Sign in to follow this  
Driver170

737 NGX N1 movement with throttles

I have the 737 NGX and the jetmax TQ737 throttle. But something is off because when i load down my plane MAX out, it only takes 26 % N1 to move the AC and thats aload of bull because before i used FSUIPC it took around 35 or even more to move it. Now imagine if i was carrying alot lighter load, the thing would take off with a slight touch of the throttles!

Any ideas or help? I did try send the controls to FSX but i can't synce the full range of motion on both throttles, it seems the NGX is out of sync or FSX is and doesn't match my TQ throttle adjustments.

Vernon Howells

Below is a link to two pictures. 1 is when my throttles on my TQ737 is at idle and you can see in the ngx it doesn't return to idle

second picture is full thrust and again doesn't go to full thrust in ngx. 

any help anyone??????????????? these are set through FSX different from my first post. so either way i can't use FSUIPC OR FSX WITH MY TQ

https://www.dropbox.com/s/gocvr0gsav3ufwd/2015-1-4_17-7-21-915.BMP?dl=0

https://www.dropbox.com/s/benlx4ycc8vcrlg/2015-1-4_17-7-26-578.BMP?dl=0

Vernon Howells

The throttles in the sim are not in idle or full position.
So i'd say it has something to do with the calibration of your TQ

Yeh but only way i can fix the axis is through FSUIPC but i can't use FSUIPC because somehow the NGX moves at 24 N1 when its fully loaded.

I honestly give up

At the moment i'm not enjoying FSUIPC because now all my controls and buttons have somehow mixed up! The controls on my TQ i assigned have somehow switched over to my yoke

WHAT IS GOING ON

Vernon Howells

Do you have the fsuipc lua ground friction script installed?

This actually makes the breakaway thrust more realistic by fixing the messed up fsx ground friction.

Not i haven't got that?

All my FSUIPC assignments have just messed man

I just want to fly man. Why has FSUIPC MESSED things up

Vernon Howells

Installed the friction and the NGX still moves at 24 N1 under full load

Anyone?

Infact it moves at 22 N1

Need serious help

Vernon Howells

Yeh followed it to the letter.

Even my old saitek lever moves the AC at 22 N1 when fully loaded. Something is wrong

Vernon Howells

Maybe try it with the iFly 737, which generally is easier to configure/intregate than PMDG with add-on hardware, as they release the SDK to developers. It's a risk free gamble, as Flight1 do a 30 day money back guarantee. If it works with iFly, at least it means the hardware is OK, if it doesn't work properly with iFly either, maybe it might might point to the hardware, or be PC related, but either way progress will have been made?

Just a thought,

Eugene

PS Also once you've registered your iFly version, you'll have access to the iFly forum, including the Cockpit Builders forum, which has some really knowledgeable folk in residence. But pay careful attention to the install instruction, iFly's anti piracy measures are quite tough, UAC and anti-virus etc need to be disable. Also Win8 is not supported, although there are unofficial work-arounds that some have used successfully.

Thats a good thought thanks! I may try that out.

I'm not sure why this is doing this. I have even tried it without running the FDS GLARE, still the same problem.

Even my saitek lever through fsx behaves the same.

Maybe reinstall the NGX and FSUIPC?

Vernon Howells

Im not sure what your issue is?

Most jet aircraft will move on the taxiway with minimum thrust. Breakaway thrust values in FSX have always been useless, hence the need for FSUIPC LUA fix.

A quick look on the web shows 737 NG's can quite happily start moving at min thrust. Max thrust in any situation should be 30-35% for taxi purposes.

Perhaps Im not understanding the problem correctly. Apologies if not.

If i set my controls only to FSUIPC and fully load the NGX it moves at 22 % N1 and rapidly builds speed to 10 kts! This isn't normal for a full loaded AC. This isn't right i can't even taxi without constantly braking.

I installed LUA and that seems like its not working. I added that line in FSUIPC.INI and copyed that file into the modules folder.

Vernon Howells

In the immortal words of David Gunson

Just noticed that - Brings back memories - we were both controllers at Birmingham (EGBB) in the seventies - he's a funny guy ( everyone called him "Bunny Gunson" for some reason) - those were good days....

Eugene

Minimum thrust yeh but its fully loaded it shouldn't take 22 N1 to move the AC and it then rapidly builds up speed?

Just noticed that - Brings back memories - we were both controllers at Birmingham (EGBB) in the seventies - he's a funny guy ( everyone called him "Bunny Gunson" for some reason) - those were good days....

Blast from the past ;)

I appreciate all the help so far guys, thanke so much!

Vernon Howells