Sign in to follow this  
Driver170

737 NGX N1 movement with throttles

If i set my controls only to FSUIPC and fully load the NGX it moves at 22 % N1 and rapidly builds speed to 10 kts! This isn't normal for a full loaded AC. This isn't right i can't even taxi without constantly braking.

I just tested my iFly 737-800, At around 60 Tonnes (so well below max}, and an idle of 20.2%, it would stay put if the brakes were released, and from around 20kts taxi speed, it would take about 1500M to come to a stop. I use the same throttles in a JetMax supplied by FDS.

Eugene

I normally go to about 35% just to get it going, then around 15kts back to idle, after 20 secs or so, it slowly de-accelerates, so I put a bit of power back, then idle again, and continue like that. I rarely need the brakes unless I've mis-judged a bend, or need to stop completely.

As an experiment, I tried 24% from a parked position, and had the same result as you, it continued to accelerate, and by half way down the runway was doing 30kts, but back to idle, it stopped in about 1200m with no brakes. It seems that extra 2% is the critical factor. As your other throttles give the same result, it indicates that the PMDG model is the problem? Maybe try the iFly even if you don't intend to keep it?

Eugene

, I tried 24% from a parked position, and had the same result as you, it continued to accelerate, and by half way down the runway was doing 30kts, but back to idle, it stopped in about 1200m with no brakes.

Thanks so its not just me thats going crazy haha! I need to take it to about 24 % N1 to get it going.

How is the IFLY 737 ?

Vernon Howells

For me with a JetMax, it's a no brainer - they produced a cockpit builders edition designed from the floor up for that sort of project. It makes the whole process of launching the sim a one button procedure. I've got both, and I think in the cockpit eye-candy department, the PMDG has the edge, but technically the iFly is nigh on perfect, and works well with 3rd party hardware. Before the JetMax, I used it with VRinsights CDU, and 737 Overhead, both of which wouldn't work well with PMDG (at the time at least.),

But both are fine products.

Eugene

Both very good products! Even though i haven't tried the ifly.

Thanks for checking out the taxi thrust for me. Surely at heavy weight the NG would take alot more thrust?

Vernon Howells

I was just watching a Frogglesim video about using FSUIPC, in it he said PMDG aircraft shouldn't use FSUIPC for throttle setting, but use the inbuilt FSX axes controls to set the PMDG throttles - have you tried that?

Video here: about 70 secs into video:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=TkOg-r_MKwM#t=13

Eugene

I tried setting it through fsx but when i do its somehow using the reversers instead?

Vernon Howells