King,
Froogle is a youtube character who focuses on sims, especially flight sims. I was unclear in what I was saying regarding his suggestion. It is not that you assign throttle axis in FSX for PMDG a/c, only that you must leave the "enable controllers" box checked, which means you will have to go into each one and make sure it is NOT assigned. Sorry for the confusion. I have assigned my axis through FSUIPC and made them profile specific for the current PMDG 777 I am flying. It was a bit confusing, even with related videos for help, and it took a little while, but dear me, I got er working. The true test will be after I land this bird later today and move back over to an NGX. I will have to assign new controls for a new profile, and it should be just as confusing this time, since I don't really remember everything I did last time ;-)

'Froogle'.... is wrong. Whilst we are on the subject, why is some youtube character considered an expert? Is it because he has a youtube channel? Seems to be easy qualification criteria! Anyway, I digress......

I have the NGX set up perfectly in FSUIPC. 'Enable controllers' is switched off in FSX

The only axis that needs something different doing to it is the throttle axis. On this you have to set 'send as normal FS Axis' withing FSUIPC.

The other axis can be set as 'send to FSUIPC for calibration' 

'Froogle'.... is wrong. Whilst we are on the subject, why is some youtube character considered an expert? Is it because he has a youtube channel? Seems to be easy qualification criteria! Anyway, I digress......

I have the NGX set up perfectly in FSUIPC. 'Enable controllers' is switched off in FSX

The only axis that needs something different doing to it is the throttle axis. On this you have to set 'send as normal FS Axis' withing FSUIPC.

The other axis can be set as 'send to FSUIPC for calibration' 

For the record, I was not suggesting that the youtube character Froogle is an expert in any sense at all. I was simply noting that he had made such a comment, and it seemed to work better for him. I happen to have the box checked as well, and it is working fine. I also set my throttles to "send to FSUIPC for calibration', and they seem to be working rather well. Though admittedly there are a couple of odd quirks. But now I digress...

Nice of you to digress, but you need bother. I happen to like his youtube channel if for no other reason, it is entertaining and I learn quite a bit from it. If you do not care to watch, don't, but please do not put words into my post that weren't there. I never called him an expert; you did.

Please, share your perfect TQ-6 setup for the NGX so that I, and everyone else, might benefit from your expertise. 

For the record, I was not suggesting that the youtube character Froogle is an expert in any sense at all. I was simply noting that he had made such a comment, and it seemed to work better for him. I happen to have the box checked as well, and it is working fine. I also set my throttles to "send to FSUIPC for calibration', and they seem to be working rather well. Though admittedly there are a couple of odd quirks. But now I digress...

Nice of you to digress, but you need bother. I happen to like his youtube channel if for no other reason, it is entertaining and I learn quite a bit from it. If you do not care to watch, don't, but please do not put words into my post that weren't there. I never called him an expert; you did.

Please, share your perfect TQ-6 setup for the NGX so that I, and everyone else, might benefit from your expertise. 

I wasn't suggesting you were, nor putting words in your mouth. I was referring to this in general, not you specifically. It was not intended to come across this way.

No need for the aggression. Have a good day.

Indeed. My apologies. Neither did I intend to come off as aggressive; I was going for smart a#$ for the sake of smart a#$ I meant no offense and took none.

I am still interested in you TQ-6 settings on FSUIPC if you are willing to share. As I said, I have a couple of odd quirks such as throttle one when moved alone moves throttle two in the sim but throttle two does not move throttle one.

now if I move throttle one and two simultaneously and then pull throttle two back they will separate. Thats one; let me know if you'd like to hear more ;-)

Sorry for the smart a#$ery

Hi,

I wrote a step by step guide for setting up the TQ6-Adv with FSUIPC for the NGX along time ago. The principles are still the same for the TQ6 standard version. You can get it at my website www.pollypotsoftware.org.uk under the Support menu.

Best wishes

Steve

Stephen Munn

Indeed. My apologies. Neither did I intend to come off as aggressive; I was going for smart a#$ for the sake of smart a#$ I meant no offense and took none.

I am still interested in you TQ-6 settings on FSUIPC if you are willing to share. As I said, I have a couple of odd quirks such as throttle one when moved alone moves throttle two in the sim but throttle two does not move throttle one.

now if I move throttle one and two simultaneously and then pull throttle two back they will separate. Thats one; let me know if you'd like to hear more ;-)

Sorry for the smart a#$ery

No problem. The heat of forum battle can be tiring  B)

Steve38 has posted the guide I followed. Thanks Steve.....I had actually forgotten how this was done!

https://www.dropbox.com/s/tajg4vm02ynq06v/Configuring%20the%20GF%20TQ6%20for%20the%20PMDG%20NGX%20using%20FSUIPC.pdf