Sign in to follow this  
fabiobertola

New monitor - low framerate?

Hi to everybody, back to simming after some years, with my half decent rig (i7 3770 @4,1k, 8gb, gtx670) I had decent framerates flying the razbam Metroliner on an old Hanns monitor (1280x1024).

Today I bought a new 24" lcd monitor (1920x1080) and with the same settings the framerates dropped to unflyable stuttering values.

I'd think that's a gpu issue, even quite oddly Gpu-z showed 50-60% of load only.

Anyway do you think a new gtx970 would be a good upgrade for my system, or would be better a faster cpu?

Thank you in advance

Fabio

I can't see how going from a 1280 to 1920 would have that much of a drop in frames for you. I was using three 27's in Surround 8100x1440 with a 680. It was useable but not great. I've since upgraded to a 980 and it made a huge difference, especially in P3D.

Do you mind sharing what your settings you are using as well as any AI?

Is it done yet? When will it be released? Will it be freeware or payware? How much will it cost? Any updates on the progress? Will it work for Xbox? Can I be a beta tester? How's the performance in VR?

I was getting 30 fps with a GTX560Ti with only 1Gb onboard memory so there is something very wrong with your system.  What version Nvidia driver are you using?  Try deleting your shaders. Turn Vsync off.

In answer to your specific questions the 970 is a good value buy and overclocks to 980 levels.  P3D still likes a fast cpu however, bit expensive in your case since you would need a new motherboard as well.

Have you checked your Windows resolution and in P3DV2 is matching and the prepar3d.cfg is also only having one display entry? Could be a simple conflict.

Michael Moe

Michael Moe

fs2crew_747_banner1.png

Banner_FS2Crew_Emergency.png

Sorry guys, likely I messed-up something with the configuration. Deleting shaders and config file, and testing swapping just monitors the framerates are quite the same in the usual 15-25 range. I'd like to thank anyone chiming in giving advice.

But in any case, as I am both an AI Traffic junkie and usually IFR flying (often in bas weather), do you suggest a gpu (gtx970) or cpu (4790k+mobo) upgrade?

Hello fabiobertola,

If You are going to go that way - then do them Both !! - Be sure You Choose the Ablolutely FASTEST Processor You can get Your Hands on !! - We're talking 4ghz or better - and 8 to 16 gigs of Ram !! - If You Stop in the Middle of the Creek - You're Feet are still in the Mud !! - Good Luck - Johnman

Hello fabiobertola,

I totally Understand - It looks like You have a Decent Graphics Card - ( Gtx 670 ) - I assume 2gb or better - Then Go for the Mobo and Chip - and remember - the faster the Chip - The better Your Frame Rate - Shoot for at least 4ghz !! - Good Luck - and Remember - This is How WE Have FUN !! :lol: B)