Sign in to follow this  
Sesquashtoo

The sheer beauty and capability of FSX:MS or SE that cannot be seen from the air...

This is the beauty and realism..that I am typing about....

There is such detail..and attention by developers for ground scenery that can not be appreciated by a view hundreds, to thousands of feet above this spectacular scenery created for our pleasure.  You are seeing ORBX and Misty Moorings at their finest....

I am so grateful that the developers of FSX made water (covering over 97 percent of our planet!) and it usage of it within FSX, so realistic...so inviting...that I had one of the best experiences with FSX this morning.  I never knew what would be coming into view, around a mountain pass, a river bend, never knew...and what entertainment it was.

FSX with add-on scenery...at ground level...is simply stunning 

Good morning, all!

Thx Ses!

Very nice indeed ;-)

Main Simulation Rig:

Ryzen 5600x, 32GB RAM, Nvidia RTX 3060 Ti, 1 TB & 500 GB M.2 nvme drives, Win11.

Glider pilot since October 1980...

Avid simmer since 1992...

71%

Nice shots :)

Yeah, yeah, yeah...LOLOLOL.   Ok...we'll go with 71%...no matter how you dice it up...more water, than land to fly or boat over...  :lol:

Man, nobody can convince me that I'm the only one who takes a boat out upon the waters of both FSX(x) and P3D(x)!!!

Nope..don't believe it for one moment, lol!

Ses  :rolleyes:

Nice screen shots, Mitch. However, I do believe your lady friend, in the last shot, runs a serious risk of frostbite. What with the current temps here on the Left coast of Canada. In fact she may already be suffering from hypothermia. She's looking a little stiff! :lol: :lol:

Take care, and Happy New Year.

Craig.

Nice screen shots, Mitch. However, I do believe your lady friend, in the last shot, runs a serious risk of frostbite. What with the current temps here on the Left coast of Canada. In fact she may already be suffering from hypothermia. She's looking a little stiff! :lol: :lol:

Take care, and Happy New Year.

Craig.

:LOLOLOLOL....I sort of thought someone would jump on that one....hey Craig, lol...all I can say...is the gal is hardy....and man...does she LIKE TO PARTY!  :wacko:   Snow upon the mountains, or not.....what a gal!

I take it, she's a local girl. :P  Getting back on topic, your screen shots have piqued my interest, and I intend to give boating a try in P3D. Thanx to your motivation/inspiration, I can give my new pc a workout.

Cheers, Craig

I take it, she's a local girl. :P  Getting back on topic, your screen shots have piqued my interest, and I intend to give boating a try in P3D. Thanx to your motivation/inspiration, I can give my new pc a workout.

Cheers, Craig

Craig, truly, it's not just a flight simulator....they did such a job on water/physics/metrics...that it begs a boat out upon it...truly!

3rdP's have also stepped up to the bar...and have given such fantastic scenery to see at boat level....Misty Moorings for one,  ORBX for sure...and many more.  I enjoy flying, of course..and that brought me into the hobby...but I have to tell ya...there is NOTHING like taking that big yacht out upon an FSX/P3D lake, river, or open ocean cruise, after coming home from work....and the shoulders drop, the blood pressure descends, and a little imagination and dreaming ramps up....

Would I want one in real life?  Not really...too much to worry about...to many metrics to figure out...but for a half hour to hour cruise within FSX....ABSOLUTELY!   :rolleyes:

Enjoy the waters...especially with a little DX10/Steve latest Fixer v2.6 sort of flair....   Oh..and the gal...her name is Fran..... :)

.....and if you don't have ACCU-FEEL...you need it....for some of the best wave chop...and water against the hull, you have ever heard!!!!!!!!!

MItch

Nice.

nebojsa

Thanks...I certainly enjoy this aspect of FSX and P3D as much as flying with  them....

I am also very glad with FSX SE.

So far I installed Steve's fixer ( latest version ), and the only aircraft add-on I have installed so far was RealAir's Beechcraft Duke v2.  I am waiting for the PMDG installers for the NGX and the 777-200LR/F.

I considered installing Orbx FTX Global, but I fear the impact it may have - 95% of the time I use FSX SE only with Aerowinx PSX, both on the same desktop, which is not a top model  :-)

Main Simulation Rig:

Ryzen 5600x, 32GB RAM, Nvidia RTX 3060 Ti, 1 TB & 500 GB M.2 nvme drives, Win11.

Glider pilot since October 1980...

Avid simmer since 1992...

I am also very glad with FSX SE.

So far I installed Steve's fixer ( latest version ), and the only aircraft add-on I have installed so far was RealAir's Beechcraft Duke v2.  I am waiting for the PMDG installers for the NGX and the 777-200LR/F.

I considered installing Orbx FTX Global, but I fear the impact it may have - 95% of the time I use FSX SE only with Aerowinx PSX, both on the same desktop, which is not a top model  :-)

Hi J.   I haven't yet installed FSX:SE, but the pressure is mounting, lol.   I wanted to wait until I read that there was no difference in adding an add-on, between either FSX:MS, or FSX:SE.   When that happens....it's a no-brainer!

BTW, DX10 and Seve's Fixer's v2.6, with the variable wave direction feature, is fantastic, wether on the water, or flying over it.

Nice ones Mitch but wish you would post thumbs instead of links.

Avsim Board of Directors | Avsim Forums Moderator