Sign in to follow this  
Sesquashtoo

Starting a morning yacht cruise from the marina near CYBD (Bella-Coola)

The first pic, has me barely leaving the marina at one end of the fjord, and am now starting my real-time cruise to the end of the fjord, and the Misty Moorings scenery river-run that passes through fantastic ORBX fat-region scenery, and spec'ed with the equally fabulous Misty Mooring scenery and objects. I will be passing through mountain passes (on the river that connects each lake and fjord), wonderful vacation properties and Lodges....and all on the wonderful DeltaSim GTX Yacht v2.0.  I will be cruising around 18 knots for this journey, and will keep posting relevant pictures of note-worthy scenery as I pass and explore on this marine usage of FSX-MS/DX 10 Steve's Fixer v2.6, REX 4 Direct water and waves, Shade, and all FSX-MS scenery sliders at full right.  I hope you enjoy the cruise, and you are invited to enjoy the view upon one of the yellow lounge chairs, with drinks and food orders being taken shortly.  Oh...if you want a warm blanket to cover your legs...just ask the crew attendant (I am rich beyond everest, for this session...so don't worry about bothering them...they are being well paid!)   :rolleyes:   

So, the following are you, me, and the rest of my guests, staring out about ten minutes out from the marina...and will post as we go, within this thread...for the cruise is going to be live-time...and over many hours....

A suggestion...as it is slightly cold today...the crew member can offer you a Bailey's and Spiced Rum...warm.  That should add to your enjoyment!

Captain Mitch (and owner....(smile)...."over and out"..... 

Now heading into the south finger of the fjord...and at this end, will the river run start with all the Misty Mooring goodness!   The cloud base is ORBX weather choice 4, and if you do like the marine aspect of FSX-MS (you can't beat the DX10 love upon the waves and water!!!  P3D simply can't compare at this time...nope!), I highly recommend Accu-Feel to add wave, water against hull sound effects to your session. The program tremendously brings realism to marine simulation, as well as the main air aspect.

Now...we have arrived at the south end of the fjord, and the start of the Misty Moorings River Run....here is the cove with the Lodge and waterfall. We will then cruise southward, pass the waterfalls....and into a river...which leads to a large lake...

Now, you can see the cool Misty Mooring scenery elements, and how canals have been cut to extend the water way into the beautiful canyon. Misty Mooring Scenery packs are highly recommended!

Time is short...so I have to leave off...but I hope that you might be encouraged to use FSX:MS for marine applications as well.  It sure can dish it out!

Happy landings....over the water, or above it... :)

Final pics...heading down the river run canal...

Final comment:

This is the best thing out of a non-flying scenario, that I have ever seen in FSX-MS.   I just passed a curve of the river and there before me, was a animated Grizzly Bear, fishing.  If you don't have this scenery...are you EVER missing out....wow...

http://fsfiles.org/flightsimshotsv2/1Ox

Back to the river run...and everybody have a good weekend.

Mitch

Wow, what a fun idea. That's a way of doing the sim I hadnt considered. Of course, I Googled 'ships for FSX' and some interesting sites came up.

Guess we'll have to start something like VATSIM, say MARINESIM, to coordinate river and ocean traffic. It would be fun to get someone on multiplayer to buzz your yacht.

Thanks for posting.

Wow, what a fun idea. That's a way of doing the sim I hadnt considered. Of course, I Googled 'ships for FSX' and some interesting sites came up.

Guess we'll have to start something like VATSIM, say MARINESIM, to coordinate river and ocean traffic. It would be fun to get someone on multiplayer to buzz your yacht.

Thanks for posting.

You're quite welcome!  Here is a start for you....freeware and payware on the same site. The yacht you see me 'owing' for this cruise...is from this site:

http://www.deltasimstudio.com/

If you or anyone else decides to download and try out some of these yachts, you need (from the same site and download area) the updated and modified aircraft.cfg file for the boats, so you can obtain over 15 knots with these babies. I have modified it yet further...and can clip along at over 35 knots to get where I wanna go....and the sound of ACCU-FEEL treatment of the water and waves slapping against the hull...well...just music to this marine guy's ears...  :rolleyes:

Has anybody tried to duplicate this cruise?  If so...what did you see?   Oh..this is not a test....lol.

Ses