Sign in to follow this  
krustykobb

Freeware Weather Engine

You are responding to a topic that is nearly three years old. Thus the information is very out of date. FSrealWx was free at the time, and yes the new version is no longer free.

Welcome to Avsim!

• Upvote 1

There's always FSXWX, that's still free :)

ckyliu, proud supporter of ViaIntercity.com. i5 12400F, 32GB, GTX980, more in "About me" on my profile. 

support1.jpg

12 hours ago, Dragontech said:

FSrealWX is not freeware. It has a free trial period, then you have to pay €20.00 to continue using it.

Not according to the FSrealWX homepage:

"Weather add-on for FS2002, FS2004, FSX, P3D and Xplane.

It decodes METAR and upper wind data (additional weather information such as types of clouds are in preparation) and sends it to the flight simulator.

FSrealWX will always remain freeware"

They also say::

"FSrealWX can be us as unregistered version but some features are not available in this case.

These advantages are given with registered version:

flight planner

load editor

weather finder

better weather display for FSX and Prepar3D

loading past weather

loading and saving of weather data

FSrealWX as client on a further computer

more features are developed….

direct wind control

You can activate FSrealWX by buying a key."

i7-6700k | Asus Maximus VIII Hero | 16GB RAM | MSI GTX 1080 Gaming X Plus | Samsung Evo 500GB & 1TB | WD Blue 2 x 1TB | EVGA Supernova G2 850W | AOC 2560x1440 monitor | Win 10 Pro 64-bit

The information on their page is out of date. No idea what is correct and what is not but I know it doesn't support FS2002 as one example.

Mark Daniels