stop and look at airplanes.........Oh wait, Yes I do.

 

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
On 12/28/2018 at 4:17 PM, KL791 said:

Finally I have started the phase of testing the update... Still some road to go but the ships are getting in the water and I am slowly starting on the routes. Below screenshots with some of the new models during test.

18122610542916112916050213.jpg

18122609101116112916050108.jpg

18122609101116112916050109.jpg

18122610542816112916050210.jpg

18122606393816112916049964.jpg

 

Looking great, let me know if any assistance with testing is needed. 


Ian S

38.jpg

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
On ‎12‎/‎28‎/‎2018 at 3:33 PM, jlund said:

Lookiing mighty good if you ask me 🙂 BTW, how do you get waves like in the last picture, I have never seen that in P3D?

The waves are easy - put your water setting on ultra and increase the wind - then your ships will be rolling in the waves. Depending on ship size it looks more or less realistic.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
17 hours ago, Ian S said:

Looking great, let me know if any assistance with testing is needed. 

Hi Ian,

I hope we are now just looking at weeks before help testing will be needed.

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Hi, I've been using global ship traffic since its release but today I noticed that I duplicate ships, both the same, following each other, this was off the coast of Dubai, two cruise ships, has anyone else seen this or how do I fix the problem, I can't seem to find any duplicates in the p3dv4.4 sim objects or scenery folders.

Cheers Rod 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, doublebubble said:

Hi, I've been using global ship traffic since its release but today I noticed that I duplicate ships, both the same, following each other, this was off the coast of Dubai, two cruise ships, has anyone else seen this or how do I fix the problem, I can't seem to find any duplicates in the p3dv4.4 sim objects or scenery folders.

Cheers Rod 

Me too

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

You didn't inadvertently end up with a traffic file duplicated did you or perhaps a second copy in another folder that P3D has access to or a second reference in an XML file, etc.

Edited by airernie

Ernest Pergrem

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I think BigCavs comment points in the right direction. Double ships usually appears when eg switching plane during a flight.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Whenever the World Scenery file gets read either going to a new location from where you started or as mentioned above switching planes which also reads the scenery file another ship will appear because that ships .bgl is read anew. I believe somewhere in a previous thread the author mentioned this if I recall correctly, I'll see if I can find that thread? 

Edited by MartinRex007

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Hola!

I've never used this before and I'd like to know whether I should be aware of any potential complications of using the packages in v4?


Jacek G.

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now

  • Tom Allensworth,
    Founder of AVSIM Online


  • Flight Simulation's Premier Resource!

    AVSIM is a free service to the flight simulation community. AVSIM is staffed completely by volunteers and all funds donated to AVSIM go directly back to supporting the community. Your donation here helps to pay our bandwidth costs, emergency funding, and other general costs that crop up from time to time. Thank you for your support!

    Click here for more information and to see all donations year to date.
  • Donation Goals

    AVSIM's 2020 Fundraising Goal

    Donate to our annual general fundraising goal. This donation keeps our doors open and providing you service 24 x 7 x 365. Your donation here helps to pay our bandwidth costs, emergency funding, and other general costs that crop up from time to time. We reset this goal every new year for the following year's goal.


    34%
    $8,560.00 of $25,000.00 Donate Now
×
×
  • Create New...